MGP/MGP+ 2018 - Starts 18th Nov - Admissions Open.
Admissions for MGP/MGP+ 2018 are now open. Course begins from 18th Nov, 2018. Read Complete details here. To subscribe visit http://instamojo.com/ForumIAS

[Videos] General Studies on YouTube

edited January 2014 in Miscellaneous
Now I have begun with making videos on GS and posting them on Youtube.

It is a tribute to the revolution against the oppressive fees charged by the coaching institutes.

Do give feedback and do spread the word around. (Moderators can always make this thread as sticky).

And sorry if you find me getting a little bhaavuk in the videos :(

P.S. - This is an act of feeling "Being Robinhood" and is intensified by post-mains joblessness.

Moderator Note : Link to the channel is well warrented. Thanks for sharing.
SleepyClasses YouTube Channel :

You can also subscribe my channel/page "Sleepy Classes" on youtube. All the best :)

Comments

• Bhaiyon shri Ganesh with The American Revolution :)

You can also subscribe my channel/page "Sleepy Classes" on youtube. All the best :)
  • @Shkk : Applaudable!!!

Would be great if you share the ppt ?
    Do it.
  • @deep_a -
    No problem sharing the ppt.
    How to do that?

• @singha -
    French Revolution is on it's way :)

• edited January 2014
    @Shkk
    You have cleared the concept of American revolution. Thanks buddy.
    Hoping to get Economics GS (Prelims) lecture in next round. :-D
  • Doston it'll be reallllly kind of you if you guys can comment and like the videos there on YouTube.

It really helps future viewers in deciding whether to watch the video or not.

Can't really say thanks enough to all for the moral pump.

• French Revolution. Important for 2014.

• @Heyram @sheen -

Making videos in English is a great idea but for that I'll have to write detailed script every time. It'll make the process even slower. (It is still taking me an entire day to make and improve on one video).

I want to make as many videos as possible in these couple of months, before the life starts to have its toll.

• edited January 2014
    @Shkk
    So in Hindi you don't need to write a detailed script every time?
    It is okay in Hindi too btw. :-)
  • In Hindi, the props in the ppt and the notes are enough to give detailed explanations.

And above all I am a teacher, toh fundae automatically nikal hi jaate hain :p

• edited January 2014
    Help/suggestions wanted

I want to make all the videos over night and see the shine on people's face. I mean it feels so awesome to see that gleam on a student's face after he's understood the concept well. (please don't bother about he or she for a while).

I want to build a video library so huge with video series which is pertinent to the syllabus, which can be relied upon, which is lucid. But that requires delivering the best and the most relevant of the content.

I want to make it a profession. Making quality, relevant, free videos. I so badly want to keep teaching all my life. I love it. But it's not sustainable monetarily. At least I don't see it working for me right now.

So the dilemma is how can I stay afloat monetarily without having to charge students. Because the entire motivation is to work against The Coaching "INDUSTRY" (And I am not sure if Google Ads give you enough sustainable income).

Need some practical/innovative idea.

Please Do Help.

P.S. - I am sorry if I am sounding lame.

• edited January 2014
    Well, if you can cover all GS topics in the best way (after all the researches) and can help students to get conceptual clarity like you are already doing then people can afford to donate. Yes 'donate'. It won't be a payment but it would be a donation. You won't be selling your services but would be getting 'something' in order to sustain yourself.
    People will surely be willing to give some donation when they get such quality service. But then you need to enhance your quality like never before.
    So you won't be charging 'fees'. Win-win situation for both-students and the teacher.
    -
    If this doesn't sound great then I suggest you to charge some minimal fees. It may be against your agenda but people can and will pay fees in return of the quality video lectures.
    --
    Also, you will be covering a larger audience if you start lectures in English.
    --
    It would be difficult for you to continue this 'Being robinhood' without much monetary help for longer period of time given that you are stretching yourself beyond limit to pour quality into this videos. Trust me. Because after all we need to think in a practical manner too.
  • Hi @shkk , @sheen is write.... donation or minimal fee both are viable....n practical too m.
    First attempt in 2014 - couldn't clear prelims, second to be in 2018
    Optional - medical sciences
  • edited January 2014
    @sheen -

Thanks for replying buddy.

I have already started to make lectures in English. (I've asked a friend for voice over. Let's see.)

Donations can surely be considered but at a later stage.

I still have enough dough to go on for a month or two, so I am thinking not to bother about money at least till then :)

But can't just stop my mind from wandering to these "not so greener" pastures.

• i am sure if people can pour in lakhs to take coaching in delhi industry, they will be more than willing to donate for your sustenance. as long as you keep up the quality of your videos, i do not see any harm in supporting you monetarily. you may also fix some nominal lower limit for 'voluntary donation'. cheers!!!
  • edited January 2014
    @Shkk
    When are you going to publish Indian Economy (Ramesh Singh) videos?
    Am eager to watch them :-D
  • @sheen -couldn't work for the last couple of days.
    Trying to cover-up asap.
    And next in line is Economy. Expect the videos very very soon.

• Economy videos will be great. Also Can you please make videos on Indian Culture as many of us find it difficult to understand :)
  • @Anic21 -

Indian culture :-SS

• @Anic21 -

What does that mean ? :-?
  • @Shkk Awesome videos ^:)^
    I too want u to cover art & culture part as it is very boring but at the same time imp from both pre & mains point of view.
    n what abt Csat videos? are u working on them too?
  • @Anic21 -

What does that mean ? :-?
    That means @Shkk might not be as comfortable with broadcasting Indian culture videos.

• please upload videos on world history prior to I WW, economy lectures, post independent India.
  • Hi,
    My father's health was/is keeping me occupied.

Couldn't just be with the videos.

Apologies.
    Sincerely.

Will begin uploading asap.

• I am organising a Workshop on Civil Services tomorrow at 1PM in PU, Chandigarh.

Agenda is to finish the GS in 60 days for 2014.

You can inbox me to know more details.

Thanks.

• Sorry for the delay. My father's is just not in pinks of his health these days.

Well, I have made this video on Industrial Revolution.

It's compiled from all my notes and is to the point.

The video includes a few important keywords that I used very often.

And the ppt is descriptive. To note down the points.

Even non-Hindi students can benefit by noting down the points of the ppt.

Uploading it asap.

• Bhaiyon, seedha mere notes ke dil (hridye, heart) mein se...

Industrial Revolution.

• You can also subscribe my channel/page "Sleepy Classes" on youtube. All the best :)
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog