Current Affairs + Answer Writing Classes by ForumIAS

Admissions to the Revision Classes for Mains ( Current Affairs+ Answer Writing ) is now open at the Offline Center in New Delhi. Click here to know more and enroll.. Note : Rs. 1000 OFF for all MGP Students , valid till July 11. Email student@forumias.academy to request refund of Rs. 1000 or Visit our Offline Center at http://is.gd/ForumIAS

[Videos] General Studies on YouTube

edited January 2014 in Miscellaneous
Now I have begun with making videos on GS and posting them on Youtube.

It is a tribute to the revolution against the oppressive fees charged by the coaching institutes.

Do give feedback and do spread the word around. (Moderators can always make this thread as sticky).

And sorry if you find me getting a little bhaavuk in the videos :(

P.S. - This is an act of feeling "Being Robinhood" and is intensified by post-mains joblessness.

Moderator Note : Link to the channel is well warrented. Thanks for sharing.
SleepyClasses YouTube Channel :

You can also subscribe my channel/page "Sleepy Classes" on youtube. All the best :)
·

Comments

• Bhaiyon shri Ganesh with The American Revolution :)

You can also subscribe my channel/page "Sleepy Classes" on youtube. All the best :)
    ·

• @Shkk
    Great !!!
    Keep the great work going!
    You are a video legend. :-D
    Thank you.
    Regards.
    ·
  • @sheen -
    I am humbled :)

·
  • @Shkk : Super. Looking forward to more of these videos. Thank you.
    ·
  • @Shkk : Applaudable!!!

Would be great if you share the ppt ?
    Do it.
    ·
  • @deep_a -
    No problem sharing the ppt.
    How to do that?

·
  • @singha -
    French Revolution is on it's way :)

·
  • Sleepy classes.. I m already an subscriber of your channel.. I highly appreciate your work.. Thanks for all your aptitude videos..
    ·
  • Great Work I must say Robin Hood =D>

·
  • @Shkk ..you rock man \m/
    You wouldn't like me when i'm angry Because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources. |Philosophy|
    ·
  • edited January 2014
    @Shkk

im already a subscriber of ur channel...and ur an absolute legend... =D>
    keep it going...u have all my best wishes for u... :)
    Its ok to fail once but Dont Quit..else how will u taste the sweetness of the success that awaits you if you Quit !
    ·
  • edited January 2014
    @Shkk
    You have cleared the concept of American revolution. Thanks buddy.
    Hoping to get Economics GS (Prelims) lecture in next round. :-D
    ·
  • Doston it'll be reallllly kind of you if you guys can comment and like the videos there on YouTube.

It really helps future viewers in deciding whether to watch the video or not.

Can't really say thanks enough to all for the moral pump.

·
  • @Shkk

Garibon ke maseeha !!!

There you go .I violated a forum rule as a token of my appreciation of your work :-)

I'll make sure to comment on youtube too.I have already subscribed .
    The fault , dear Brutus, is not in our stars, / But in ourselves, that we are underlings .
    ·
  • @Shkk : Brilliant presentation skills. Brilliant content. Thanks.
    Prelims : 2/5; Mains : 0/2; Interview : 0; Remainder : 1+1 (Tired but not; Retired) / Medical Science / Kolkata / Nihilist extraordinaire | Thanks a lot...
    ·
  • @Shkk: I appreciate your efforts. Takes a selfless man to give notes like this. But my suggestion is please explain in english.
    Mujhe kuch problem nahi hai. Par agar sach mein Delhi ke coaching classes se bachana hai sabko, toh english mein ye videos banayen. Taaki har kissi ko kaam aayen! ;;)
    Everybody Lies
    ·
  • @Shkk
    I second @Heyram
    If videos are uploaded in English it will cover a large audience. Please do consider this suggestion.

Regards.
    ·
  • French Revolution. Important for 2014.

·
  • @Heyram @sheen -

Making videos in English is a great idea but for that I'll have to write detailed script every time. It'll make the process even slower. (It is still taking me an entire day to make and improve on one video).

I want to make as many videos as possible in these couple of months, before the life starts to have its toll.

·
  • edited January 2014
    @Shkk
    So in Hindi you don't need to write a detailed script every time?
    It is okay in Hindi too btw. :-)
    ·
  • In Hindi, the props in the ppt and the notes are enough to give detailed explanations.

And above all I am a teacher, toh fundae automatically nikal hi jaate hain :p

·
  • thanks so much for uploading these videos! This is my first post on this site! Keep up the good work guys!
    ·
  • edited January 2014
    Help/suggestions wanted

I want to make all the videos over night and see the shine on people's face. I mean it feels so awesome to see that gleam on a student's face after he's understood the concept well. (please don't bother about he or she for a while).

I want to build a video library so huge with video series which is pertinent to the syllabus, which can be relied upon, which is lucid. But that requires delivering the best and the most relevant of the content.

I want to make it a profession. Making quality, relevant, free videos. I so badly want to keep teaching all my life. I love it. But it's not sustainable monetarily. At least I don't see it working for me right now.

So the dilemma is how can I stay afloat monetarily without having to charge students. Because the entire motivation is to work against The Coaching "INDUSTRY" (And I am not sure if Google Ads give you enough sustainable income).

Need some practical/innovative idea.

Please Do Help.

P.S. - I am sorry if I am sounding lame.

·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog