10 Days to Mains: Don’t Be Intimidated. Be Inspired. By Anudeep Durishetty AIR 1 CSE 2017 CGP 2019 Admission Test | Details Writing a good Essay in UPSC Mains, Explained by Anudeep Durishetty
CSE 2019   Attend 3 sessions on preparing for CSE 2019 , right from the right preparation strategy, reading the newspaper, making notes to how to write good answers. Orientation session is open to all and mandatory for all CGP Students. Click here for details.
Current Affairs 2019   We are commencing with the second batch of Current Affairs + Answer Writing from 16th September. Attend the first class free on Sunday, 16th September at 11AM, New Delhi. Click here to know more and register. Click here for details.

CSE Mains '18 Ethics: Personal Egs, Anecdotes, Stories and hypothetical scenarios.

Hi In Order to Score 420+ in GS, Ethics is a Very Important Paper and often the most neglected one. The Objective behind this discussion is to pool our resources of eg and anecdotes for ethics so we can quote it. Also if others have some good examples and high powered words for other papers, Even that can be posted.

Comments

• edited August 16
    Start writing answers. With practice you can use little little things in your life to your great advantage in answers. You don’t have to write any “grand” examples or anecdotes. Without practice it is difficult to apply even great examples in relevant context. A teacher used to say, “students tend to write what they know and not what the question demands.” This happens due to lack of practice and more of mugging.

PS: Personal opinion. Please ignore if doesn’t help.
  • Fiat justitia ruat cælum - "Let justice be done though the heavens fall." Can be used in debates of religion vs law, consti vs belief etc
  • Fiat justitia ruat cælum - "Let justice be done though the heavens fall." Can be used in debates of religion vs law, consti vs belief etc

please explain the quote a bit.
    be a UPSC killer than a UPSC lover
  • Start writing answers. With practice you can use little little things in your life to your great advantage in answers. You don’t have to write any “grand” examples or anecdotes. Without practice it is difficult to apply even great examples in relevant context. A teacher used to say, “students tend to write what they know and not what the question demands.” This happens due to lack of practice and more of mugging.

PS: Personal opinion. Please ignore if doesn’t help.

i guess that teacher is manocha sir.right?
  • please provide Atul gard ethics videos?
  • Hi I ll give an example - Thailand cave example a very simple example, can be written in advantages in social media, Compassion and a lot of other places... When u interact, ur thought process develop.

Interaction and discussion are the best tools to learn more and learn fast

I may be a novice, and I am always ready for suggestions.
  • Deutee chand- Motivation,inspiration,Never say die attitude, perseverance
    Suicide of IPS Kanpur rural-Happiness and achievement not always related.Beed of imparting EI among civil servants.

121/124 trainee IPS failed in training exam-Lack of motivation after clearing exam.Clearing civil service exam is seen as an end in itself.

Please continue this thread it would be of immense helpful for everyone
  • mahi2501 said:

Deutee chand- Motivation,inspiration,Never say die attitude, perseverance
    Suicide of IPS Kanpur rural-Happiness and achievement not always related.Beed of imparting EI among civil servants.

121/124 trainee IPS failed in training exam-Lack of motivation after clearing exam.Clearing civil service exam is seen as an end in itself.

Please continue this thread it would be of immense helpful for everyone

Very apt, thanks
  • Bandicoot- an equipment to end manual scavenging. An initiative of COMPASSIONATE youngsters.
    Appeared in CSE 2017 Interview.
  • I Am consolidating examples under various headings. Will click pic and post here as soon as possible.
  • diplomato said:

I Am consolidating examples under various headings. Will click pic and post here as soon as possible.

diplomato said:

I Am consolidating examples under various headings. Will click pic and post here as soon as possible.

Would be very grateful ..I too have done the same..will be posting here in a day or two

• 15369187533702010871608647649412.jpg
    3000 x 4000 - 4M
    15369188225595501129294586396176.jpg
    3000 x 4000 - 3M
  • I’ll post it before 20th for sure.
  • I ll post some too... In case someone needs It urgently can inbox
  • kindly post list of examples @Akash114 and @diplomato .. as time is running out.

• We can use the same example in different context based on the question. A little customisation as per the demand of questions will suffice. The key in ethics is simplicity..
    E8984EAB-7842-4F55-895E-62ABF6F3E364.jpeg
    2448 x 3264 - 2M
    65245428-1321-4133-9685-CFCB00502960.jpeg
    2448 x 3264 - 2M
    435EA04A-0B37-48A2-9D7F-D6D49E36B235.jpeg
    2448 x 3264 - 2M
    159AD023-EEE2-4C97-9F44-1567AB4D7EE9.jpeg
    2448 x 3264 - 2M
  • If someone has anecdotes for essay. Kindly share.. best of luck for the exams.
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog