How to Conquer GS in UPSC Mains, Explained By Anudeep Durishetty AIR 1 CSE 2017 Writing a good Essay in UPSC Mains, Explained by Anudeep Durishetty Answer Writing Focus Group for Mains 2018 – Details DOWNLOAD: UPSC Prelims 2018 GS Paper I UPDATE : Answer Writing Group ( Offline | New Delhi ) Registrations Are Now Open!
27 JULY | 200+ Issues for Mains 2018 ForumIAS is conducting classes for Current Affairs Mains. Cover upto 200+ Issues important for Mains , with specific focus on holistic coverage and content differentiation. Attend the first session ( Open to All ) at 11AM, on Friday July 27 at ForumIAS Offline Center, New Delhi.
CLICK HERE to read more and register for the First Open Class

Should I join private job back. Please share your views and experiences

I left my job in Sep 2016 and I have failed in 2017 and 2018 pre on margins. I earlier gave 2016 attempt without preparations. I have 1.3 years of work-ex. I am dilemma whether I should look back to join job or continue preparation. Honestly I have not been able to study after prelims.

Comments

• I left my job in Sep 2016 and I have failed in 2017 and 2018 pre on margins. I earlier gave 2016 attempt without preparations. I have 1.3 years of work-ex. I am dilemma whether I should look back to join job or continue preparation. Honestly I have not been able to study after prelims.

Join back , but continue the preparation ! ATB
  • I left my job in Sep 2016 and I have failed in 2017 and 2018 pre on margins. I earlier gave 2016 attempt without preparations. I have 1.3 years of work-ex. I am dilemma whether I should look back to join job or continue preparation. Honestly I have not been able to study after prelims.

What was the margin by which you couldn't clear Prelims?
    Given that you are not able to prepare now, I recommend you to join private job back and if you still want to attempt the exam prepare while doing your job.
    Googler!
  • azadazzu said:

I left my job in Sep 2016 and I have failed in 2017 and 2018 pre on margins. I earlier gave 2016 attempt without preparations. I have 1.3 years of work-ex. I am dilemma whether I should look back to join job or continue preparation. Honestly I have not been able to study after prelims.

What was the margin by which you couldn't clear Prelims?
    Given that you are not able to prepare now, I recommend you to join private job back and if you still want to attempt the exam prepare while doing your job.
    Thanks. 92 marks in 2018.
  • @Bharath. You could go for an opportunity where you can balance your job along with preparations. If you could share your resume, we at YourPhysio are hiring people across verticals. Drop your resume at careers@your-physio.in and we can get in touch
  • Why u want to join private sector?Are u willing to give upsc attempts in near future?You can also secure your carrer by giving SSC-CGl or bank po/similar exams.
  • ias007 said:

Why u want to join private sector?Are u willing to give upsc attempts in near future?You can also secure your carrer by giving SSC-CGl or bank po/similar exams.

I wish to give attempts with full dedication. I wish to join so as to secure myself financially and break the stagnation that has come after sitting at home for 2 years. I do not wish to work in banks and competition in ssc is at all time high!
  • Bhai job mein rah kar toh aap full dedication se Preparation kar nahi paaoge.. Aur Ye baat aap bhi jaante ho achhe se

If you have masters give the NET exam and try to get JRF, in Ph.D you get more time compared to private job, and they are not snobbish about year gaps also. Con is that stipend you get on whims and fancy of UGC which is an epic LOL organization.

If you have prepared for the exam diligently, trust me your ego will not be able to handle the private sector.

Meanwhile give bank exams and SSC till age permits, I know competition is cut throat, but that is the best bet you have. The results for bank(IBPS) are declared in April 2019, joining then commences from May to October, you can extend joining and squeeze another attempt and later take leaves or give other exams and hop jobs.Agar SSC clear kar liya to joining mast 2 saal ke baad which gives you more time to attempt the exam.

Rationally think whether working in private sector with uncertainty about job security will you be able to manage preparation which UPSC demands. i would suggest get out of the present state and prepare for competitive exams side by side. Rest all the best.
  • Do take up a job. I too left job in 2016 for full time preparation.
    Don't ever fall in the trap of dedicated preparation and sit idle at home. Real preparation happens during first attempt itself and whatever we do after that is marginal only. Moreover sitting idle will slow down your senses and numb you down.
    Whereas taking a job will be refreshing. Plus this exam is such that the outcome is never proportional to amount of time invested(or else all top tankers should be 4,5,6 attempt guys).
    Its very random and luck has crucial role in all phases.
    Now that you have spend sufficient time on this exam.. All u need to do is keep urself updated with regular current affairs and revise static part 2-3 months before exam, hoping luck will favor you.

Ps: just my opinion, others may have completely different view

Best Wishes
    Don't ever fall in the trap of dedicated preparation and sit idle at home. Real preparation happens during first attempt itself and whatever we do after that is marginal only. Moreover sitting idle will slow down your senses and numb you down.
    Whereas taking a job will be refreshing. Plus this exam is such that the outcome is never proportional to amount of time invested(or else all top tankers should be 4,5,6 attempt guys).
    Now that you have spend sufficient time on this exam.. All u need to do is keep urself updated with regular current affairs and revise static part 2-3 months before exam, hoping luck will favor you.

Best Wishes

+1
    Part of being a winner is knowing when enough is enough. Sometimes you have to give up the fight and walk away, and move on to something that's more productive.

• jJoin back the job. without the job mind will be unstable. for gods sake u can very well prepare with a job no qualms whatsoever.
  • Bhai job mein rah kar toh aap full dedication se Preparation kar nahi paaoge.. Aur Ye baat aap bhi jaante ho achhe se

Ivan bhai .. aap btaeye apne experience se ki kya sahi hai aapke hisab se?

Best Wishes

Thanks yaar. I completely agree, that taking up job will be refreshing but somewhere it gives me feeling that I am about to abandon my preparation which I do not wish to and I am not able to even study in the present state due to self woven doubts,stagnation etc.

Best Wishes

Thanks yaar. I completely agree, that taking up job will be refreshing but somewhere it gives me feeling that I am about to abandon my preparation which I do not wish to and I am not able to even study in the present state due to self woven doubts,stagnation etc.
    Take a job!
    Part of being a winner is knowing when enough is enough. Sometimes you have to give up the fight and walk away, and move on to something that's more productive.

• edited August 10

Do take up a job. I too left job in 2016 for full time preparation.

Best Wishes

I totally agree with you. I ve been through similar dilemma. So I can understand how our mind works. I can only say one thing, whatever decision you take.. You have to stick to it. Next year prelims is long time to come. If you are full time preparing.. You got to be mentally really strong because there will be phases where this entire preparation seems a big joke to you, adding little value intellectually( unless you have a challenging optional).. It's how you overcome those that matters.. At the same time if you take up a job, there are other things which you yourself knew..

Anyways mate, whatever you do... May the force be with you.. All the very best
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://academy.forumias.com

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog