How to Conquer GS in UPSC Mains, Explained By Anudeep Durishetty AIR 1 CSE 2017 Writing a good Essay in UPSC Mains, Explained by Anudeep Durishetty Answer Writing Focus Group for Mains 2018 – Details DOWNLOAD: UPSC Prelims 2018 GS Paper I UPDATE : Answer Writing Group ( Offline | New Delhi ) Registrations Are Now Open!
27 JULY | 200+ Issues for Mains 2018 ForumIAS is conducting classes for Current Affairs Mains. Cover upto 200+ Issues important for Mains , with specific focus on holistic coverage and content differentiation. Attend the first session ( Open to All ) at 11AM, on Friday July 27 at ForumIAS Offline Center, New Delhi.
CLICK HERE to read more and register for the First Open Class

Official : DAF civil services mains 2018 - Single thread for query, Cadre and service preference

DAF is available now. :)
Keep your face to the sunshine, you will never see the shadow.

Comments

• Tell me some safe hobbies fellas
  • But form is not available yet ...can anyone tell me , when the form will be available??
    i can and i will
  • :p found
    i can and i will
  • Does early registration make a difference for Centre allocation?

• edited July 23
    1. I made a prototype of a driver drowsiness detector, for which I got a YouTube video, model got recognized in TIIC(Texas Instruments India Analog design contest) IADC, can I add it to DAF? Can I add Regional Maths Olympiad scholar to DAF? I have a few publications to my name IEEE ones and Elsevier, can it be added to DAF?

2. Regarding hobbies, I take active interest in blockchain, and I ranked 9th in the first round (10,000+ gave it) of techgig jio sponsored blockchain hackathon. Project diya tha on making a lending platform that will allow decentralized lending.. Which I failed to complete given prelims. Should I add it?

3. I do take active interest in football, can I add it there?
    X
  • 1. I made a prototype of a driver drowsiness detector, for which I got a YouTube video, model got recognized in TIIC IADC, can I add it to DAF? Can I add Regional Maths Olympiad scholar to DAF? I have a few publications to my name IEEE ones and Elsevier, can it be added to DAF?

2. Regarding hobbies, I take active interest in blockchain, and I ranked 9th in the first round (10,000+ gave it) of techgig jio sponsored blockchain hackathon. Project diya tha on making a lending platform that will allow decentralized lending.. Which I failed to complete given prelims. Should I add it?

Of course..
    You have many bright things to mention in DAF.

• Father is retired but derives income from mutual funds, do we mention that?
  • 1. I made a prototype of a driver drowsiness detector, for which I got a YouTube video, model got recognized in TIIC(Texas Instruments India Analog design contest) IADC, can I add it to DAF? Can I add Regional Maths Olympiad scholar to DAF? I have a few publications to my name IEEE ones and Elsevier, can it be added to DAF?

Yes to everything, but make sure that you prepare thoroughly for the above mentioned things.

From basic electronics to mental math skills...anything can be tested.
  • pizzza said:

1. I made a prototype of a driver drowsiness detector, for which I got a YouTube video, model got recognized in TIIC(Texas Instruments India Analog design contest) IADC, can I add it to DAF? Can I add Regional Maths Olympiad scholar to DAF? I have a few publications to my name IEEE ones and Elsevier, can it be added to DAF?

Yes to everything, but make sure that you prepare thoroughly for the above mentioned things.

Bhai, tu to bohot din baad aya. Kya hulchul?
    X
  • pizzza said:

Bas mains ki tayari yaar.. :mrgreen:
  • pizzza said:

pizzza said:

Bas mains ki tayari yaar.. :mrgreen:
    Achaaaa.. :mrgreen:
  • edited July 23
    Attempt # 4 | 1st attempt with PSIR optional | Previous attempts with statistics optional | RBI Grade B Officer
  • edited July 23

You can add anything you want. Literally anything.

But the board is mostly not going to be impressed. They've seen and done it all. However, every single word you mention will open you up to a lot of areas and possible questions which you need to be able to defend.

Therefore, if you are sincerely interested in these areas and can engage in meaningful conversation involving these areas then by all means do include them.

I included a lot of achievements last year because I was naive and i wanted to impress the board with my profile. In the end I had to prepare 5 times more content and had a horrendous time preparing for the interview.

This time I'm just going to lay low and not reveal anything. Simple daf and chill.
    Leaving forum for now. All the best to everyone!

Rank 267 - CSE 2017.
  • 1. I made a prototype of a driver drowsiness detector, for which I got a YouTube video, model got recognized in TIIC(Texas Instruments India Analog design contest) IADC, can I add it to DAF? Can I add Regional Maths Olympiad scholar to DAF? I have a few publications to my name IEEE ones and Elsevier, can it be added to DAF?

But the board is mostly not going to be impressed. They've seen and done it all. However, every single word you mention will open you up to a lot of areas and possible questions which you need to be able to defend.

Therefore, if you are sincerely interested in these areas and can engage in meaningful conversation involving these areas then by all means do include them.

I included a lot of achievements last year because I was naive and i wanted to impress the board with my profile. In the end I had to prepare 5 times more content and had a horrendous time preparing for the interview.

This time I'm just going to lay low and not reveal anything. Simple daf and chill.
    +1, seen a lot of seniors telling this.
  • docdoc
    edited July 23
    all i need is You Lord
  • pizzza said:

+1, seen a lot of seniors telling this.
    Then I will exclude the blockchain part, sincerely I want them to engage in this driver drowsiness thing.

If there was anything meaningful I did in my college days it was those publications. Sincerely would love to engage in a discussion on those rather than, why do you think your state did not allow for smart cities or why Lynching, given i have a bit of ideological bias.
    And given the overt right wing bias that is considered normal nowadays, I don't think that will bode well
    X
  • Anybody facing this prob of DAF documents not being uploaded?? It goes to 100% and then says no file chosen! Really pissing me off this weird error
    Meliorism: the belief that the world can be changed for the better by human action
  • Isbaar Aadhaar Card bhi dena hai :# :#
    #Mad_for_my_dream

The day it will come true, it will lead to the beginning of a new journey.
  • Anybody facing this prob of DAF documents not being uploaded?? It goes to 100% and then says no file chosen! Really pissing me off this weird error

First day pe kabhi mat bharo daf. Kuch to technical issue rehta hi hai most of the times site pe.
    Musafir hu yaaron... na ghar hai na thikana... mujhe chalate jana hai, bas chalate hi jana hai.........
  • Ips_Dream said:

Isbaar Aadhaar Card bhi dena hai :# :#

Exam centre pe biometric authentication karane ka plan hoga :p
    Musafir hu yaaron... na ghar hai na thikana... mujhe chalate jana hai, bas chalate hi jana hai.........
  • Ips_Dream said:

Isbaar Aadhaar Card bhi dena hai :# :#

Any id will do..
  • Past employment in Canara Bank kaha dena hain?
    X
  • I completed my graduation in june,2017 and I have provisional degree.Can I upload it as the proof of graduation.
  • Visphotak said:

I completed my graduation in june,2017 and I have provisional degree.Can I upload it as the proof of graduation.

Haanji. Yes.
  • Anybody facing Preview issue? I can't view Preview of DAF wondering whether I should Final Submit as it is...
    Screenshot_20180723-231314~2.png
    1261 x 907 - 56K
    Meliorism: the belief that the world can be changed for the better by human action
  • I graduated in 2015.My degree would have come by now but I have not collected it yet.can i scan my marksheet or should collect degree first(dont know if i would get it so early)?
    Also anybody please throw light on scanning documents.cafe wallah in my area seems so novice.
    @pizzza
  • Guys, I think its oft repeated. BUT please read @crazyphoton 's blog for how to fill the DAF. I think nothing beats it.
    You know what they say
  • Vivaan said:

I graduated in 2015.My degree would have come by now but I have not collected it yet.can i scan my marksheet or should collect degree first(dont know if i would get it so early)?
    Also anybody please throw light on scanning documents.cafe wallah in my area seems so novice.
    @pizzza

Provisional degree certificate can be sent now.
    You can collect the original degree certificate after the mains exam and submit it during the interview.

I'm not sure about scanning marksheets of the semesters and sending it. Best would be to call up UPSC and clarify the doubt.

And don't worry, it's not a big issue. UPSC is lenient in such matters. Just call them up and do as per their advice.
  • pizzza said:

Vivaan said:

I graduated in 2015.My degree would have come by now but I have not collected it yet.can i scan my marksheet or should collect degree first(dont know if i would get it so early)?
    @pizzza

Provisional degree certificate can be sent now.
    You can collect the original degree certificate after the mains exam and submit it during the interview.

I'm not sure about scanning marksheets of the semesters and sending it. Best would be to call up UPSC and clarify the doubt.

And don't worry, it's not a big issue. UPSC is lenient in such matters. Just call them up and do as per their advice.
    Ok.thank you brother
  • guys...I am working in a govt company..now acc to instructions, i need to file an undertaking for having informed the dept in charge that i am appearing for mains...it nowhere mentions to get NOC and upload it....

is there someone facing the same dilemma....sirf undertaking dene se ho jaega na...no need to upload the proof of having informed them in writing??

plz help
    Truthteller is Maitreya!!
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://academy.forumias.com

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog