How to Conquer GS in UPSC Mains, Explained By Anudeep Durishetty AIR 1 CSE 2017 Writing a good Essay in UPSC Mains, Explained by Anudeep Durishetty Answer Writing Focus Group for Mains 2018 – Details DOWNLOAD: UPSC Prelims 2018 GS Paper I UPDATE : Answer Writing Group ( Offline | New Delhi ) Registrations Are Now Open!
27 JULY | 200+ Issues for Mains 2018 ForumIAS is conducting classes for Current Affairs Mains. Cover upto 200+ Issues important for Mains , with specific focus on holistic coverage and content differentiation. Attend the first session ( Open to All ) at 11AM, on Friday July 27 at ForumIAS Offline Center, New Delhi.
CLICK HERE to read more and register for the First Open Class

current affairs offline classes @forumias

hi
I would like to know more about the current affairs offline classes at forumias starting from 21st July, 2018.
If anyone here has taken it please share your reviews.
thankyou!

Comments

• Someone please answer this !
  • edited July 18
    If you are writing mains this year, then I feel that it is the only best option available. I have attended the class last year and one of my friend is attending it this year and we both have the same view.
    I am not among these vibrant group of youth that constitutes the common mass today. I am among those intellect group of youth who will lead the nation tomorrow.
  • madeye said:

If you are writing mains this year, then I feel that it is the only best option available. I have attended the class last year and one of my friend is attending it this year and we both have the same view.

Nope I am looking for CSE 2019. Do you recommend taking it?
  • madeye said:

Nope I am looking for CSE 2019. Do you recommend taking it?
    Yes, you may join it.
    I am not among these vibrant group of youth that constitutes the common mass today. I am among those intellect group of youth who will lead the nation tomorrow.
  • Sir is great. He methodology and style is very good and helps you to internalize things. But the issue is with management. Classes are frequently cancelled. And so you can't rely on the classes entirely.
    इस पार प्रिय मधु है तुम हो,
    उस पार ना जाने क्या होगा ।।
  • Sir is great. He methodology and style is very good and helps you to internalize things. But the issue is with management. Classes are frequently cancelled. And so you can't rely on the classes entirely.

Thanks for your insights!
  • hi
    I would like to know more about the current affairs offline classes at forumias starting from 21st July, 2018.
    thankyou!

Bhai, if you are preparing for 2019, close your eyes and do two things

Dipin sir current affairs class and SFG program of prelims by ForumIAS. It is a must, I am telling you. It was my third attempt, and I could not have cleared prelims if it was not for these two.

For SFG, move to Delhi bro, it is big answer to prelims failure. 2019 is first attempt ?

Yes this is true . But thing is Sir anyway takes contiguous classes in the end before Prelims and Mains to cover the full syllabus. So class cancelled doesn’t mean topic not covered. It is covered eventually.

Also do take one class at least , you will know how to study current affairs .

Last to last week at Center Pratham sir was there who got Rank 5. I asked him personally if he was actually forum student , he said he was old student if Dipin sir and joined forum because of Dipin sir. Also he said he only did class notes of Dipin sir as primary material and for side note he referred to vision magazine.

Also he didn’t do any MGP or Vision test series. He just did answer writing practice in Dipin sir class.

Yes this is true . But thing is Sir anyway takes contiguous classes in the end before Prelims and Mains to cover the full syllabus. So class cancelled doesn’t mean topic not covered. It is covered eventually.

Last to last week at Center Pratham sir was there who got Rank 5. I asked him personally if he was actually forum student , he said he was old student if Dipin sir and joined forum because of Dipin sir. Also he said he only did class notes of Dipin sir as primary material and for side note he referred to vision magazine.

Also he didn’t do any MGP or Vision test series. He just did answer writing practice in Dipin sir class.
    Pratham kaushik test booklet is uploaded by vision ias!
  • hi
    thankyou!

Bhai, if you are preparing for 2019, close your eyes and do two things

Dipin sir current affairs class and SFG program of prelims by ForumIAS. It is a must, I am telling you. It was my third attempt, and I could not have cleared prelims if it was not for these two.

For SFG, move to Delhi bro, it is big answer to prelims failure. 2019 is first attempt ?
    Well I am in Delhi. And 2019 will be my first attempt. What is SFG ? And if I take the current affairs classes ,will it not serve the purpose for both prelims and mains?
  • dpagarwal said:

Sir is great. He methodology and style is very good and helps you to internalize things. But the issue is with management. Classes are frequently cancelled. And so you can't rely on the classes entirely.

Bhai, he said he only was able to write 1-2 tests because it was his first Mains.

Passed on what Sir said. I think test Series is over hyped.
  • dpagarwal said:

Sir is great. He methodology and style is very good and helps you to internalize things. But the issue is with management. Classes are frequently cancelled. And so you can't rely on the classes entirely.

Bhai, he said he only was able to write 1-2 tests because it was his first Mains.

+1.....once you know how to structure... Rest is content and some creativity
    You wouldn't like me when i'm angry Because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources. |Philosophy|
  • thehulk said:

dpagarwal said:

+1.....once you know how to structure... Rest is content and some creativity
    true
  • Very unprofessional behaviour by Forum.
    Now they have shifted the dates of current affairs classes to 4th aug. Till now it was starting from 21st July.
    What was the point of postponing at the last moment. Did they want to just get hold of the candidates so that they don't go somewhere else.
  • Very unprofessional behaviour by Forum.
    Now they have shifted the dates of current affairs classes to 4th aug. Till now it was starting from 21st July.
    What was the point of postponing at the last moment. Did they want to just get hold of the candidates so that they don't go somewhere else.

Extremely sorry for this. We are unable to commence it for 2019 Students from July 21 as stated earlier because of non-availability of classroom.

The Course will commence from August 4, 5PM to 8 PM, every Saturday and Sunday. Also, we have made the first 3 classes free and open to all so that you can come and find out for yourself if the classes suit you.

Lastly, we are not allowed to answer or entertain Academy related queries in threads, as per rules.
  • ForumIAS said:

Very unprofessional behaviour by Forum.

Extremely sorry for this. We are unable to commence it for 2019 Students from July 21 as stated earlier because of non-availability of classroom.

The Course will commence from August 4, 5PM to 8 PM, every Saturday and Sunday. Also, we have made the first 3 classes free and open to all so that you can come and find out for yourself if the classes suit you.

Lastly, we are not allowed to answer or entertain Academy related queries in threads, as per rules.
    With all due respect I have already enrolled for the course today .
    What do I do now? Will I be given my money back if it is "for us to decide whether we like the classes or not".
  • ForumIAS said:

Very unprofessional behaviour by Forum.

With all due respect I have already enrolled for the course today .
    What do I do now? Will I be given my money back if it is "for us to decide whether we like the classes or not".
    I enrolled for mains 2018 current affairs course in advance. Later I realized that it's difficult for me to clear the pre this year. So before the current affairs course began, I requested them to allow me to change the course to mgp 2019. Wrote them multiple times but they didn't reply my emails for change of course. If you raise any other query regarding joining of new course then you will receive the reply within few hours.
    They aren't even allowing me to change the course and here you are expecting for refund. :D :p
    Musafir hu yaaron... na ghar hai na thikana... mujhe chalate jana hai, bas chalate hi jana hai.........
  • Before getting enrolled I did ask for trial classes. The lady there on the reception told no first you take admission then only you will be able to take the classes. So I did.
    But now at the last moment you shift the classes and tell that first three classes are free of cost and then it's upto you to decide whether to join or not. Why was I not informed the same yesterday even after asking from the staffs In you office. Now what do I do?
    What if I don't like the classes. Will I be paid my money back?
    @ForumIAS
  • Hello,
    UGC NET Exam is basically a very good option to make career in the lectureship and research as the NET Exam is mainly conducted in the month of June and December. If we talk about the importance of NET Exam than it provides a very good option for the Students those have completed the masters and are waiting to explore their career. If you have dilemma to do research work or want to give guidance to the students from the Commerce, Arts and Humanities field than you can make career in the lectureship and research
    The net Exam is held in two phases UGC NET Paper 1 and Paper 2
    UGC NET Paper 1 is conducted n the Aptitude and Reasoning section while the UGC NET Paper 1 is conducted in the Subject you have completed masters in.
    The Syllabus of UGC NET Paper 1 is as follows –
    • Communication Sections
    • General Intelligence and Reasoning
    • General Knowledge Section
    • Logical Methodology and Concepts
    • Reading Comprehension
    • Teaching Aptitude
    • Research Aptitude
    • Data Interpretation
    • Questions from the Higher Education in India Section
    • Mathematical Aptitude
    • People and Environment.

• Any good essay test series apart from visionias
  • How much they are asking for 200+ issues curnt class...nowhere it is mentioned.. .anybody!!!
  • edited July 21
    Ok
  • Before getting enrolled I did ask for trial classes. The lady there on the reception told no first you take admission then only you will be able to take the classes. So I did.
    But now at the last moment you shift the classes and tell that first three classes are free of cost and then it's upto you to decide whether to join or not. Why was I not informed the same yesterday even after asking from the staffs In you office. Now what do I do?
    @ForumIAS

Don't worry. The classes are worth it at least from mains perspective. Prelims nobody can guarantee due to wide scope. Still from the feedback I got, the content coverage is good enough.
    Musafir hu yaaron... na ghar hai na thikana... mujhe chalate jana hai, bas chalate hi jana hai.........
  • raj87 said:

How much they are asking for 200+ issues curnt class...nowhere it is mentioned.. .anybody!!!

Might be around 15k.
  • Is it beneficial to join now or after prelims...
    You wouldn't like me when i'm angry Because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources. |Philosophy|
    @ForumIAS

Don't worry. The classes are worth it at least from mains perspective. Prelims nobody can guarantee due to wide scope. Still from the feedback I got, the content coverage is good enough.
    Thankyou. I am looking forward to it!

Well they have replied me and resolved my issues. Thanks @ForumIAS
  • Hey is anyone interested in buying forumias test series E and E+ all full tests along with current affairs classes. I couldn't clear this time and not in position to spend this much on test series. Mail me at publicpolicy1516@gmail.com
    Puyol
  • hi
    thankyou!

well they r good ...depth of coverage is also good n so is sirs teaching methodology...main thing is will help u to maintain consistency in prep with regard to current affairs...
  • rct said:

hi
    thankyou!

well they r good ...depth of coverage is also good n so is sirs teaching methodology...main thing is will help u to maintain consistency in prep with regard to current affairs...
    Thanks!
  • What is SFG course by ForumIas ?
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://academy.forumias.com

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog