How to Conquer GS in UPSC Mains, Explained By Anudeep Durishetty AIR 1 CSE 2017 Writing a good Essay in UPSC Mains, Explained by Anudeep Durishetty Answer Writing Focus Group for Mains 2018 – Details DOWNLOAD: UPSC Prelims 2018 GS Paper I UPDATE : Answer Writing Group ( Offline | New Delhi ) Registrations Are Now Open!
27 JULY | 200+ Issues for Mains 2018 ForumIAS is conducting classes for Current Affairs Mains. Cover upto 200+ Issues important for Mains , with specific focus on holistic coverage and content differentiation. Attend the first session ( Open to All ) at 11AM, on Friday July 27 at ForumIAS Offline Center, New Delhi.
CLICK HERE to read more and register for the First Open Class
Current Affairs ( Pre + Mains ) 2019 | 4 Aug | Attend First 3 Classes Free ForumIAS Weekly Current Affairs Classes commence from Saturday, 4 August, 5AM, at ForumIAS Offline Center, New Delhi.We invite you to attend the first three classes free
CLICK HERE to register for attending the classes on August 4, 5 and 11.

Lost wanderer

Let me distract you for a moment and tell you my life story.I enjoyed this forum and i have grown so much that each post has something to learn and here i need you assistance,support and blessing than anyone else.I cant control my tear while writing this paragraph and i have nobody to share my pain and melancholy. I am X belonging from Odisha,passed out from a good engineering college in 2010 and there after i served 2 years in TCS .In 2012 ,i left my job and shifted to delhi and that year i made up to interview stage but couldn't make it to the final list just by 11 marks and that year i lost my father.In 2013 i gathered all of my courage and again reached to interview stage but couldn't make it.That year the same tragedy happened to me,i lost my mother in heart attack. In 2014 and 2015,i couldn't clear prelims .This year i lost my only sister in an accident near Nashik,who was serving in Pune.Again i appeared in the exam in 2017 ,reached up to interview stage and couldn't clear.2018 was my last attempt and i know i will not qualify the prelims.I have reached to a certain stage,where i don't have a family.I am living a life of no hope at all and the rejection,pain is hovering around right,left,centre everywhere.I tried everything.Slowly i am understanding the life and it is dragging me to nowhere.I don't know what i got and what i lost....

Comments

• I want to give you a tight hug .Rest I don't know what to say .
    "Mitti jaise sapne kitna bhi jhado palko mai fir aajate hain"
  • Bhai you r legend.
    I think u'll do gud in life, don't lose hope.
    Try for state psc.
    One of my friend cleared Odisha psc with rank 7.
    I think u can easily clear it with rank 1.
    ATB.
  • Bro u r very strong person,I salute u...don't loose hope..I hope something good will happen soon...rest I m with u whenever needed though u r urself very valiant..
    Mains 2013,14,15,16,17..Interview-13,17...Sociology lover...303 marks..Game over
  • adopt a dog,
    go out and teach somewhere/do some social work. May be engage with some NGO.

no inspiring quote
  • From a movie called "John wick", always have something to love (like dog), and something to fight for. Don't give up. Start a small business or do small job. UPSC is not everything.
  • MAOISM1 said:

Let me distract you for a moment and tell you my life story.I enjoyed this forum and i have grown so much that each post has something to learn and here i need you assistance,support and blessing than anyone else.I cant control my tear while writing this paragraph and i have nobody to share my pain and melancholy. I am X belonging from Odisha,passed out from a good engineering college in 2010 and there after i served 2 years in TCS .In 2012 ,i left my job and shifted to delhi and that year i made up to interview stage but couldn't make it to the final list just by 11 marks and that year i lost my father.In 2013 i gathered all of my courage and again reached to interview stage but couldn't make it.That year the same tragedy happened to me,i lost my mother in heart attack. In 2014 and 2015,i couldn't clear prelims .This year i lost my only sister in an accident near Nashik,who was serving in Pune.Again i appeared in the exam in 2017 ,reached up to interview stage and couldn't clear.2018 was my last attempt and i know i will not qualify the prelims.I have reached to a certain stage,where i don't have a family.I am living a life of no hope at all and the rejection,pain is hovering around right,left,centre everywhere.I tried everything.Slowly i am understanding the life and it is dragging me to nowhere.I don't know what i got and what i lost....

Get married !

• <3 u bro..we all love u..but d world doesnot know u..let d world know u..u can do smething big..vry big..think how can u achieve it..its not just about living..ask urself how many people of our previous generations hav sacrificed their lives to make our lives better in every aspect s&t, arts, literature, politics etc..now its our duty to do d samething for our nxt generations..just dnt loose hope..a person like u deserves d best and u'll get it for sure..i know..ATB bro <3
    T ↑ [0→1] = T ↓ [1→infinity]
  • I also lost my parents and sister and 2019 is my last attempt
    Every night I sleep with the hope that everything will be alright
    Many times I see nothing but darkness
    In those times I say to myself (and to you also)
    Keep breathing & keep moving
  • can you join work back in any company like TCS or any other?

• MAOISM1 said:

i too hav gone thru agony of losing a family member n can understand the pain...u are very brave as even taking this exam despite such adversities is itself a big thing,,i know koi kitna bhi motivate kare but that emptiness in the heart makes it tough to move on in life..i was deeply saddened after reading ur post.
    dont isolate urself from the world in such situation, frnds se contact me rahiye n yes having a pet is really helpful, (personal experience), their innocence n love helps in coping with depression.
    stay strong bro...i really wish u soon find success n happiness in life.
    :)
  • wave said:

MAOISM1 said:

i too hav gone thru agony of losing a family member n can understand the pain...u are very brave as even taking this exam despite such adversities is itself a big thing,,i know koi kitna bhi motivate kare but that emptiness in the heart makes it tough to move on in life..i was deeply saddened after reading ur post.
    dont isolate urself from the world in such situation, frnds se contact me rahiye n yes having a pet is really helpful, (personal experience), their innocence n love helps in coping with depression.
    +1
    kouta said:

can you join work back in any company like TCS or any other?

Hey bro. Long time no see. :)
    Previous id @Detective_Conan.

Shamelessly Arrogant!
  • @Jack_Sparrow001 .i tried my destiny in OPSC,2016.Despite of getting good mark in both optionals(even the interviewers came to know about my situation),i was awarded only 65mark in interview.They didn't ask me anything and the interview was hardly 2/3minutes.I am speechless now.
  • MAOISM1 said:

Bro always remember one thing entire thing in this world is revolving on the premise of HOPE, never loose it at all..... Be hopeful and keep faith in GOD... being an IAS is a dream of everyone and every Indian is seeing this dream since Independence but only few have made it to the pdf... Some did well and got renowned for the services they did for the society some had to spent their life in jail and left their family with miseries.

Moot point is why to become an IAS officer, one, because one really wants to do something for society, two, to raise the stature of the family as one's fathers generation has faced a lot of trouble, third, because of unemployment. Fourth, to showoff friends and gf make a point that's it.

Above cases includes majority of the population, but, question remains will all problems be resolved if you join service. Won't we get trouble in the field job.

Grass always looks green on the other side my friend, people in lower bureaucracy are always tough to handle and your bosses tough to convince... You won't be able to wear your heart on sleeves.... You can be screwed day in day out in this service and may be in others too...

But one thing always stands true... Bureaucracy will run not because of you but inspite of you...

And there can never be any consolation for the lost of loved ones.... You have sacrificed you're life too much... Take a deep breathe and make a new life....

Your loved ones will be with you and bless you always....

All the very best bro... Cheers
    6th attempt.
  • Wow, life has thrown everything at you, yet you are still hanging on. I wish could give you a hug.

Only the strongest of characters have the ability to deal with what you are going through now.
    Stay strong and I am sure you will have a beautiful life. You will be successful wherever you are :)

Googler!
  • MAOISM1 said:

@Jack_Sparrow001 .i tried my destiny in OPSC,2016.Despite of getting good mark in both optionals(even the interviewers came to know about my situation),i was awarded only 65mark in interview.They didn't ask me anything and the interview was hardly 2/3minutes.I am speechless now.

Happens bro. That's luck for you. Try again. You never know what destiny has in store for you.

This year AIR 1 missed his last Mains cut off by 100 marks.

Shamelessly Arrogant!
  • Take sanyas & tour all India then you know what is life freedom & All
    Prediction/Astrology/Blessing/Prayer/ FOR Why you born here/Mission/Dream/Carrier/Study/Exam/Jobs/Vehicle/Property/Business/Foreign/Visa/Passport/Girlfriend/Boyfriend/Love/Arrange/Marrige/Divorce/Case
  • F5F5
    edited July 11
    MAOISM1 said:

Bro not worry. I hope you can read and write hindi as well. Even if you dont, you can learn it very fast. Being an sdm/dsp in Up/bihar is as good or even better than some allied grp A services..just keep the hope up buddy, grab a small time job and keep heading in the right direction..
    No amount of words can console the loss of your family, but keep your chin up. Get a grp B state govt job, marry and have a family. Your new family will relieve you from this pain of loneliness, just dont fall into despair after coming this far.
  • Normal11 said:

wave said:

MAOISM1 said:

+1
    kouta said:

@Normal11 conan bhai, how are you. Congratulations on your result which was as expected (sorry I lost ur telegram id and logged in here after a long 3 days back but i thought u may have forgot me so didn't msged).
    I am fine and learning to adapt to new life of working for backup. Dont seems so bad except for a bit slow, just waiting to get set soon. I have learnt many good things in upsc so definitely wud love to use them for rest of life once i get set. :)
    tum kaise ho bhai? joining kabse hai?

• kouta said:

Normal11 said:

wave said:

MAOISM1 said:

+1
    kouta said:

@Normal11 conan bhai, how are you. Congratulations on your result which was as expected (sorry I lost ur telegram id and logged in here after a long 3 days back but i thought u may have forgot me so didn't msged).
    I am fine and learning to adapt to new life of working for backup. Dont seems so bad except for a bit slow, just waiting to get set soon. I have learnt many good things in upsc so definitely wud love to use them for rest of life once i get set. :)
    Kaisi baat kar rahe yaar..How can I forget you..??

You'll rock soon. Ho jao set. Joining to December me aayegi. And FC jana hai ya nahi ye nahi decided.

Pm me your telegram id. Install karte hi I'll ping you. :)

Shamelessly Arrogant!
  • life leads no-one to no where..its gd that u have realised it
    Many reasons to remain still happy.

Any one in Delhi willing to learn the toughest part of Philosophy i.e. contemporary western philosophy, in the easiest and simplest way can inbox me. Its free.
  • edited July 11

• Normal11 said:

kouta said:

Normal11 said:

wave said:

MAOISM1 said:

+1
    kouta said:

You'll rock soon. Ho jao set. Joining to December me aayegi. And FC jana hai ya nahi ye nahi decided.

Kaunsi service mein ho bhai?
  • At this young age, you've gone through too many ups and downs which many people don't experience during their entire lifetime. The destiny has been harsh with you. Let it be. Continue to remain strong and be proud of yourself to be able to survive through all this. Upsc is just one of the chance with low probability of conversion. If it doesn't get converted, still you will have many more opportunities which are relatively easier. So choose your area of Interest and keep exploring opportunities.
    Musafir hu yaaron.... na ghar hai na thikana... mujhe chalate jaana hai, bas chalte hi jaana hai......
  • MAOISM1 said:

Hi buddy,

You are very brave.
    Trust me UPSC is not the end of life, and life is not so rosy in Civil Services.
    You become family for those who have none you have a kind soul strong will.
    Work with NGO, PVT Firm that way you can help more ppl in a genuine way than in Civil Services.

Trust me Civil Services are just another Service, (I know many will counter me but that's my personal opinion).

If possible set a goal in life, have a pet.

watch few movies:
    The pursuit of happiness
    The Peaceful warrior
    Big Hero Six.
    In order to survive,we cling to all we know & understand.And we label it reality.
    But knowledge & understanding are ambiguous.That reality could be an illusion. All humans live with the wrong assumptions.
    Isn't that another way of looking at it???
  • sss123 said:

Normal11 said:

kouta said:

Normal11 said:

wave said:

MAOISM1 said:

+1
    kouta said:

Allocation nahi hua bhai.

Shamelessly Arrogant!
  • Normal11 said:

sss123 said:

Normal11 said:

kouta said:

Normal11 said:

wave said:

MAOISM1 said:

+1
    kouta said:

Ok
    Mast service milegi bhai don't worry :)
  • sss123 said:

Normal11 said:

sss123 said:

Normal11 said:

kouta said:

Normal11 said:

wave said:

MAOISM1 said:

+1
    kouta said:

Ok
    Mast service milegi bhai don't worry :)
    Dekh lenge yaar jo bhi mile. :mrgreen:

Shamelessly Arrogant!
  • edited July 11
    1. Are you good at coding? Then do 1 thing, start with edX. And try out your hand in either of gaming or blockchain. Data structures wagerah ek bar padh lo. I don't think it will take you more than 6 months. Try to use github. Github mein repo banao. Thats going to carry you a long way. I think in 8 months you will land a job in amazon et al. Probably @Fuhrer kuch tumko aur help kar payega.

Tcs ki kaun si division mein the?
    Referral se try kar sakte ho, ericsson n all, but wages will be low. (3.5 lakhs to 4 lakhs)

2. Masters kar sakte ho apne optional pe. And use it to move out. Depends on finances.

3. Don't weep, or cry. Would you mind learning trading? That's another interesting option. Its difficult, but interesting.

4. If you love gardening, well, mushroom cultivation kar sakte ho. It's a pretty in demand start up, aur agri start ups waise bhi kam hain.. Organic mushroom? I can bet you won't earn bad.

5. OPSC ka attempts hain? Bengali likh sakte ho? Next tym wbcs bhar dena. Idhar 36 tak de paoge. Dont worry.

Chaap mat lo. Kuch na kuch ho jayega. Bengali sikh loge to wbcs is pretty okayish. Aur idhar mains bhi objective hain except optional. To dhikkat nahi hoga.

6. Aur bhi easy exam chahte ho to Tripura Civil services likh sakte ho. But thora NE ke bare mein janna padhega.

X
  • You haven't lost anything. Naah man, you got a life, you got your parents, you got 2 limbs, 2 eyes, 2 ears and a nose.. You are much more capable than some bakarbaz idiots like me shitting here and there. Come on, there's a reason you failed boy. THE REASON IS YOU ARE BORN TO SUCCEED

Patthar dekhe ho na? Yeh batao, ek patthar ke upar kulhari se maroge nahi to murti kaise banega? Jab murti banta hain to log wah wah karte hain na? Kulhari nahi marega to Wo to waise hi patthar rah jayega. Your life is just like that. Maybe you are destined to be a SPECIAL one.
    X
  • MAOISM1 said:

I recommend you to read Osho books ,it's very soothing...
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://academy.forumias.com

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog