10 Days to Mains: Don’t Be Intimidated. Be Inspired. By Anudeep Durishetty AIR 1 CSE 2017 CGP 2019 Admission Test | Details Writing a good Essay in UPSC Mains, Explained by Anudeep Durishetty
CSE 2019   Attend 3 sessions on preparing for CSE 2019 , right from the right preparation strategy, reading the newspaper, making notes to how to write good answers. Orientation session is open to all and mandatory for all CGP Students. Click here for details.
Current Affairs 2019   We are commencing with the second batch of Current Affairs + Answer Writing from 16th September. Attend the first class free on Sunday, 16th September at 11AM, New Delhi. Click here to know more and register. Click here for details.

Best MAINS test series based on personal guidance / individual attention !

edited June 11 in Test Series
Hi ! I wanted to join MAINS test series for 2018 ! My criteria is based on (in sequence of priority )
1) one to one.interaction !
2) personalized / student specific feedback
3) alignment with pattern
4) timely evaluation
5) lastly interaction with EVALUATOR ( NOT like interacting with teacher / student who hasn't evaluated the copy or like faculty unavailable due to workload )
6) Availibilty of faculty / Evaluator

YOU CAN.ALSO PUT IN TEST SERIES WHICH WORKED IN YOUR CASE TO BRING SOME GOOD SPIKES / IMPROVEMENT IN YOUR GS MAINS SCORE
Would be thankful for feedback

Comments

• I m not being partial and not taking sides n writing without aby bias.

As per your criteria, VisionIAS is a BIG NO, bcz
    1. One to one interaction is rare n below par in quality
    2. general feedback, no specificity or personalization.
    3. Timeliness is worst. U will yv to wait for 20 days at the height of nervousness near mains to c ur evaluated copies.
    4. NO interaction with evaluator at all. U will never know who evaluated your answer script.

POSITIVE with VisionIAS
    1. Relative performance better reflected
    2. The biggest player in the market with proven record but now definitely on declining trajectory

I can't comment abt other test series bcz i dnt have first hand experience. I hv only joined VisionIAS

But i m hearing a lot abt ForumIAS nowadays but don't know abt their quality n other finer details.
  • edited June 12
    Dear All,

We cannot have review threads every now and then as then it becomes a review website of various coachings.

We would request all members to seek guidance from selected candidates / active members on the forum via Direct message to have a fair and impartial recommendations .
    root
  • chrome ias really nice
  • edited June 12

I m not being partial and not taking sides n writing without aby bias.

As per your criteria, VisionIAS is a BIG NO, bcz
    1. One to one interaction is rare n below par in quality
    2. general feedback, no specificity or personalization.
    3. Timeliness is worst. U will yv to wait for 20 days at the height of nervousness near mains to c ur evaluated copies.
    4. NO interaction with evaluator at all. U will never know who evaluated your answer script.

POSITIVE with VisionIAS
    1. Relative performance better reflected
    2. The biggest player in the market with proven record but now definitely on declining trajectory

I can't comment abt other test series bcz i dnt have first hand experience. I hv only joined VisionIAS

But i m hearing a lot abt ForumIAS nowadays but don't know abt their quality n other finer details.

Thanx mate ! You know elimination works :)
  • ForumIAS join kar lo..achha hai

Many reasons to still remain happy.
  • Hi ! I wanted to join MAINS test series for 2018 ! My criteria is based on (in sequence of priority )
    1) one to one.interaction !
    2) personalized / student specific feedback
    3) alignment with pattern
    4) timely evaluation
    5) lastly interaction with EVALUATOR ( NOT like interacting with teacher / student who hasn't evaluated the copy or like faculty unavailable due to workload )
    6) Availibilty of faculty / Evaluator

YOU CAN.ALSO PUT IN TEST SERIES WHICH WORKED IN YOUR CASE TO BRING SOME GOOD SPIKES / IMPROVEMENT IN YOUR GS MAINS SCORE
    Would be thankful for feedback

Bhai iss bar ka toppers kya bola jara unka sun lo videos me.... Sab kuch to public hai.... Fir itna confusion kyu hai life me
  • paddy123 said:

chrome ias really nice

Hey paddy ! Could you rate /give your feedback on following criteria
    A) personalised attention
    B) alignment with upsc pattern
  • root said:

Dear All,

We cannot have review threads every now and then as then it becomes a review website of various coachings.

We would request all members to seek guidance from selected candidates / active members on the forum via Direct message to have a fair and impartial recommendations .

Nice try root. Keep discussion to Pvt so as to keep relevant info outside public eyes.
  • root said:

Dear All,

Why so root ????

When the government do this it's violation of your fundamental right to freedom of expression and what not. But when you do this it is professionalism???

Don't gag people from sharing truth. These coaching monsters are minting millions by false promises to innocent students, then why you want to stop free flow of information ???
  • paddy123 said:

chrome ias really nice

I can give dat

A ) 5 star rating

B ) 5 star rating

• edited June 13
    root said:

Dear All,

arre bhai chahte kya ho , when u needed teaching staff for your forumIAS academy then you would make posts here . forumIAS has always been a family , every1 asks reviews , materials hmesha se . Itna paise k piche kyu baagh rhe ho bhai , hadd kr di hai forumIAS ne , kisi aur coaching ki baat or ForumIAS Academy ke anti bol de koi to sunte hi ni ho , this academy has made you money minded , @root sir please understand , aisa ni chlega ForumIAS staff curtailing discussions in the community affairs and that too for vested interest of academy , this is pure hypocrisy .
    one of example is the fee increase from last year , just coz the forum produced top rankers this year ? like @LeoMessi10 and @kabira among others ? @federer bhai aap to community k member ho kro yaar sir se baat , i know atleast 10-15 older members who are disgusted by this ravaiya of forum , too much academy focused , 10-10k fees bda di hai inhone ,and if koi inke timetalbe k against bole or anyone asks/ posts reviews of other coaching to @root ji comes blazing , aap btao pehle ni hota tha kya aisa review lena material lena ? , start me to wo Material For IAS wala thread bhi hota tha @folder4ias wala .
    once again HUSTLE
  • people sentiments are highly against this exorbitant price rise by forum.
    well said @zohanmukharjee

They are trying to mint money in the name of anudeep , nothing wrong in it..
    all eyes on upsc now..
  • edited June 13
    I agree. Many a times i have seen comments like academy and community are different entities. However, the academy has time and again turned to the community for various reasons. The annual felicitation of toppers is also branded as 'community meet' and we often hear the username of the achievers.
    Reshami si maaya thi,
    Aur main takata jaata tha.
  • edited June 13

I agree. Many a times i have seen comments like academy and community are different entities. However, the academy has time and again turned to the community for various reasons. The annual felicitation of toppers is also branded as 'community meet' and we often hear the username of the achievers.

community and academy would always be one ( or precived to be ) , and i dont find anything wrong if there is this kind of Symbiotic relationship b/w both , but whats needed more is transparency , maybe as we are not associated with academy we are unable to understand their point of view , but thats whats wrong , community has always been a second home to many , and the rawness of it is what attracted all of us . the academy must be more accommodating toward the community .
    the biggest thing the community needs is meaningful discussion and more importantly the role of helping hand that community has been fulfilling from so many years , the emergence of ids promoting other institutes , spamming is what has degraded level of community , thats why it was always the demand for mobile verification , which maybe due to financial constrains couldn't be fulfilled . i hope the feedback is taken positively . trying to curtail discussions will not work , the vested interests jo hr post pe comment kri jate hai alag alag id se must be weeded out ,
    i remember paid membership of forum was also proposed many times by some members ( eg rs 100 / year ) so as to have resources to keep forum filth free and have meaningful discussions here
    once again HUSTLE
  • anyone need vision ias mains test(Test module -822) ? I have purchased it, appeared for 4 tests and 21 tests are left. I am not qualifying prelims so, If someone needs it, please send me personal message.
  • anyone need vision ias mains test(Test module -822) ? I have purchased it, appeared for 4 tests and 21 tests are left. I am not qualifying prelims so, If someone needs it, please send me personal message.

@Jack_Shukla these are the posts jiske wajh se forumias ka level km ho gya hai , people come here as there is a strong student community here , even older members like @kumarnayan would use forum for this , anyways dekhte hai how it fans , forum me bda kuch wrong track pe ja rha hai it does needs rectification , but seems too tough
    once again HUSTLE
  • edited June 13

community and academy would always be one ( or precived to be ) , and i dont find anything wrong if there is this kind of Symbiotic relationship b/w both , but whats needed more is transparency , maybe as we are not associated with academy we are unable to understand their point of view , but thats whats wrong , community has always been a second home to many , and the rawness of it is what attracted all of us . the academy must be more accommodating toward the community .
    the biggest thing the community needs is meaningful discussion and more importantly the role of helping hand that community has been fulfilling from so many years , the emergence of ids promoting other institutes , spamming is what has degraded level of community , thats why it was always the demand for mobile verification , which maybe due to financial constrains couldn't be fulfilled . i hope the feedback is taken positively . trying to curtail discussions will not work , the vested interests jo hr post pe comment kri jate hai alag alag id se must be weeded out ,
    i remember paid membership of forum was also proposed many times by some members ( eg rs 100 / year ) so as to have resources to keep forum filth free and have meaningful discussions here
    I also concur. I distinctly remember a thread some days back asking toppers to come and guide 'forumias academy' students.

I would like to make a point. No doubt all the forumias academy mentors are experienced and all. But they got much of that from the discussions that happened here in beginning years. They got to learn from them, their friends, people on forum, various threads etc.

But now they simply want to use it to gain some money and deny that common knowledge to others who don't pay.

Running forum requires money. But a distinction should be maintained between this community and business interests of forum owners.

I would like to praise VISION in this case. They started this trend of releasing toppers copy. May be someone else did before them. As a result all others are forced to make such copies public. Forumias is also forced on this account.

Also I would like to salute the toppers of this year. They took the pain to start blogs to reach out to all. They have shared their material and notes and everything.

Hope successful ones continue to help unsuccessful ones like us.

But forumias, I have less faith on them due to recent instances.
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul.

• Also forum should publicly clear who is the @root and other administrative staff. I think that would bring transparency to a lot of extent to all the activities. In fact, all other coaching owners clearly mention owners and directors.

• And regarding test series, I have experience with two of them.

1) Vision- their questions are good, evaluation is generic (you won't find how to write, just comments like add more points), evaluator is encouraging (writes good things), was timely in the start, but later copy checking got delayed as mains closed in (same happens with all coachings), you can get a fair enough idea of where you stand or kind of marks you can get.

2) GS score- I took it last year as it was cheaper. Questions were good. Copy checking was bit delayed. The review was not upto level of vision. Though one can get faculty support on call or in office (i never took any). But like vision, you can get an idea of marks you can score in mains.

• edited June 13

And regarding test series, I have experience with two of them.

1) Vision- their questions are good, evaluation is generic (you won't find how to write, just comments like add more points), evaluator is encouraging (writes good things), was timely in the start, but later copy checking got delayed as mains closed in (same happens with all coachings), you can get a fair enough idea of where you stand or kind of marks you can get.

2) GS score- I took it last year as it was cheaper. Questions were good. Copy checking was bit delayed. The review was not upto level of vision. Though one can get faculty support on call or in office (i never took any). But like vision, you can get an idea of marks you can score in mains.

all things said and done , MGP is indeed far more better than all others in feedback deptt .

btw you could check my thread for toppers blog compilation

http://discuss.forumias.com/discussion/24521/recomplilation-of-toppers-blogs-2017/p1
    once again HUSTLE

@Jack_Shukla these are the posts jiske wajh se forumias ka level km ho gya hai , people come here as there is a strong student community here , even older members like @kumarnayan would use forum for this , anyways dekhte hai how it fans , forum me bda kuch wrong track pe ja rha hai it does needs rectification , but seems too tough
    One solution to this could be that threads be officially created and bifurcated by forum based on syllabus topics. Threads made by people should appear separately (on same page but as a separate section). There should be a limit on the number of threads that can be created during a time interval. I suppose nowadays there is rarely any moderator actively involved in forum. Moderators are need of the hour and they should ban people who post multiple comments like this. Forum must be clear about what it wants to allow and what it does not and should strictly adhere to the same. Academy should not be out of the ambit of these rules (if it is a separate entity). In case of multiple threads created on same topics, the first thread should be allowed and rest all should be banned. If not a moderator, Forum can pay someone to do all this (a few hours a day would be sufficient).

The forum should atleast make an effort to sustain its glory rather than giving up on it and moving out to a new venture.

Initially everything appears rosy and we feel the new in the market is best but very soon the new becomes the normal and just like everything else (I am hinting about the academy). This is because people's perception changes based on various aspects that play a role in the long run.

The forum is something unique in this regard and thus deserves a second chance for sure and should not be sidelined by its younger sibling - the academy.
    Reshami si maaya thi,
    Aur main takata jaata tha.
  • paddy123 said:

chrome ias really nice

I can give dat

A ) 5 star rating

B ) 5 star rating
    sahi kaha bhai
  • edited June 13

Thanx for feedback
    In vision can we discuss the evaluated paper ??? If yes then with whom ??
    2) I heard the level of questions in vision mains test series is much high then upsc mains , I mean tougher ...is that true ??
  • edited June 13

all things said and done , MGP is indeed far more better than all others in feedback deptt .

http://discuss.forumias.com/discussion/24521/recomplilation-of-toppers-blogs-2017/p1
    I been checking the forum ias open test ! They been putting putting.g up questions like
    Write short notes on big data
    Look a bit like 2011 / pre 2011 pattern !
    ( not applicable to all questions though )
  • paddy123 said:

paddy123 said:

chrome ias really nice

I can give dat

A ) 5 star rating

B ) 5 star rating
    sahi kaha bhai
    I saw their evaluated copy ...seems good....could you tell me.about
    - timely evaluation
    - availability of faculty ??
  • paddy123 said:

paddy123 said:

chrome ias really nice

I can give dat

A ) 5 star rating

B ) 5 star rating
    sahi kaha bhai
    I saw their evaluated copy ...seems good....could you tell me.about
    - timely evaluation
    - availability of faculty ??
    both 5 star rating

I been checking the forum ias open test ! They been putting putting.g up questions like
    Write short notes on big data
    Look a bit like 2011 / pre 2011 pattern !
    ( not applicable to all questions though )
    Personal take on write a short note on Cuban Crisis / Big Data and all that.

That is the single question you can check and test the writing skills of a candidate. Trust me. See people with good marks / ranks have written that answer. See how they have addressed the short note questions compared to a candidate with low or below average marks - with the same knowledge base .

You can look at that answer and tell that a candidate has summarising skills or not. Can he write an answer in 60-100/ ohalf page / 1 page on a topic which is easy and on which he knows more than is required to answer the question? Because some people end up scoring less and less after they know more and more. A question like this can help you track the reason for it.

I dont think ForumIAS team will dare to puts such questions because of the public perception, but in my opinion, they are extremely important. At least for me.

In fact, when I look at a copy, I see that first.

Even a short note on Cuban Crisis, people end up writing the whole story of Cold War without arriving at Cuban Crisis - which should be there in the first line itself. I would rate any person higher who is able, to begin with Cuban Crisis at one go and tell me exactly in one 2-3 lines what it was.

Take a look at this

P.S. Not many candidates are able to arrive at the answer is the first line. Then elaborate maybe.

P.S. The candidate who has written this is a candidate just like you, with rank in 50s. Do not judge.
    mittali1.png
    307 x 451 - 127K
    mittali2.PNG
    317 x 446 - 126K
    mittali3.png
    316 x 252 - 97K
    *No good deed goes unpunished* | I am no knight, do not call me Sir | I write articles for Civil Services Aspirants, you can find them at http://blog.forumias.com/author/neyawn |
  • I agree. Many a times i have seen comments like academy and community are different entities. However, the academy has time and again turned to the community for various reasons. The annual felicitation of toppers is also branded as 'community meet' and we often hear the username of the achievers.

+1
    This time, my time
  • @rickster:D! go for chrome ias bro
    timely evaluation,good feedback and personal attention by faculties because of limited intake.
    i can share my evaluated scripts if you want to see the quality of evaluation.
    thank me later :P
    all the best

Thanx for feedback
    In vision can we discuss the evaluated paper ??? If yes then with whom ??
    2) I heard the level of questions in vision mains test series is much high then upsc mains , I mean tougher ...is that true ??
    No, I don't think you can discuss in online test series. If you take offline, you might be able to meet the teacher concerned. Though they provide mobile nos in online test series as well. I have never called, so don't know much about it.

2) Regarding questions, vision has good questions. Though I didn't take vision last year, but before that it was okayish kind. And no one can make the type of questions UPSC makes, and even if they do, I am not aware of it.
    Level wise, you can't compare. UPSC questions are a beauty in themselves. None of the coaching ones are. :smiley:

Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog