10 Days to Mains: Don’t Be Intimidated. Be Inspired. By Anudeep Durishetty AIR 1 CSE 2017 CGP 2019 Admission Test | Details Writing a good Essay in UPSC Mains, Explained by Anudeep Durishetty
CSE 2019   Attend 3 sessions on preparing for CSE 2019 , right from the right preparation strategy, reading the newspaper, making notes to how to write good answers. Orientation session is open to all and mandatory for all CGP Students. Click here for details.
Current Affairs 2019   We are commencing with the second batch of Current Affairs + Answer Writing from 16th September. Attend the first class free on Sunday, 16th September at 11AM, New Delhi. Click here to know more and register. Click here for details.

Optional Subject Selection

Hello to everyone,
I did my graduation in engineering and am thinking of preparing for UPSC now. Please can anyone let me know if I can pick English Literature as my optional subject for Mains. I think earlier in 2013 there was some rule that only English literature graduates can take this subject as optional. I hear that rule has been dropped now.
Can anyone please confirm that for me?
Thank you so much in advance. :)

Comments

• You can pick it. No restrictions from upsc's side. Can ask @DrKingSchultz sir for more. His optional is english literature.
    संशयात्मा विनश्यति
  • No restrictions.. you can take any
    5th attempt
    Prelims score- 234/116/133/108/?
    Mains score-662/667/782/785
  • Sanskrit ...
  • Tabahi said:

Sanskrit ...

Aaj bde Dino baad dikhe h yha aap
    संशयात्मा विनश्यति
  • Select 2 or 3 subjeacts in which you have interest or you want to take. after that Check the syallabus and previous year mains questions of that subject then u can find out your interest which will help u in study. U must findout yr interest.
  • edited June 10
    Koi bhi subject le lo.. GS aur ethics mein toh log Katwaa hi lete apna
  • there was no such rule ever..pick any subject u like

Many reasons to still remain happy.
  • I would suggest to choose relevant optional, keeping in mind the tentative upsc reforms (baswan committee) !
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog