Writing a good Essay in UPSC Mains, Explained by Anudeep Durishetty Answer Writing Focus Group for Mains 2018 – Details DOWNLOAD: UPSC Prelims 2018 GS Paper I UPDATE : Answer Writing Group ( Offline | New Delhi ) Registrations Are Now Open!
GUIDANCE IAS Geography(Opt.) @500+ Programme STARTS ON 26th JUNE 9:30 AM.
Venue:   11/5-B, Basement, Param Tower , Pusa Road, Delhi 110005. Call (+91)-9718793363, 011-45586829. Geography(Opt.) Online / Offline Test Series
& Daily Mapwork Program Online
To Enroll Click Here
Top 4 scorers in Geography (Opt.) are Guidance IAS Students: AIR 5 PRATHAM KAUSHIK (327 Marks); AIR 109 DHRUV MISHRA (318 Marks); AIR 411 SAI KIRAN D.N. (316 Marks); AIR 423 DHEERAJ AGARWAL (315 Marks)

AIR 33 blog, story of Journey, Maths Strategy and GS notes

Hii everyone

I am Utsav Gautam (AIR 33, CSE 2017). I have created my blog to share my UPSC journey, maths strategy and GS notes etc. Please do have a look. Here are first the first two installments.

My story and motivation
https://gautamutsav.wordpress.com/2018/06/07/story-of-my-upsc-journey/

Maths strategy
https://gautamutsav.wordpress.com/2018/06/09/my-maths-strategy/

Another question that I have been asked numerous times on messages is why the name HHH ??
So here is the answer...As a child when I used to watch WWE. I was quite impressed by perseverance of HHH. Most of the time (night of champions, summer slam), he used get a lot of beating but still refuse to tap/accept defeat. So i kept the name HHH.

Comments

• edited June 9
    just tell me one thing..did u enjoy studies..or it was a compulsion
    C U ON RESULT DAY.

• HHH said:

Hii everyone

I am Utsav Gautam (AIR 33, CSE 2017). I have created my blog to share my UPSC journey, maths strategy and GS notes etc. Please do have a look. Here are first the first two installments.

My story and motivation

Maths strategy

Another question that I have been asked numerous times on messages is why the name HHH ??
    So here is the answer...As a child when I used to watch WWE. I was quite impressed by perseverance of HHH. Most of the time (night of champions, summer slam), he used get a lot of beating but still refuse to tap/accept defeat. So i kept the name HHH.

congratulations brother, your father would be smiling at you from heaven, god bless :)
  • God bless you
    time to leave forum,too much bakaar and nothing valueable being discussed : its been a nice journey
  • HHH said:

Hii everyone

My story and motivation

Maths strategy

So it was WWE, I guessed as much ! Many many congratulations ! :)
    *No good deed goes unpunished* | I am no knight, do not call me Sir | I write articles for Civil Services Aspirants, you can find them at http://blog.forumias.com/author/neyawn |
  • Thanks!!
    purpose achieved. :) :)
    चुकीला माफी नाही।
  • Good motivation :blush: :blush:
  • What does he mean that it was a bad choice giving prelims without full preparation in forst attempt? He cleared prelims that year.
  • Thank you kind Sir. It was inspiring. All the best for your journey ahead.
    Slow and steady ain't enough. You gotta be Fast & Furious.
  • thank you bro.. :smile: congrats for you.. keep writing..

DOn't quIT :)

Working Professional
    2019 - 1st attempt
  • just tell me one thing..did u enjoy studies..or it was a compulsion

I enjoined studying maths, I still do....I enjoyed reading & writing GS as well....however writing essay was bit pain in the ass :smiley:
  • dpagarwal said:

What does he mean that it was a bad choice giving prelims without full preparation in forst attempt? He cleared prelims that year.

dear, it was not about clearing prelims...it was more about writing mains with good preparation. I felt that I had struck in the cycle of Live-Die-Repeat instead of getting time for capacity building.
  • HHH said:

dpagarwal said:

What does he mean that it was a bad choice giving prelims without full preparation in forst attempt? He cleared prelims that year.

dear, it was not about clearing prelims...it was more about writing mains with good preparation. I felt that I had struck in the cycle of Live-Die-Repeat instead of getting time for capacity building.
    So sir you mean one shoukd enter the battle only after being prepared for mains? Means one shoukd be ready with mains preparatiin before attempting prelims that year?
  • I have always believed that ur first attempt should be your best attempt to increase ur chances of eventually clearing this exam as warna cycle mei trap ho jaate h.

Loads of conratulations,utsav...you made it big bro !! Nice spirit and well written !!
    Rank 42 , CSE 2017

Live intensely.
    Dont become.Be

https://sudhirgahlot.wordpress.com
  • Wow. Hats off to your persistence sir. You deserve the very best. _/\_
    "I watched C beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. Now all those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain"
  • Wow. Hats off to your persistence sir. You deserve the very best. _/\_

Arre bhai yeh kya signature hai ? :astonished:
    time to leave forum,too much bakaar and nothing valueable being discussed : its been a nice journey
  • edited June 10

Wow. Hats off to your persistence sir. You deserve the very best. _/\_

Arre bhai yeh kya signature hai ? :astonished:
    Chill bhai, was having some fun on the bakar thread today morning. Changed now.
    "I watched C beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. Now all those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain"
  • HHH said:

Hii everyone

My story and motivation

Maths strategy

Congratulations Bro,

Crossing ur physical, mental anx emotional barrier - you have ascended yourself - in DBS terms- its called Ultra Instinct. UI HHH.

All d best for ur future endeavors.

Also u mentioned that - it would hv been easy for u if u hav not believed in big bang/ hawking etc bcoz by that way ur father may be watching u from heaven. When hawkings gave concept of Hawking radiations- he said information is never lost /destroyed in universe - ur memories of ur father is that info - it ll be there and through those memories he is watching u and he is happy too.

Can u answer few of my queries
    1- You mention - u did strategic mistakes. Please elaborate on those mistakes.
    2- You said - after reading many of topper blog - u knew hohow to crack this exam - but later you realised it was not so. So what changed?
  • federer said:

I have always believed that ur first attempt should be your best attempt to increase ur chances of eventually clearing this exam as warna cycle mei trap ho jaate h.

Loads of conratulations,utsav...you made it big bro !! Nice spirit and well written !!

thanks bhai...congratulations to you as well !!
  • HHH said:

Hii everyone

My story and motivation

Maths strategy

God bless you Utsav Sir . You will make a very good IAS Officer .
  • HHH said:

Hii everyone

My story and motivation

Maths strategy

Congratulations Bro,

Crossing ur physical, mental anx emotional barrier - you have ascended yourself - in DBS terms- its called Ultra Instinct. UI HHH.

Also u mentioned that - it would hv been easy for u if u hav not believed in big bang/ hawking etc bcoz by that way ur father may be watching u from heaven. When hawkings gave concept of Hawking radiations- he said information is never lost /destroyed in universe - ur memories of ur father is that info - it ll be there and through those memories he is watching u and he is happy too.

2- You said - after reading many of topper blog - u knew hohow to crack this exam - but later you realised it was not so. So what changed?
    I really like mentioning of holographic principle by you.

I would love to :

few my strategic mistakes were
    1. wasting 4 months in reading 2nd ARC
    2. not practicing answer writing
    3. lack of prepration in Paper II maths in 2015, leading to gigantic 73 marks :smiley:
    4. doing research in astronomy after mains 2016.

regarding reading toppers blog wala question

It will be very tiresome to mention every aspect...but in a nut shell ..the things goes like this...every topper has its own strength ...one may be very good in answer writing so she will do it only for 2 months before mains...but if I do it by emulating her, i would have gone bankrupt. so assess your strengths by doing neutral introspection.
  • Bang on!
    A worth story to read and get inspired ! You deserve the very best. _/\_
    All the best Sir!
  • thank you all !!
  • HHH said:

HHH said:

Hii everyone

My story and motivation

Maths strategy

Congratulations Bro,

I would love to :

3. lack of prepration in Paper II maths in 2015, leading to gigantic 73 marks :smiley:

It will be very tiresome to mention every aspect...but in a nut shell ..the things goes like this...every topper has its own strength ...one may be very good in answer writing so she will do it only for 2 months before mains...but if I do it by emulating her, i would have gone bankrupt. so assess your strengths by doing neutral introspection.
    Thanks a lot bro. Maybe I was referring to the Astral Projections ( or something like that)

My follow-up Qs
    1- So instead of reading whole ARC - what is the alternative?

Yes ur last point is perfect - one must identify their strength and use it efficiently to crack this exam.

One more thing- you used "her" as 3rd person pronoun - is it something imp for mains as well? Did u incorporate it in ur answers.
  • @HHH sir Congratulations
    Sir please share your GS notes :)
  • HHH said:

HHH said:

Hii everyone

My story and motivation

Maths strategy

Congratulations Bro,

I would love to :

Thanks a lot bro. Maybe I was referring to the Astral Projections ( or something like that)

My follow-up Qs

Yes ur last point is perfect - one must identify their strength and use it efficiently to crack this exam.

One more thing- you used "her" as 3rd person pronoun - is it something imp for mains as well? Did u incorporate it in ur answers.

I read about astral projection, found it interesting, but i think quantum mechanics, dark energy appeals to me more.

You can read summary by Sh. Amrutesh Kalidas Sir (AIR 5 ,CSE 2010), I will also upload my brief summary of ARC on my blog.

about her, I learnt this from Sh. Gaurav Agarwal Sir (AIR 1, 2013), he had used this...in exam i have used him/her everytime or her .
  • HHH said:

HHH said:

HHH said:

Hii everyone

My story and motivation

Maths strategy

Congratulations Bro,

I would love to :

My follow-up Qs

I read about astral projection, found it interesting, but i think quantum mechanics, dark energy appeals to me more.

You can read summary by Sh. Amrutesh Kalidas Sir (AIR 5 ,CSE 2010), I will also upload my brief summary of ARC on my blog.

about her, I learnt this from Sh. Gaurav Agarwal Sir (AIR 1, 2013), he had used this...in exam i have used him/her everytime or her .
    Indeep QM is very interesting- My Astral Projection concept is different from the spiritual one - it has more to do with QM and String Theory concepts. ( juxtaposing things :) )

Dark Energy is something I ll read abt more - I love watching PBS Astrophysics on such concepts.

Thanks a lot bro once again.

All d best for FC.
  • I have shared my GS I notes of indian society and india after independence
  • HHH said:

I have shared my GS I notes of indian society and india after independence

sir keep your blog in yur signature.. ppl may get benefitted

DOn't quIT :)

Working Professional
    2019 - 1st attempt
  • HHH said:

I have shared my GS I notes of indian society and india after independence

sir keep your blog in yur signature.. ppl may get benefitted
    done
  • HHH said:

Hii everyone

My story and motivation

Maths strategy

thanks !!

D-Generation X = F them all !!
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://academy.forumias.com

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog