10 Days to Mains: Don’t Be Intimidated. Be Inspired. By Anudeep Durishetty AIR 1 CSE 2017 CGP 2019 Admission Test | Details Writing a good Essay in UPSC Mains, Explained by Anudeep Durishetty
CSE 2019   Attend 3 sessions on preparing for CSE 2019 , right from the right preparation strategy, reading the newspaper, making notes to how to write good answers. Orientation session is open to all and mandatory for all CGP Students. Click here for details.
Current Affairs 2019   We are commencing with the second batch of Current Affairs + Answer Writing from 16th September. Attend the first class free on Sunday, 16th September at 11AM, New Delhi. Click here to know more and register. Click here for details.

Let's Guess the Cutoff with some reason!

hi all! let's do it then!
90-95
forum, peer group based estimation.

Comments

• 90-95. Hi-Five!
    I've deleted my gmail account. So your messages won't reach me. ATB. :)
  • 90+-2
    "Rise and rise again and again, Like the Phoenix from the ashes Until the lambs have become lions and the rule of Darkness is no more”
  • 93+-2
    वक़्त बदले तो मिजाज न बदलो
  • edited June 8
    97-100
  • Somewhere 80-85 according to upsc key
  • MSD2016 said:

Somewhere 80-85 according to upsc key

Bc :mrgreen: mains de lo pcs ka
  • edited June 8
    Allahabad mein kya range hai minimum se max
  • 88/89
    Wrote CS (Main) Exam, 2016
    Score – 760

Sweet is never as sweet without the sour.
  • MSD2016 said:

Bc :mrgreen: mains de lo pcs ka
    Ready :sunglasses:
  • Cut off 96.66 based on Shankar Key =
    Cut off 89.33 to 91.33 based on UPSC key as Subsidiary ans is Paramountcy (100%) and GTR is C (75%)and one unexpected change like Gypsum
    OBC 88.66 UPSC key
    SC 77.33 UPSC key

Last year prediction thread with a pic

http://discuss.forumias.com/discussion/25122/what-is-the-expected-cut-off-for-upsc-prelims-2017/p1
    Screenshot_2018-06-08-18-32-51-1.png
    338 x 927 - 85K
  • 100+/-2 (Chances on lower side)

Reason: Lot of concentration between 90-100, not all are going to write as seats are less this time Only 5000(Gen) are going to write mains apart from that uncertainty of answers over few questions on which only UPSC will decide.

Anyone getting above 95 should seriously start preparing for Mains.
  • 100+/-2 (Chances on lower side)

Reason: Lot of concentration between 90-100, not all are going to write as seats are less this time Only 5000(Gen) are going to write mains apart from that uncertainty of answers over few questions on which only UPSC will decide.

99-100 pe lots of nahi hai bhai sahab 92 -94 pe hai
  • edited June 8

100+/-2 (Chances on lower side)

99-100 pe lots of nahi hai bhai sahab 92 -94 pe hai
    jahan par jyada hote hain uske upar hi jata h cutoff..95 -97 k as pas bhi kafi janta hai is bar..jo ki doubtful questions ko remove karke baithi h (not like inflated ones)...khair apna kaam to predict karna h upsc hi decide karegi kya rahega cutoff..bus deserving walon ka katna nahi chahiye..
  • 89 to 91
  • al said:

Cut off 96.66 based on Shankar Key =
    Cut off 89.33 to 91.33 based on UPSC key as Subsidiary ans is Paramountcy (100%) and GTR is C (75%)and one unexpected change like Gypsum
    OBC 88.66 UPSC key
    SC 77.33 UPSC key

Last year prediction thread with a pic

http://discuss.forumias.com/discussion/25122/what-is-the-expected-cut-off-for-upsc-prelims-2017/p1

haha.. iss photo m dikh rha h mene kitna samjhaya tha logo ko RTV is constitutional right
    2015- prelims failed by 1 mark
    2016 - missed final list by 9 marks
    2017- missed final list by 4 marks
  • as per my information, no institute has predicted cut off in three digits whether its shankar, vision, neostencil, clearias, insight or any other. this is something extraordinary. it clearly points cut off can never enter three digits even in wildest of dreams.
  • Cut-off won't be more than 90. There could be more gypsum-like knuckleballs from UPSC this year. :trollface:
    Wrote CS (Main) Exam, 2016
    Score – 760

Sweet is never as sweet without the sour.
  • most serious candidates will end up with 85 - 94 marks. So cut off should be 95 - 99 marks.
    Cycle of prelims and Mains continues into the 8th and Final Year ---> 2018.

3rd Account

One of the Earliest Forum Member!
  • MSD2016 said:

+1
  • Looks like 93-96.
  • edited June 8
    Lmao..

Ye hai UPSC ka jalwa.

Kahaan woh din the 2015, 2016 ke jab cut off 107, 116 par hua karta tha.

Aur kahan ye aaj ke din hain....शतरंज की पूरी बाज़ी पलट के रख दी UPSC ne.

Khair.......

98-99 tak hona chahiye CSP ka.. Maximum
  • Shankar wali range sahi lag rhi ...but UPSC keys kya answer rakhegi ye to next year hi pata lagega
    Part of being a winner is knowing when enough is enough. Sometimes you have to give up the fight and walk away, and move on to something that's more productive.

• 94-96
    Life will be good.Eventually
  • My final cutoff prediction-
    General - 90-92
    Obc-88-90
    SC- 77-79
    ST-75-77
    Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise !!
  • Cutoff 95 se jyada nahi jayega....likh lo note kar lo.. B)
    You talk when u cease to be at peace with your mind
  • edited June 8
    All my IPS , IRS friends getting in the range of 85-100 . marks have surely dipped by 20 this time as compared to last year . you can also refer to clear ias marks to reach a tentative cutoff . Acc to it , cutoff hovers around 15 percentile marks , which is 87 in its poll . But i think 87 seems too less , it may change over next few days , so my final prediction is cutoff to remain in 90-92 range , not more than that . even shankar lower range is 93 , it may be true .
  • All my IPS , IRS friends getting in the range of 85-100 . marks have surely dipped by 20 this time as compared to last year . you can also refer to clear ias marks to reach a tentative cutoff . Acc to it , cutoff hovers around 15 percentile marks , which is 87 in its poll . But i think 87 seems too less , it may change over next few days , so my final prediction is cutoff to remain in 90-92 range , not more than that . even shankar lower range is 93 , it may be true .

Some r getting 200,190 in it
This discussion has been closed.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog