Registration : Open Test by ForumIAS – May 24 | Online + Offline FEW DAYS BEFORE THE PRELIMS by CSE Rank 373 : SURYAWANSHI MAYUR
Online/Offline Batch Enrollment For Focussed Foundation Program 2019 (limited seats available)
Click Here :- Details | Register | Download Brochure
Unacademy Plus - Live Classes by India’s Best Educators
Seats going fast for all UPSC CSE Prelim's 18 courses. Click on the below link for details -

(1) Last Lap Current Affairs for Prelims 2018           (2) Science and Technology for Mains 2018 & Prelims 2019
(3) Comprehensive module for Ancient, Medieval, Modern History - Pre+Mains    (4) Concepts + latest developments in Environment/Ecology (Pre & Mains)
(5) Class 6-12 NCERT Summary for all the Subjects -Mains 18 & Prelims 19     (6) Important Topics for Mains GS Paper 2 and 3
Learn from India’s Best Educators. Limited Seats! Register now

Test series for Prelims 2014 | Besides Synergy & Vision IAS

edited December 2013 in Coaching & Websites
any good coaching institute for prelims 2014 test series other than synergy n vision ias????

Comments

• creation ias cheap n best i think!!
  • edited December 2013
    @sanchit

You ask the question and then answer it yourself, sawaal kisse puch rahe the, apne antar atma se :P

Well, for prelims try to get to any CAT coaching guy for CSAT, they know how to master it and some conventional GS guy for GS part.
    Mankind was corrupt from the time of Adam & eve, why complain now :) || कांथर हुनु भन्दा मर्नु राम्रो || वीर भोग्या वसुंधरा
  • guys what say about drishti ias. How is it? When is vajiram and cl planning to start
  • I read somewhere that career launcher's test series for pt is worth a shot. I presume that as it is a well known name for CAT, its tests for paper 2 will be really nice but I doubt about gs section. Anyone please throw light on it.
  • I have also heard that CL is worth because of there CAT..
  • edited December 2013
    Is anyone here planning to join Insights test series?
    CSE Mains-2014 [Political Science & International Relations]

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass,it's about learning to dance in the rain.”
  • Is anyone here planning to join Insights test series?
    I m thinking to join it...but dont know about fee structure and schedule of tests...though some of my friends who joined it last year appreciated it a lot!!
    SDM :UP-2015
  • @vasu-Had they done it last year also? I did not know it!

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass,it's about learning to dance in the rain.”
  • CSE Mains-2014 [Political Science & International Relations]

• ohh..I was talking about Insight IAS academy..it was gud..though insights r doing it for first tym...we shud wait and see their first test and den join I think..
    SDM :UP-2015
  • I realized that you were talking about any coaching centre;anyways, yes lets wait and watch.

P.S. I am looking forward to CL's test -series.

• I can give you feedback of Vajiram and CL as I personally followed these two previous year.
    Vajiram In G.S. paper some time they put a lot of factual questions which is not a very negative point because you have to retain some fact at the end of the day. Their polity section is very good and questions in polity will test your memory and observation skill both. Questions of polity are in sync with current affairs. Quality of economy in their paper is basic to moderate questions. Questions will demand that your fundamentals should be absolutely clear. More focus on things they have taught in class. Geography paper is somewhat factual but I think most part of Geography is factual so can't blame them. But again quality of questions are good but problem in Geography is that they give less focus on Indian Geography which is primary focus of UPSC. History paper might be totally different from last year because they have changed history teacher but last year History question were definitely a level higher than UPSC, questions asked required a lot of reading and brainstorming in History. S&T to my mind was way over what is required for this exam. I mean they used to ask too many technical points. Over emphasis on S&T was compensated in Environment and Ecology section where I think their quality was not at par with CSE. Now CSAT part was a bit easy in initial papers then they geared up their level afterwards. However they focused way too much on Mathematics part and Verbal aptitude along with RC in my opinion suffered a bit. However these shortcomings were more conspicuous in topic wise/ part tests, I have to accept that in Full Tests their standard was almost equal with UPSC.

Career Launcher I did not like G.S. part because it seemed more factual than Vajiram to me, so I stopped collecting it after first test so I can't give you comprehensive opinion. But I followed CSAT papers and I found questions really time consuming. They were certainly more similar like CAT questions than CSE questions. Frankly I feel their is no harm in practicing tough questions but then you will not be able to judge your true level. You might get demoralised or you will end up devoting more time on CSAT than required. However if you have already prepared for CAT or you have that extra zeal for aptitude then you might enjoy these questions and it might propel you beyond 180.

P.S. Now these are my personal opinion as an average student and some brilliant people might disagree and I accept my limitations. :-B
    Flunked in CSE 2014 Mains
    “Study while others are sleeping; work while others are loafing; prepare while others are playing; and dream while others are wishing.”–William Arthur Ward
    "अपने हिस्से में समंदर नहीं आनेवाला चलो रेत निचोड़ी जाये"
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog