Writing a good Essay in UPSC Mains, Explained by Anudeep Durishetty Answer Writing Focus Group for Mains 2018 – Details DOWNLOAD: UPSC Prelims 2018 GS Paper I UPDATE : Answer Writing Group ( Offline | New Delhi ) Registrations Are Now Open!
GUIDANCE IAS Geography(Opt.) @500+ Programme STARTS ON 26th JUNE 9:30 AM.
Venue:   11/5-B, Basement, Param Tower , Pusa Road, Delhi 110005. Call (+91)-9718793363, 011-45586829. Geography(Opt.) Online / Offline Test Series
& Daily Mapwork Program Online
To Enroll Click Here
Top 4 scorers in Geography (Opt.) are Guidance IAS Students: AIR 5 PRATHAM KAUSHIK (327 Marks); AIR 109 DHRUV MISHRA (318 Marks); AIR 411 SAI KIRAN D.N. (316 Marks); AIR 423 DHEERAJ AGARWAL (315 Marks)

Notes or classes

Could someone guide me regarding Psir classes of Shubhra Ma'am, the seats are full in shubhra ma'am 's class, they have few seats left in the adjacent room with LCD screen. So 48k for that seems costly since there won't be any interaction with the teacher during class. So how much will I miss out if I go for her notes rather than classes?

Comments

  • I have joined her second batch and today was the first class. The students in the adjoining classroom are asking doubts and their doubts are being addressed in the same moment only. But yes 48k for LCD lectures is too much. It depends what's your motive behind joining coaching. Whether you need it or you can grasp from notes itself. I have joined it just to align my initial preparation and also in order to complete the optional by the time this course ends. If you are dedicated enough and can be consistent , I don't think you need coaching . Otherwise sitting in the adjoining classroom will also help in keeping you on the track.

    Good luck.
  • Thanks a lot!
  • pol sc gs score full online video classes for 2018 mains by dr piyush chaubey for sale.. price 15k .. msg me if interested
  • pk_bgp_24 said:

    pol sc gs score full online video classes for 2018 mains by dr piyush chaubey for sale.. price 15k .. msg me if interested

    Why are you selling them? Aren't they good, or is it just a price sharing agreement?
  • I have joined her second batch and today was the first class. The students in the adjoining classroom are asking doubts and their doubts are being addressed in the same moment only. But yes 48k for LCD lectures is too much. It depends what's your motive behind joining coaching. Whether you need it or you can grasp from notes itself. I have joined it just to align my initial preparation and also in order to complete the optional by the time this course ends. If you are dedicated enough and can be consistent , I don't think you need coaching . Otherwise sitting in the adjoining classroom will also help in keeping you on the track.

    Good luck.

    Are there any online classes for the Optional? Does her, Political Science Crash course help a beginner who will appear for 2019? Should it be joined now or only after prelims?
  • She will take the next batch around November-December. Wait till then.

    Prepare for GS papers as the batch finishes a month before prelims.

    If you have PSIR background like MA in Pol Science then her notes will be sufficient otherwise your score will be butchered in optional papers.
  • Reyaz said:

    She will take the next batch around November-December. Wait till then.

    Prepare for GS papers as the batch finishes a month before prelims.

    If you have PSIR background like MA in Pol Science then her notes will be sufficient otherwise your score will be butchered in optional papers.

    Can't come to Delhi, what's the alternative. Is piyush sir good enough?
  • just save your money then... buy SR ma'am notes from Flavido...Refer to Ananya Das blog for the minimum booklist on PSIR (or you can avoid books by reading IGNOU materials of BA-MA pol science). if you complete these by December this year then join online test series from shubhraranjan.com or piyush choubey. If you are scoring well in the tests then just revise till mains. If not then join the SR classes after prelims .. 3 months classes or crash course will be enough if you complete the above mentioned sources by december.

    You can also ask or refer to Apoorva Pandey (@leakycauldron) she scored well in PSIR by self-study achieving AIR 39 this year.
  • Reyaz said:

    just save your money then... buy SR ma'am notes from Flavido...Refer to Ananya Das blog for the minimum booklist on PSIR (or you can avoid books by reading IGNOU materials of BA-MA pol science). if you complete these by December this year then join online test series from shubhraranjan.com or piyush choubey. If you are scoring well in the tests then just revise till mains. If not then join the SR classes after prelims .. 3 months classes or crash course will be enough if you complete the above mentioned sources by december.

    You can also ask or refer to Apoorva Pandey (@leakycauldron) she scored well in PSIR by self-study achieving AIR 39 this year.

    thanks, will follow this. Ya, I have asked @leakycauldron , hope she will reply soon.
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://academy.forumias.com

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog