Writing a good Essay in UPSC Mains, Explained by Anudeep Durishetty Answer Writing Focus Group for Mains 2018 – Details DOWNLOAD: UPSC Prelims 2018 GS Paper I UPDATE : Answer Writing Group ( Offline | New Delhi ) Registrations Are Now Open! Community Meet 3 – June 10th | 2PM | Meet Anudeep, Abhishek, Sachin, Apurva and Ankita Mishra & the Toppers of CSE 2017

Please help.

Am sitting since 4 years at home. As a person lethargic and inconsistent in studies
Not much equipped with pressure handling capacity.
Focus is very poor. And indiscipline in studies.
Age 27. Age and attempts till 31. Cant skip any attempt now.

Attempts given :- 2 : 1st attempt trial and 2nd with coaching. Get distracted easily
Scores :-- very minimal . Below 50's in both papers.
Wandering mind, lots of desires.
Atleast fine focus is of 4 hrs.

What should i do?
Two possibilities :- 1. Give next attempt as last, next year i.e without job while giving other exams also.

2. Join a teaching job now fr atleast 6 months.coz cant be sure of momentum sitting at home . What if i get no momentum?

May be job builds discipline and pressure handling capacity. Can enjoy lil bit also so as to feel fresh. May be i can study smartly after a job??

Comments

• Aap haryana se ho ... Bahut pareshan ho life me ,,, baar baar nakartamak vichar aate h... Jeevan se haar gyi ho... Man kendrit nhi rahta h... Karna kuch chahti ho or ho kuch or jata h ....

Sab thik hoga god bless you
  • edited June 8
    @Chitra1234567 Guess what!! I am also in the same situation.. Here's what I have done to remedy the situation:- I have just started working. I am not sitting at home now. I am going to work every day, enjoying myself.
    I have given 4 attempts. Next year will be my 5th attempt. Am preparing for it with a renewed vigour. I suggest you do the same. Start working. Eventually, everything will fall into place. Godspeed in your IAS journey.. :)
    क्‍यों डरें जिन्‍दगी में क्‍या होगा
    कुछ ना होगा तो तजुर्बा होगा
  • Am sitting since 4 years at home. As a person lethargic and inconsistent in studies

Attempts given :- 2 : 1st attempt trial and 2nd with coaching. Get distracted easily

What should i do?
    Two possibilities :- 1. Give next attempt as last, next year i.e without job while giving other exams also.

2. Join a teaching job now fr atleast 6 months.coz cant be sure of momentum sitting at home . What if i get no momentum?

May be job builds discipline and pressure handling capacity. Can enjoy lil bit also so as to feel fresh. May be i can study smartly after a job??

Start working. Start running.Try to look good. Make a boyfriend, go to movies, restaurants and enjoy the life.
    Don't bother what the family is expecting from you. You get one life.Dont waste it.
    Make Life Beautiful Again!!
  • @Chitra1234567 Guess what!! I am also in the same situation.. Here's what I have done to remedy the situation:- I have just started working. I am not sitting at home now. I am going to work every day, enjoying myself.
    I have given 4 attempts. Next year will be my 5th attempt. Am preparing for it with a renewed vigour. I suggest you do the same. Start working. Eventually, everything will fall into place. Godspeed in your IAS journey.. :)

How are you managing time alongwith job. I will have a 8-2 p.m job
  • edited June 8

@Chitra1234567 Guess what!! I am also in the same situation.. Here's what I have done to remedy the situation:- I have just started working. I am not sitting at home now. I am going to work every day, enjoying myself.

I have a 9 to 6 job.I study for 3 hours in the evening. Then 2 hours in morning. On Sundays I try to study for 8hours(4 hours in morning and 4 hours in evening.I will increase my study time eventually). Since you have a 8 to 2pm job, you may be able to study for more hours after work..
  • @Chitra1234567 Guess what!! I am also in the same situation.. Here's what I have done to remedy the situation:- I have just started working. I am not sitting at home now. I am going to work every day, enjoying myself.

I have a 9 to 6 job.I study for 3 hours in the evening. Then 2 hours in morning. On Sundays I try to study for 8hours(4 hours in morning and 4 hours in evening.I will increase my study time eventually). Since you have a 8 to 2pm job, you may be able to study for more hours after work..
    Answer writing etc kb krte ho?
  • edited June 8
    You can Join a teaching job. It will help you alot. I was also in same situation last year. I joined a teaching job and enrolled in a Ignou program which help me in preparation and also has potential for alternate career. Try your week point and work on it.

Now its about one year i m teaching in delhi for competetive exam and about to complete my ignou program. Its a good way ahead.

Answer writing etc kb krte ho?
    Abhi toh prepare kar raha hoon. Time nikalna padega answer writing practice ke liye. Strategy adjust karunga..
  • Prateek.v said:

You can Join a teaching job. It will help you alot. I was also in same situation last year. I joined a teaching job and enrolled in a Ignou program which help me in preparation and also has potential for alternate career. Try your week point and work on it.

Now its about one year i m teaching in delhi for competetive exam and about to complete my ignou program. Its a good way ahead.

Prateek.v said:

Prateek.v said:

Prateek.v said:

How are you managing time with teaching? Answer writing and mains prep etc?
  • UPSC chhod do...u don't have a stable mind
    C U ON RESULT DAY.

Because no job.

Because no job.
    job bahut logo k paas nahi hai...par UPSC k rasta choose kiya hai to ya to chal hi lo ya to chhod hi do...sab kuch nahi milta life me ek saath

desire ki gathri kam karo..ye karungi wo karungi etc etc..isse sirf pareshani hoti hai

job karna hai job karo..padhna hai karo..par desires hata do ki select ho gayi to ye karungi wo karungi..itna asan nahi hai life

sirf karm pe dhyan do...fal pe jitna adhik dhyan jaye samjhao chances kam hai fal milne ke
    C U ON RESULT DAY.

Because no job.
    job bahut logo k paas nahi hai...par UPSC k rasta choose kiya hai to ya to chal hi lo ya to chhod hi do...sab kuch nahi milta life me ek saath

desire ki gathri kam karo..ye karungi wo karungi etc etc..isse sirf pareshani hoti hai

job karna hai job karo..padhna hai karo..par desires hata do ki select ho gayi to ye karungi wo karungi..itna asan nahi hai life

sirf karm pe dhyan do...fal pe jitna adhik dhyan jaye samjhao chances kam hai fal milne ke
    Job k saath prep?
  • Am sitting since 4 years at home. As a person lethargic and inconsistent in studies

What should i do?

Mam I must say that half hearted preparation is of no use for upsc. Either you should give your full or leave this field. What I would suggest you that have a disciplined schedule like join some coaching and offline test series and follow the timetable religiously so that you would be able to complete the syllabus in time bound manner. Or alternatively join the job but make sure that the job will give you enough time for upsc preparation.

Because no job.

Job k saath prep?
    Job k saath kuchh log karte hain prep..par wo khaas log hote hain..rare log..tum nahi ho unme
    C U ON RESULT DAY.

• Prateek.v said:

Prateek.v said:

Prateek.v said:

Prateek.v said:

Its a teaching job for SSC and State PCS exam. So help me in self preparation. Syallabus is almost same at basic level.

Because no job.

Job k saath prep?
    Job k saath kuchh log karte hain prep..par wo khaas log hote hain..rare log..tum nahi ho unme
    Plz.
  • Dead Man said:

Am sitting since 4 years at home. As a person lethargic and inconsistent in studies

What should i do?

Mam I must say that half hearted preparation is of no use for upsc. Either you should give your full or leave this field. What I would suggest you that have a disciplined schedule like join some coaching and offline test series and follow the timetable religiously so that you would be able to complete the syllabus in time bound manner. Or alternatively join the job but make sure that the job will give you enough time for upsc preparation.
    Test series tried. Donot happen
  • for ppl who gets distracted often (I am one among them) they should engage themselves in some sort of work.. full time preparation is not gonna help unless we prepare with full concentration..

DOn't quIT :)

Working Professional
    2019 - 1st attempt
  • i was in the same situation. it's getting better now. scored single digit marks in 2016, 80 in 2017, getting around 90 this year..won't make it this year but i am excited to write the exam again next year as i know my weakness and i am confident of correcting them. What I did (and also suggest you to do the same) is not to put your life on hold because of the exam, once in a while go out with your friends for a movie, join a gym, get a hobby, just do stuff that you enjoy(which doesn't consume much time). When you pick up a book to study, tell yourself that you are going to focus on study alone without any futile thoughts and whenever you digress yell at yourself some catch phrase and start over. Try this for a month or two, if this works out its fine, if not get a job to keep yourself busy.
  • Prateek.v said:

Prateek.v said:

Prateek.v said:

Prateek.v said:

Prateek.v said:

Its a teaching job for SSC and State PCS exam. So help me in self preparation. Syallabus is almost same at basic level.
    Bhai , kitna salary de rahe hai aur kaha par kar rahe ho job ??
    अभी साँसों में है दम...
    अभी चलने दो सितम...

What should i do?

Get a backup...either go for teaching or job..ghar PE ab zyada time spend karna is not a good idea...job/ teaching will give u confidence then u can get back to prep..everything will fall in line

What should i do?

Get a backup...either go for teaching or job..ghar PE ab zyada time spend karna is not a good idea...job/ teaching will give u confidence then u can get back to prep..everything will fall in line

Good solution. It will boost confidence and also very helpful.
  • Prateek.v said:

Prateek.v said:

Prateek.v said:

Prateek.v said:

Prateek.v said:

Bhai , kitna salary de rahe hai aur kaha par kar rahe ho job ??
    Salary is not so good but one can sustain in ORN easily. It is in mukherjeenagar.
  • edited June 8
    How should i prepare for other govt exams + upsc and masters also along with a job?
  • edited June 8
    Would like to congratulate for coming forward with your problem on a public forum.frankly speaking its not my cup of tea because of social anxiety and shyness.

• i can very much relate to you
    wasted 8 years completing graduation due to so many inconsistent and half hearted attempt to complete engineering degree...finally ended up with a bsc degree
    then started preparing for upsc
    got thrown out of iit
    did not join iim even after getting selected because of the fear that I will also waste my time and my parents money there
    started preparing for upsc as I thought after iit and iim only upsc can give me salvation
    preparing for upsc since 2011
    given 6 mains
    but was never serious in my life
    always thinking about others.......never putting myself first
    so always failed in mains
    had so many distractions...joined ssc job but ran away after 3 months
    did not join any coaching again because of my inner fears
    finally after doing ssc job I realised that life will be shit if I do not start taking life seriously
    Came to Delhi....started studying but without any guidance and any plan
    failed again
    failed in prelims the first time.....this failure came as blessing in disguise
    because of this failure I started teaching in a college.....and then my life took a turn....started loving the job...realising my mistakes in my subject......Respect from students improved my self confidence which I lost somewhere in the process
    Gave mains last year....only 16 marks less than cutoff...though I was not successful but still a satisfaction was there as this was the highest improvement I have had in all my mains attempt

So my suggestion to you is to join the teaching job....go for NET exam...start teaching in some college.....life will definitely change
    Find someone who can motivate you.....who believes in you more than yourself....talk about your thoughts with someone....offline or online...doesn't matter....but share your problems
    Start believing in yourself......this is the first step of healing

P.S. Sorry to write so about about my past experiences but i only wrote what i felt
  • How should i prepare for other govt exams + upsc and masters also along with a job?

Kutch ek choose kar lo..ya prepare for job or go for acadamics..sab sath Mein thoda tough hai
  • How should i prepare for other govt exams + upsc and masters also along with a job?

Kutch ek choose kar lo..ya prepare for job or go for acadamics..sab sath Mein thoda tough hai

How should i prepare for other govt exams + upsc and masters also along with a job?

Masters is thru ignou??
  • Odysseus said:

i can very much relate to you
    wasted 8 years completing graduation due to so many inconsistent and half hearted attempt to complete engineering degree...finally ended up with a bsc degree
    then started preparing for upsc
    got thrown out of iit
    did not join iim even after getting selected because of the fear that I will also waste my time and my parents money there
    started preparing for upsc as I thought after iit and iim only upsc can give me salvation
    preparing for upsc since 2011
    given 6 mains
    but was never serious in my life
    always thinking about others.......never putting myself first
    so always failed in mains
    had so many distractions...joined ssc job but ran away after 3 months
    did not join any coaching again because of my inner fears
    finally after doing ssc job I realised that life will be shit if I do not start taking life seriously
    Came to Delhi....started studying but without any guidance and any plan
    failed again
    failed in prelims the first time.....this failure came as blessing in disguise
    because of this failure I started teaching in a college.....and then my life took a turn....started loving the job...realising my mistakes in my subject......Respect from students improved my self confidence which I lost somewhere in the process
    Gave mains last year....only 16 marks less than cutoff...though I was not successful but still a satisfaction was there as this was the highest improvement I have had in all my mains attempt

So my suggestion to you is to join the teaching job....go for NET exam...start teaching in some college.....life will definitely change
    Find someone who can motivate you.....who believes in you more than yourself....talk about your thoughts with someone....offline or online...doesn't matter....but share your problems
    Start believing in yourself......this is the first step of healing

P.S. Sorry to write so about about my past experiences but i only wrote what i felt

After NET, can one get direct lecturarship?
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://academy.forumias.com

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog