Writing a good Essay in UPSC Mains, Explained by Anudeep Durishetty Answer Writing Focus Group for Mains 2018 – Details DOWNLOAD: UPSC Prelims 2018 GS Paper I UPDATE : Answer Writing Group ( Offline | New Delhi ) Registrations Are Now Open!
GUIDANCE IAS Geography(Opt.) @500+ Programme STARTS ON 26th JUNE 9:30 AM.
Venue:   11/5-B, Basement, Param Tower , Pusa Road, Delhi 110005. Call (+91)-9718793363, 011-45586829. Geography(Opt.) Online / Offline Test Series
& Daily Mapwork Program Online
To Enroll Click Here
Top 4 scorers in Geography (Opt.) are Guidance IAS Students: AIR 5 PRATHAM KAUSHIK (327 Marks); AIR 109 DHRUV MISHRA (318 Marks); AIR 411 SAI KIRAN D.N. (316 Marks); AIR 423 DHEERAJ AGARWAL (315 Marks)

Comments

• Some doubtful questions (or atleast answers given by coaching Wallas) are:
    1) Einstein general theory of relativity predicted expansion of universe.
    This can't be true. Infact in his theory he assumed static or steady state universe and inserted a 'cosmological constant'for the same. Confirmed this conjecture with my professor at IISc and TIFR.
    2) 3D printing for data processing still is just a possibility, nothing concrete yet.
    3) salinity if river water due to excessive sand mining.
    I will file my objections soon along with concrete evidences and expert opinions/responses from leading experts. I hope you guys will also take advantage of this facility.
  • @ForumIAS @Neyawn sir please pin it to the top for the helping the students.
    This can't be true. Infact in his theory he assumed static or steady state universe and inserted a 'cosmological constant'for the same. Confirmed this conjecture with my professor at IISc and TIFR.
    2) 3D printing for data processing still is just a possibility, nothing concrete yet.
    I will file my objections soon along with concrete evidences and expert opinions/responses from leading experts. I hope you guys will also take advantage of this facility.

salanity wale mai kya issue hai.?

1- expansion option is wrong
    2- Data processing is wrong
  • @dhruvsharma

Excessive instream sand-and-gravel mining causes the degradation of rivers. Instream mining lowers the stream bottom, which may lead to bank erosion. Depletion of sand in the streambed and along coastal areas causes the deepening of rivers and estuaries, and the enlargement of river mouths and coastal inlets. It may also lead to saline-water intrusion from the nearby sea. The effect of mining is compounded by the effect of sea level rise. Any volume of sand exported from streambeds and coastal areas is a loss to the system.
  • This will be a tussle cum bakar thread. People will suggest some alterations and then others will defend the original thing... UPSC won't give a damn about such bakar... They will stick to their original answer key at all costs and aspirants will have to meekly fall in line...

State PCS should also do the same... All this delay in state PCS exam is due to answer key only... they should release the answer key after final results only, like UPSC.
    I didn't choose the skuxx life, the skuxx life chose me...
  • Like UPSC gives a f..k
  • edited June 5
    Objections will be filed soon, alongwith 7 others of my friends for questions i think are wrongly worded or options are given wrong. Will rope in some more, lets see how upsc reacts!....please do the same. More the merrier.
  • edited June 5
    raekIn said:

@dhruvsharma

Excessive instream sand-and-gravel mining causes the degradation of rivers. Instream mining lowers the stream bottom, which may lead to bank erosion. Depletion of sand in the streambed and along coastal areas causes the deepening of rivers and estuaries, and the enlargement of river mouths and coastal inlets. It may also lead to saline-water intrusion from the nearby sea. The effect of mining is compounded by the effect of sea level rise. Any volume of sand exported from streambeds and coastal areas is a loss to the system.

bur river water main salinity reduce kaise hogi

bhai kisi ne bola tha ka Einstein ne kya bola wo likho...seedha NCERT padhke de dete paper kyun jyada dimaag lagaya fir
    Dar ke jeena bhi kya jeena hai.. aur jee rhe ho agar aese to kya sach mein jee rahe ho...
  • @AGENT_MODI woh tho upsc decide karega ki einstein sahi tha ya tumahare coaching waale!
  • Supreme Court Chalo Bhaiyon Pichli Baar Ki Tarah :D

Einstein didn't predict true. But Einsteins own theory was used to prove universe expansion by Lemaitre and others. So Enisteins general relativity theory can be use do predict universe expansion. Question is not about what Einstein or Edwin Hubble thought about universe expansion.
  • RaufNa said:

Some doubtful questions (or atleast answers given by coaching Wallas) are:

Einstein didn't predict true. But Einsteins own theory was used to prove universe expansion by Lemaitre and others. So Enisteins general relativity theory can be use do predict universe expansion. Question is not about what Einstein or Edwin Hubble thought about universe expansion.
    Exactly, No body cares what Einstein thought about universe. The Questions is about what HIS General Theory of Relativity predicted.
    Answer is D, all of these. Period.
  • @AGENT_MODI woh tho upsc decide karega ki einstein sahi tha ya tumahare coaching waale!

bhai kisne kaha ki coaching wale ne kaha tha..bina coaching kiye hi 1 mains de chuka hun ..bas test series aur basic knowledge ke dam par..tum file krdo representation ..bestofluck
    Dar ke jeena bhi kya jeena hai.. aur jee rhe ho agar aese to kya sach mein jee rahe ho...
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://academy.forumias.com

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog