How to Conquer GS in UPSC Mains, Explained By Anudeep Durishetty AIR 1 CSE 2017 Writing a good Essay in UPSC Mains, Explained by Anudeep Durishetty Answer Writing Focus Group for Mains 2018 – Details DOWNLOAD: UPSC Prelims 2018 GS Paper I UPDATE : Answer Writing Group ( Offline | New Delhi ) Registrations Are Now Open!

Feeling of sdm/co/other pcs posts after Upsc preparation

edited May 16 in Miscellaneous
Hi everybody,
No offences to anybody but just want to understand how it feels working on any pcs post after preparing for Upsc and seeing the Upsc dream shattered.

Some real life examples would be highly appreciated and please don't abuse me it's one of the very important question for Upsc aspirant and it gives very good insight about real world and how it works.

Thanks

Comments

• edited May 18
    Dost SDM bhi IAS se kam nhi hota bahut best post h yaar .. Exam to clerar kro yaar .. Tab feel karna yaar
    Prediction/Astrology/Blessing/Prayer/ FOR Why you born here/Mission/Dream/Carrier/Study/Exam/Jobs/Vehicle/Property/Business/Foreign/Visa/Passport/Girlfriend/Boyfriend/Love/Arrange/Marrige/Divorce/Case
  • guyinblue said:

Hi everybody,
    No offences to anybody but just want to understand how it feels working on any pcs post after preparing for Upsc and seeing the Upsc dream shattered.

Some real life examples would be highly appreciated and please don't abuse me it's one of the very important question for Upsc aspirant and it gives very good insight about real world and how it works.

Thanks

• Bahut accha video h my legal dost
    Prediction/Astrology/Blessing/Prayer/ FOR Why you born here/Mission/Dream/Carrier/Study/Exam/Jobs/Vehicle/Property/Business/Foreign/Visa/Passport/Girlfriend/Boyfriend/Love/Arrange/Marrige/Divorce/Case
  • Sanyasi said:

Dost SDM bhi IAS se kam nhi hota bahut best post h yaar .. Exam to clerar kro yaar .. Tab feel karna yaar

Haan Bhai concur that feeling and I know it's very tough to clear but just wanted to know if persons who are on these posts feel inferior to DM or ssp since the real life experience can be given by current practitioners of both
  • guyinblue said:

Hi everybody,

Thanks

Thanks for this wonderful post :)
  • Actually sdm is a great post.u might be feeling ki if u even get that you will simply have to comply to orders of ias officers which you find equally or even less deserving.this is making you relcutant to even strive for it or the delay or the corruptions in recruitment exercise might be bothering you :). Actually these were exactly my thinking. But now i realize after failing for final selection in psc .There are so much exciting thing to do at ground level :)
    And so much to teach to a trainee ias officer as well being well acquainted to local mileu .this all realization because i have seen someone doing all these exciting things

Shed your filmsy ego and stop suspecting about recruitment process :).

Nothing is equivalent to any rank of upsc but if upsc rejects you 2 3 times and remains one sided crush psc sdm can be a good settlement for marriage :smiley:
  • edited May 16
    Dost UPPCS se agar aap SDM ban jaoge to IAS jaisa feel aayega.. Or Esme bhi Jila chalane ka mauka to milega hi...or DM k under me nhi ... Har post khud me ek power se bandha hua h.. Bas dil me zajba ho.... To govt. Aapko direct promotions de degi ... Aazkal to Judge Rajyapal ban ja rhe h ...like P. Sadashivam... Or Karni saheb ko saza ho ja rhi h... To guru mantra yhi h ki pahle koi seat to lizye.. Sab good hoga dost

Jaha tak raashta dikhai de .waha tak chaliye.. Aage ka rashte bhi khulte jayege..

Good luck god bless you all dost
  • Sanyasi said:

Dost UPPCS se agar aap SDM ban jaoge to IAS jaisa feel aayega.. Or Esme bhi Jila chalane ka mauka to milega hi...or DM k under me nhi ... Har post khud me ek power se bandha hua h.. Bas dil me zajba ho.... To govt. Aapko direct promotions de degi ... Aazkal to Judge Rajyapal ban ja rhe h ...like P. Sadashivam... Or Karni saheb ko saza ho ja rhi h... To guru mantra yhi h ki pahle koi seat to lizye.. Sab good hoga dost

Jaha tak raashta dikhai de .waha tak chaliye.. Aage ka rashte bhi khulte jayege..

Good luck god bless you all dost

Thanks Bhai for the encouragement
  • Actually sdm is a great post.u might be feeling ki if u even get that you will simply have to comply to orders of ias officers which you find equally or even less deserving.this is making you relcutant to even strive for it or the delay or the corruptions in recruitment exercise might be bothering you :). Actually these were exactly my thinking. But now i realize after failing for final selection in psc .There are so much exciting thing to do at ground level :)
    And so much to teach to a trainee ias officer as well being well acquainted to local mileu .this all realization because i have seen someone doing all these exciting things

Shed your filmsy ego and stop suspecting about recruitment process :).

Nothing is equivalent to any rank of upsc but if upsc rejects you 2 3 times and remains one sided crush psc sdm can be a good settlement for marriage :smiley:

Nahin bro Upsc be sab ego khatam kar Diya ab ego nahin hai just doubts hain.aur yes it's good settlement for sure I agree
  • SDM??? Upsc attempt khatam hote hote aisi halat kar deti hai bande ki uske baad choti job milne per bhi insan ko sare sapne poore hote dikhte hain.
    Have seen many high flying, big dreaming, very sophisticated guys who have forgotten all their dreams and are very content with life at very low level jobs compared to SDM (And this is how it should be, how much could one cry).
    Upsc is a fkn slaughterhouse and takes no prisoners. even Bollywood does not show and kill so many dreams nd dreamers.
    E hai mukhergee nagarwa tu dekh babua.Haha
  • After IAS, IPS...SDM, DSP hi worth hai...baki allied me kaun jana chahta hai yaar
    Prelims - 4, Mains - 2, Interview - 1, Service - 0.
    Expecting in Reserve List 2017.

• edited May 16
    | History Optional |
  • World has moved on.

We remained in Indus' Horse.

• World has moved on.

We remained in Indus' Horse.

*remained on

• After IAS, IPS...SDM, DSP hi worth hai...baki allied me kaun jana chahta hai yaar

Funda toh samajh me aya but kaffi log he jinko allied jane me man he , SDM and Dsp sare states me accha nhi hota he , sab states ka apna funda he
    Rank -in 820s(2017)
  • punjab pcs is roughly 100 crores for a 30 year career....conservative estimate
  • punjab pcs is roughly 100 crores for a 30 year career....conservative estimate

Sorry but corruption is not the criteria that I was looking for. My concern was about the way pcs officers are perceived and how they are treated by DM and ssp and other officers.though it does not matter if you work hard.
  • 100 crore dedo mujhe
    jitne marzi galiyan nikaal lena
  • 100 crore dedo mujhe

curruption na karna ye sab " kejriwal k bate hai ji" :trollface: UPSC aspirants sab kejriwal hai.. satta me ate hi rang dikha dete hai
    Cut off - ajgar range :D
  • 100 crore dedo mujhe

curruption na karna ye sab " kejriwal k bate hai ji" :trollface: UPSC aspirants sab kejriwal hai.. satta me ate hi rang dikha dete hai
    AAP ne to free mein ration card tak ni banwaya..
  • Almost all direct SDMs are those who once upon a time tried for IAS. So it is natural that in the initial stages of their career they might feel shortchanged or even resentment against their IAS superiors. But after grind of a few years everyone reconciles to their place. He is doing his job, I am doing mine.
  • It depends upon state and vary from one state to another.
    States like up you might feel good but states like jharkhand and bihar you wont feel good as Ias/Ips lobby is dominating.

Feel of IAS /IPS wont come till the fag end of your career. Even than there is discrimination specially in police if you are a direct recruit ips or promoted .this is the fact.

Rest Sdm up is the best post where you will have some feeling of babushahi.
    IFoS 2017.. :)
  • edited May 18
    007_A said:

It depends upon state and vary from one state to another.
    States like up you might feel good but states like jharkhand and bihar you wont feel good as Ias/Ips lobby is dominating.

Feel of IAS /IPS wont come till the fag end of your career. Even than there is discrimination specially in police if you are a direct recruit ips or promoted .this is the fact.

bang on....In my state Jharkhand....JAS officers have pathetic state of affairs....Due to large cadre size, only 7-8% of the officers make it to the IAS... 90%of the people retire at the level of ADM or at max DDC....so it will be quite a heartburn when a young IAS officer of 29-30 years of the age as an DM will be your boss when you will be around 58-59 years of the age.......Any group A job or even some of the top SSC jobs where one becomes IRS in 15-16 years are both better wrt JAS....I don't know about other states....but I heared that in states like UP and Haryana, it is comparable to any group A central government job and even better than a few of them
  • vandana70 said:

Almost all direct SDMs are those who once upon a time tried for IAS. So it is natural that in the initial stages of their career they might feel shortchanged or even resentment against their IAS superiors. But after grind of a few years everyone reconciles to their place. He is doing his job, I am doing mine.

Yes that maturity comes with the grind that happens in the field and there would be no time to think over such issues.and yes this applies to any level of officer since any fresh mp , mla ,cm or minister can be of less age and can be head of their ministry and then same heartburn can happen with RR guys also.
  • 007_A said:

Yes in some states this is the reality and so nothing can change this and I don't there is much enthusiasm left at the age of 58 for DM post.so anything after 55 is just to prepare for retirement and get retirement benefits sorted.and what about role played when people move from field to secretariat posting since RR people have to move to secretariat at the age of 45 max ?
  • mimansa said:

007_A said:

bang on....In my state Jharkhand....JAS officers have pathetic state of affairs....Due to large cadre size, only 7-8% of the officers make it to the IAS... 90%of the people retire at the level of ADM or at max DDC....so it will be quite a heartburn when a young IAS officer of 29-30 years of the age as an DM will be your boss when you will be around 58-59 years of the age.......Any group A job or even some of the top SSC jobs where one becomes IRS in 15-16 years are both better wrt JAS....I don't know about other states....but I heared that in states like UP and Haryana, it is comparable to any group A central government job and even better than a few of them
    Yes agree to that and there is a good gap between the RR and promotees(sorry I don't mean any offence to anybody here it's just I am short of any appropriate word) in terms of generation gap and other aspects but some states give better opportunities to state officer also.and how does it work when any officrer be it of centre or state moves to secretariat and how and what kind of relationships develop over there ?
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://academy.forumias.com

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog