Registration : Open Test by ForumIAS – May 24 | Online + Offline FEW DAYS BEFORE THE PRELIMS by CSE Rank 373 : SURYAWANSHI MAYUR
Online/Offline Batch Enrollment For Focussed Foundation Program 2019 (limited seats available)
Click Here :- Details | Register | Download Brochure
Unacademy Plus - Live Classes by India’s Best Educators
Seats going fast for all UPSC CSE Prelim's 18 courses. Click on the below link for details -

(1) Last Lap Current Affairs for Prelims 2018           (2) Science and Technology for Mains 2018 & Prelims 2019
(3) Comprehensive module for Ancient, Medieval, Modern History - Pre+Mains    (4) Concepts + latest developments in Environment/Ecology (Pre & Mains)
(5) Class 6-12 NCERT Summary for all the Subjects -Mains 18 & Prelims 19     (6) Important Topics for Mains GS Paper 2 and 3
Learn from India’s Best Educators. Limited Seats! Register now

Public Diary Of Forumites.....

One very good thread by same name was closed and not reopened again.
So taking cue from the same and continuing the personal musings thread
Because a very good part of this prepration consists of thinking , over thinking, self motivation, creative writing etc

p.s. i was just missing the old thread. If that can be reopened there is no need for this one :)

Comments

• I love this thread. :heart:

296 (150+146) in Geography optional and a mean 38 in ethics, I am so mad these days. I was mad before marks declaration too. :mrgreen:

Dear life, be kind to all of us. :mrgreen:
  • edited May 13
    Mulberry said:

I love this thread. :heart:

296 (150+146) in Geography optional and a mean 38 in ethics, I am so mad these days. I was mad before marks declaration too. :mrgreen:

38 in ethics is too less.
    296 in geo suggests that you are not out of your mind.
    What did you do. Call for a recheck or recount (in some imaginary world)
    :)
  • ruush said:

Mulberry said:

I did my best but those were not the best days of my life. I tried. Will try again :mrgreen:
  • Mulberry said:

ruush said:

Mulberry said:

I did my best but those were not the best days of my life. I tried. Will try again :mrgreen:
    Adversities and failures make you a better person. If you are able to come out of it and reach some position where you can help others, you become assets for society.
    So one must overcome. So that others can be helped in much better ways.

All the best ..!
  • I'll whine here after awhile.

Stay tuned!
  • I need to work in isolation. Perseverance demands limited isolation or out of the box mental will.

My day is yet to come. That day, in morning I will roam on my town streets .the sounds of early morning birds will remind me the soft voice of my childhood on the same street.

I will smoke cigarettes in day time on same day. It will remind me how much I have changed .

Between these two events I will go to that goddess durga temple. It will remind me About that girl.

In evening I will go to that hanuman temple. I will try to remember my childhood visits here with my family on priya Bajaj scooter...

That day when I will make it to the list with good rank. It can happen.. It might not :)
  • khagaul said:

I need to work in isolation. Perseverance demands limited isolation or out of the box mental will.

My day is yet to come. That day, in morning I will roam on my town streets .the sounds of early morning birds will remind me the soft voice of my childhood on the same street.

I will smoke cigarettes in day time on same day. It will remind me how much I have changed .

Between these two events I will go to that goddess durga temple. It will remind me About that girl.

In evening I will go to that hanuman temple. I will try to remember my childhood visits here with my family on priya Bajaj scooter...

That day when I will make it to the list with good rank. It can happen.. It might not :)

i too have moon rahu conjuction ..!!!
  • khagaul said:

I need to work in isolation. Perseverance demands limited isolation or out of the box mental will.

Psycology optional lelo.. Will rock. Trust me on that.
  • khagaul said:

khagaul said:

in last attempt ...history optional ..
  • khagaul said:

khagaul said:

Psycology leni thi...
    5th me kaun sa planet hai? Us aspect?
  • khagaul said:

khagaul said:

khagaul said:

Psycology leni thi...
    bhai mai jyotshi nahi hoon ....bs charet ki position yaad hi ...kisi ne point ki thi
  • khagaul said:

khagaul said:

khagaul said:

Psycology leni thi...
    bhai mai jyotshi nahi hoon ....bs charet ki position yaad hi ...kisi ne point ki thi
    Ban Karo yaar @root hum dono ko
  • khagaul said:

khagaul said:

khagaul said:

khagaul said:

Psycology leni thi...
    e mail delete kar do ...mai bhi vahi krne jaa raha hoon ...
  • edited May 13

I'll whine here after awhile.

Stay tuned!

back in action :trollface:
    (ra*** rona !! = this was ur word only, not mine)
  • khagaul said:

khagaul said:

khagaul said:

khagaul said:

Psycology leni thi...
    e mail delete kar do ...mai bhi vahi krne jaa raha hoon ...
    :heartbreak:
  • khagaul said:

khagaul said:

:p psychologist ban jaoge... par ias naaa ho pae ga :trollface:
  • khagaul said:

tell ma about my vrihaspati !!
  • khagaul said:

Chart dikhao
  • khagaul said:

khagaul said:

Chart dikhao
    Why are you back?? Ban karwa rahe the naa!! :(
    You better be careful kid
  • khagaul said:

Which girl??? Dur raho in chudhailo se..... :/
    You better be careful kid
  • :mrgreen: reserving this thread for post 3 june rona.....+ have to read a lot of meaningful things once pre gets over , it's been such a long time and moviesss...yeah :smile:
  • iss saal ke result mein mere kisi jaan pehchaan ka hua nahi thaa isliye main kaafi khush thaa. Fir aaj pataa chala ki mere ek aquaintaince ka selection ho gaya. Kyun!Kyun! Kyun!

Meri uss bande se jyaada baatcheet nahi hoti thi. Bas 1-2 baar hi hamne ek-doosre se batein ki hongi aur woh bhi bohat short casual talk. Frankly speaking, main usko bewakoof samajhtaa thaa. Mujhe hamesha lagtaa thaa ki iska clear nahi hoga aur yeh UPSC ki preparation mein aise hi time waste kar raha hai.

Fir maine uske marks check kiye and he did get very good marks in mains. Maine jo apne mind mein uski image banaa rakhi thi, woh aaj shatter ho gayi. I underestimated him (a lot).

Now I'm feeling as if I am the one who is wasting time.

One positive takeway : If he can clear it, why can't I? UPSC doesn't seem so difficult now :)

The day we decided that the worth of an individual was determined by their performance in an examination, that was the day Education failed us.
  • khagaul said:

Which girl??? Dur raho in chudhailo se..... :/
    +1
    When something is important enough , you do it even if the odds are not in your favor .

• edited May 14
    I am so confused and anxious these days. Upsc has only remained a dream till now. I have worked for it full time and with job too. Have lost some family members recently who were big support. I was not in a very good job, it was manufacturing and had worked in very very tough physical circumstances of high temp and long hours standing and dancing on feet with output production targets. It was becoming difficult to manage until I resigned after I qualified as a PO through ibps. Being an engineer, I never wanted to work in banks and have ridiculed job frankly but private job opened my eyes. Initially i was happy to join some sarkari job with stability as after demonetisation there was a hanging sword of layoffs in our company as we were producing manily for msmes sectors and there was huge loss to company. Anyway, I was happy and my parents too that I don’t have to spend my days as again unemployed during my past preparation phases. I always was in view that people rush to bank to get sarkari job but only to find out later that they prepare whole year for it and start abusing as soon as they join or before joining. Our joining letters are still not out but selected guys in whatsapp group are day and night cursing this job. I try to remain positive mostly but now, their opinions have started to sit deep in. The way they are abusing before joining based on some ‘friend’, ‘cousin’, ‘neighbor’ etc experiences is much worse than I even have ridiculed my past job. Some are saying it is far better to be a railway driver than being a po, or a peon in govt is beeter than po. I don’t have any other option right now as private sector is not doing good, recruitments are freezed despite what claims are made by govt and its social media reporters/supporters. Out of 3 million who sat for ibps exam, 3550 around have qualified. Crores sit for railways and cgl. Mbbs doctors are running in race for constable jobs etc. During this high unemployment scene, I always thought having a sarakri job may make me happy and I am trying to be but most of the selected colleagues are abusing so much that I have started to think have I done right? I don’t have even luxury of leaving job now. I am not afraid of working 12 hours, rural postings, opening closing shutters of bank, giving water to customers, brooming the bank, long sitting hours or working at low salary. Still people leave no stone unturn to say that I am doing ‘biggest mistake’ of my life. Here too in forum, people come and abuse that job as soon as they see bank employee asking for any help. Some say I will end my career, it is trashy sector, worse in India etc etc. My intention to do this job is open finance field for me if not civil services. But they way they are talking i doubt what will be in store.

As far upsc is concerend i don’t have to prepare much except If I take any new optional. Sometimes I think have I really done good by clearing bank exam ? Will i really ruin my career? An I really going to ‘torture’ myself?

This has taken so much effect that I have started to live in anxiety and getting negative thoughts. I don’t know what to do exactly now, just moving with flow.

• best-25-study-rooms-ideas-on-pinterest-home-study-rooms-study.jpg
    736 x 1107 - 75K
    modern-study-room-11122985.jpg
    1300 x 957 - 98K
    13422347_10209880437872307_6596539094542603779_o.jpg
    1080 x 1080 - 96K
  • I am so confused and anxious these days. Upsc has only remained a dream till now. I have worked for it full time and with job too. Have lost some family members recently who were big support. I was not in a very good job, it was manufacturing and had worked in very very tough physical circumstances of high temp and long hours standing and dancing on feet with output production targets. It was becoming difficult to manage until I resigned after I qualified as a PO through ibps. Being an engineer, I never wanted to work in banks and have ridiculed job frankly but private job opened my eyes. Initially i was happy to join some sarkari job with stability as after demonetisation there was a hanging sword of layoffs in our company as we were producing manily for msmes sectors and there was huge loss to company. Anyway, I was happy and my parents too that I don’t have to spend my days as again unemployed during my past preparation phases. I always was in view that people rush to bank to get sarkari job but only to find out later that they prepare whole year for it and start abusing as soon as they join or before joining. Our joining letters are still not out but selected guys in whatsapp group are day and night cursing this job. I try to remain positive mostly but now, their opinions have started to sit deep in. The way they are abusing before joining based on some ‘friend’, ‘cousin’, ‘neighbor’ etc experiences is much worse than I even have ridiculed my past job. Some are saying it is far better to be a railway driver than being a po, or a peon in govt is beeter than po. I don’t have any other option right now as private sector is not doing good, recruitments are freezed despite what claims are made by govt and its social media reporters/supporters. Out of 3 million who sat for ibps exam, 3550 around have qualified. Crores sit for railways and cgl. Mbbs doctors are running in race for constable jobs etc. During this high unemployment scene, I always thought having a sarakri job may make me happy and I am trying to be but most of the selected colleagues are abusing so much that I have started to think have I done right? I don’t have even luxury of leaving job now. I am not afraid of working 12 hours, rural postings, opening closing shutters of bank, giving water to customers, brooming the bank, long sitting hours or working at low salary. Still people leave no stone unturn to say that I am doing ‘biggest mistake’ of my life. Here too in forum, people come and abuse that job as soon as they see bank employee asking for any help. Some say I will end my career, it is trashy sector, worse in India etc etc. My intention to do this job is open finance field for me if not civil services. But they way they are talking i doubt what will be in store.

As far upsc is concerend i don’t have to prepare much except If I take any new optional. Sometimes I think have I really done good by clearing bank exam ? Will i really ruin my career? An I really going to ‘torture’ myself?

This has taken so much effect that I have started to live in anxiety and getting negative thoughts. I don’t know what to do exactly now, just moving with flow.

Bro Same situation is here...I am also selected in PO this time...But As people said in whatsapp group, There are worst situation but in some places, there r also good situation...so hope for the best branch and less work....

And as far as career is concern..focus on upsc, if cleared prelims then go all on mains...otherwise give RBI grade b...The job is very good...
  • I am so confused and anxious these days. Upsc has only remained a dream till now. I have worked for it full time and with job too. Have lost some family members recently who were big support. I was not in a very good job, it was manufacturing and had worked in very very tough physical circumstances of high temp and long hours standing and dancing on feet with output production targets. It was becoming difficult to manage until I resigned after I qualified as a PO through ibps. Being an engineer, I never wanted to work in banks and have ridiculed job frankly but private job opened my eyes. Initially i was happy to join some sarkari job with stability as after demonetisation there was a hanging sword of layoffs in our company as we were producing manily for msmes sectors and there was huge loss to company. Anyway, I was happy and my parents too that I don’t have to spend my days as again unemployed during my past preparation phases. I always was in view that people rush to bank to get sarkari job but only to find out later that they prepare whole year for it and start abusing as soon as they join or before joining. Our joining letters are still not out but selected guys in whatsapp group are day and night cursing this job. I try to remain positive mostly but now, their opinions have started to sit deep in. The way they are abusing before joining based on some ‘friend’, ‘cousin’, ‘neighbor’ etc experiences is much worse than I even have ridiculed my past job. Some are saying it is far better to be a railway driver than being a po, or a peon in govt is beeter than po. I don’t have any other option right now as private sector is not doing good, recruitments are freezed despite what claims are made by govt and its social media reporters/supporters. Out of 3 million who sat for ibps exam, 3550 around have qualified. Crores sit for railways and cgl. Mbbs doctors are running in race for constable jobs etc. During this high unemployment scene, I always thought having a sarakri job may make me happy and I am trying to be but most of the selected colleagues are abusing so much that I have started to think have I done right? I don’t have even luxury of leaving job now. I am not afraid of working 12 hours, rural postings, opening closing shutters of bank, giving water to customers, brooming the bank, long sitting hours or working at low salary. Still people leave no stone unturn to say that I am doing ‘biggest mistake’ of my life. Here too in forum, people come and abuse that job as soon as they see bank employee asking for any help. Some say I will end my career, it is trashy sector, worse in India etc etc. My intention to do this job is open finance field for me if not civil services. But they way they are talking i doubt what will be in store.

Peon n railway driver is better than po. Esse wahiyat line aaj tak nahi suni. Stay away from those gentleman's and do your best for upsc.

All the best

Bro Same situation is here...I am also selected in PO this time...But As people said in whatsapp group, There are worst situation but in some places, there r also good situation...so hope for the best branch and less work....

And as far as career is concern..focus on upsc, if cleared prelims then go all on mains...otherwise give RBI grade b...The job is very good...
    Yes. Upsc he target hai, ho gya toh sahi warna plan b execute krunga.
  • khagaul said:

I am so confused and anxious these days. Upsc has only remained a dream till now. I have worked for it full time and with job too. Have lost some family members recently who were big support. I was not in a very good job, it was manufacturing and had worked in very very tough physical circumstances of high temp and long hours standing and dancing on feet with output production targets. It was becoming difficult to manage until I resigned after I qualified as a PO through ibps. Being an engineer, I never wanted to work in banks and have ridiculed job frankly but private job opened my eyes. Initially i was happy to join some sarkari job with stability as after demonetisation there was a hanging sword of layoffs in our company as we were producing manily for msmes sectors and there was huge loss to company. Anyway, I was happy and my parents too that I don’t have to spend my days as again unemployed during my past preparation phases. I always was in view that people rush to bank to get sarkari job but only to find out later that they prepare whole year for it and start abusing as soon as they join or before joining. Our joining letters are still not out but selected guys in whatsapp group are day and night cursing this job. I try to remain positive mostly but now, their opinions have started to sit deep in. The way they are abusing before joining based on some ‘friend’, ‘cousin’, ‘neighbor’ etc experiences is much worse than I even have ridiculed my past job. Some are saying it is far better to be a railway driver than being a po, or a peon in govt is beeter than po. I don’t have any other option right now as private sector is not doing good, recruitments are freezed despite what claims are made by govt and its social media reporters/supporters. Out of 3 million who sat for ibps exam, 3550 around have qualified. Crores sit for railways and cgl. Mbbs doctors are running in race for constable jobs etc. During this high unemployment scene, I always thought having a sarakri job may make me happy and I am trying to be but most of the selected colleagues are abusing so much that I have started to think have I done right? I don’t have even luxury of leaving job now. I am not afraid of working 12 hours, rural postings, opening closing shutters of bank, giving water to customers, brooming the bank, long sitting hours or working at low salary. Still people leave no stone unturn to say that I am doing ‘biggest mistake’ of my life. Here too in forum, people come and abuse that job as soon as they see bank employee asking for any help. Some say I will end my career, it is trashy sector, worse in India etc etc. My intention to do this job is open finance field for me if not civil services. But they way they are talking i doubt what will be in store.

Peon n railway driver is better than po. Esse wahiyat line aaj tak nahi suni. Stay away from those gentleman's and do your best for upsc.

All the best
    Thanks bhai
  • edited May 14

khagaul said:

khagaul said:

:p psychologist ban jaoge... par ias naaa ho pae ga :trollface:
    by this i meant, one has to become quack-psychologist, then only one can answer the questions of cse, which will fetch marks...

and psychology is one of the most toughest (i know english wise it is incorrect) subject out there to do this... once teacher like mukul pathak sir acknowledged in class...mind, above average , by some degree, can only thrive in this subject... but when people come to take suggestions from him, he says what they already have decided and wanted to hear !!
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog