10 Days to Prelims – 10 Things to Keep in Mind by Anudeep Durishetty CSE 2017 AIR 1
Online/Offline Batch Enrollment For Focussed Foundation Program 2019 (limited seats available)
Click Here :- Details | Register | Download Brochure

Need advice. Eye allergy.

Just few days back I was stuck in storm and considerable stuff got into my eyes. Since than I am having eye running incessantly. What medicines should I take?

Comments

• betty said:

Just few days back I was stuck in storm and considerable stuff got into my eyes. Since than I am having eye running incessantly. What medicines should I take?

Go, see an ophthalmologist. Dont try quick solutions. Eye is a sensitive area.
    One last hurrah...
    One last leap of faith...
    In search of poetic justice.
  • I know i should but I am so scared of doctors now after having seenso many unethical doctors in NCR. Just want to milk patients as much as possible.
    One of my good friend was treated for TB while he was perfectly fine.
  • betty said:

Use refresh tears and if u feel still it hurts go for ciflox .. these are basic medicine first one used by healthy individuals too however if still persists after using drop 2 times wid 4 hour interval plz directly go to doctor
    Your victory is right around the corner. Never give up.
  • betty said:

I know i should but I am so scared of doctors now after having seenso many unethical doctors in NCR. Just want to milk patients as much as possible.
    One of my good friend was treated for TB while he was perfectly fine.

Go to a Government Hospital.
  • don't worry dear everything is gonna be alright :smile: :wink:
  • betty said:

Use refresh tears and if u feel still it hurts go for ciflox .. these are basic medicine first one used by healthy individuals too however if still persists after using drop 2 times wid 4 hour interval plz directly go to doctor
    thanks
  • betty said:

Go to a chemist shop. He will give you some good solution
  • 1. How do you know it's allergy ?

Seeing an opthalmologist would be the best.

If want to try self medication , here is the list of medicines :
    A. Olopat KT
    It reduces redness and eye pain caused by allergy/conjunctivitis
    B. Olopat OD/Winolap DS/Neolap - Just like Olopat KT, these have olopatidine but in double strength of 0.2% w/v, don't have ketorolac that alleviates pain. You can get cheaper variants by stating the salt . There is no substitute for Olopat KT though. All these cost 125-175 each.
    C. Refresh/Everfresh tears are meant for lubricating your eyes . What they use is carboxymethyl cellulose. By stating this dalt , you can get cheaper variants costing around 60 bucks.
    But I don't think you would need lubricant because you don't seem to be complaining of dry eyes.
    If you feel you have dry eyes, I would suggest you to buy Raymoist. That is a better lubricant. Refresh/everfresh/eyelet leave you with a sticky metabolite being excreted by the eyes. Raymoist is better. (Around 250)

But it's better to go to an opthalmologist.

If you still want to self medicate , do this
    Olopat KT twice a day , Raymoist atleast thrice a day.
  • 1. How do you know it's allergy ?

Seeing an opthalmologist would be the best.

If want to try self medication , here is the list of medicines :
    A. Olopat KT
    It reduces redness and eye pain caused by allergy/conjunctivitis
    B. Olopat OD/Winolap DS/Neolap - Just like Olopat KT, these have olopatidine but in double strength of 0.2% w/v, don't have ketorolac that alleviates pain. You can get cheaper variants by stating the salt . There is no substitute for Olopat KT though. All these cost 125-175 each.
    C. Refresh/Everfresh tears are meant for lubricating your eyes . What they use is carboxymethyl cellulose. By stating this dalt , you can get cheaper variants costing around 60 bucks.
    But I don't think you would need lubricant because you don't seem to be complaining of dry eyes.
    If you feel you have dry eyes, I would suggest you to buy Raymoist. That is a better lubricant. Refresh/everfresh/eyelet leave you with a sticky metabolite being excreted by the eyes. Raymoist is better. (Around 250)

But it's better to go to an opthalmologist.

If you still want to self medicate , do this
    Olopat KT twice a day , Raymoist atleast thrice a day.

Thank you very much. Yes actually something very sticky keep coming out of my eyes. I thought it will stop on its own as I had the same problem 2 years ago as well after i visited a forest.
  • Dr. Behal beside Canara Bank ATM
    He's a good doctor. Charge is only 150/-
    Koi soshan nahi karte doctor sahab.
    Trusted by so many aspirants.
    There is no god but God
  • Naina thag lenge ;)
    Zahar hain ya pyar hain tu upsc :/
  • अँखियों से गोली
    अँखियों से गोली मारे

लड़का कमाल राय जी ..........अँखियों से गोली मारे
  • अगर आँख मारने में दिक्कत हो रही है तो मुझसे संपर्क करो
  • betty said:

IMG_20180512_232330.png
    1080 x 1739 - 596K
  • अगर आँख मारने में दिक्कत हो रही है तो मुझसे संपर्क करो

Mera ankh humesha aisa rehta hain ;) laat-sandal kha chuka koi upay bataye prabhu :'(
    Zahar hain ya pyar hain tu upsc :/
  • betty said:

IMG_20180513_000235.png
    1080 x 1748 - 611K
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog