How to Conquer GS in UPSC Mains, Explained By Anudeep Durishetty AIR 1 CSE 2017 Writing a good Essay in UPSC Mains, Explained by Anudeep Durishetty Answer Writing Focus Group for Mains 2018 – Details DOWNLOAD: UPSC Prelims 2018 GS Paper I UPDATE : Answer Writing Group ( Offline | New Delhi ) Registrations Are Now Open!
27 JULY | 200+ Issues for Mains 2018 ForumIAS is conducting classes for Current Affairs Mains. Cover upto 200+ Issues important for Mains , with specific focus on holistic coverage and content differentiation. Attend the first session ( Open to All ) at 11AM, on Friday July 27 at ForumIAS Offline Center, New Delhi.
CLICK HERE to read more and register for the First Open Class

How to manage health, anxiety and study

Hi! I've graduated from India's one of the most premiere institutions. left a handsome paying job after 2 years in Europe. Now it's my last attempt and it's frightening. I've lately developed some health issues too. Doctors say it's due to allergy but it's very irritating. I get anxiety disorder too. I've appeared twice in the interviews. how do you guys balance all? Kindly share your stories. May be we can help each other. Thanks!

Comments

• Rudraa said:

Hi! I've graduated from India's one of the most premiere institutions. left a handsome paying job after 2 years in Europe. Now it's my last attempt and it's frightening. I've lately developed some health issues too. Doctors say it's due to allergy but it's very irritating. I get anxiety disorder too. I've appeared twice in the interviews. how do you guys balance all? Kindly share your stories. May be we can help each other. Thanks!

Apne us premier institute ka naam bataiye ??
  • tasveer said:

Rudraa said:

Hahaa, bhai uski query solve kar yar.
  • tasveer said:

Rudraa said:

IIT Kanpur
    how does this matter here?
  • Rudraa said:

Why you left the job in Europe? What motivated you to join Civil Service? Read Mr GA Blog abt his experience in Civil Services maybe u ll get some motivation to continue or to leave it altogether.

You want to balance ur anxiety- u already have a balanced life bro- even if u fail in this adventure - u ll get a job - and a career - there are many who dont have such luxury. Dont take unnecessary tension - control ur mind - sometimes these health issues are related to depression.

See in life u have 2 option - be scaler or Vector. Now most live a scaler life i.e a life without any direction or objective ; there are few who live vector life - objective life - a life with purpose. What is ur purpose - why u r preparing for Civil Service? Now if u think objectively- u ll find that - as exams are nearing - u ll feeling more tensed - means - lesser productivity- now stress is good ONLY if u can harness it or else - it ll eat up ur time. Objectivity ll tell - keep working hard till pre - u can cry/ burst stress after that - u ll get time.

Anyway - I m sure u know all of these.

PS- Sorry if i sound rude - but I am still NOT able to comprehend why people leave a 6 figure job in Europe for CS - public service can be done in many other ways - and in more efficient ways. ( its a genuine question, do answer if u feel )
  • Rudraa said:

tasveer said:

Rudraa said:

IIT Kanpur
    When it doesn't matter, why did u bring it up?
  • Rudraa said:

Why you left the job in Europe? What motivated you to join Civil Service? Read Mr GA Blog abt his experience in Civil Services maybe u ll get some motivation to continue or to leave it altogether.

You want to balance ur anxiety- u already have a balanced life bro- even if u fail in this adventure - u ll get a job - and a career - there are many who dont have such luxury. Dont take unnecessary tension - control ur mind - sometimes these health issues are related to depression.

See in life u have 2 option - be scaler or Vector. Now most live a scaler life i.e a life without any direction or objective ; there are few who live vector life - objective life - a life with purpose. What is ur purpose - why u r preparing for Civil Service? Now if u think objectively- u ll find that - as exams are nearing - u ll feeling more tensed - means - lesser productivity- now stress is good ONLY if u can harness it or else - it ll eat up ur time. Objectivity ll tell - keep working hard till pre - u can cry/ burst stress after that - u ll get time.

PS- Sorry if i sound rude - but I am still NOT able to comprehend why people leave a 6 figure job in Europe for CS - public service can be done in many other ways - and in more efficient ways. ( its a genuine question, do answer if u feel )

7fdbabdd9d2ab8bde8cd6507bccc644a.jpg
    920 x 593 - 85K

• edited May 10
    Go for this attempt and then if at all luck doesn't favour you,start looking for a job in your field of expertise. Always remember that becoming an IAS doesn't mean you are some God or something. An IAS too retires and then sabke liye normal life hi hain. Power,prestige will be there till the time you are in service,uske baad kya? Take care of yourself and just remember that this is an exam,not an end to life or happiness :) Bhagwan ke liye,don't read any strategy by any topper at this moment. Sabki alag kahani and alag circumstances. Many of them had left their jobs and then they cleared the exam. Just ask yourself that are you in a condition to do so.
    Be humble !!
  • Go for this attempt and then if at all luck doesn't favour you,start looking for a job in your field of expertise. Always remember that becoming an IAS doesn't mean you are some God or something. An IAS too retires and then sabke liye normal life hi hain. Power,prestige will be there till the time you are in service,uske baad kya? Take care of yourself and just remember that this is an exam,not an end to life or happiness :) Bhagwan ke liye,don't read any strategy by any topper at this moment. Sabki alag kahani and alag circumstances. Many of them had left their jobs and then they cleared the exam. Just ask yourself that are you in a condition to do so.

Post retirement benefits.

• Rudraa said:

In the end - Frank said - power is NOT in d office of Prez but outside. It seemed he was referring to business tycoon and other external factors. Isnt thats how US de facto polity works - through big corporates.
  • Rudraa said:

In the end - Frank said - power is NOT in d office of Prez but outside. It seemed he was referring to business tycoon and other external factors. Isnt thats how US de facto polity works - through big corporates.
    Yep

• Rudraa said:

ias and ips can save the poor from the oppression of the rich.scope to work for the downtrodden is huge in civil services. let me give u an example. A retired army person had house infront of engineering college which cm of x state owned. cm tried his level best to get him evacuated from that place. using goondas etc,even used the police. But the dsitrict collector harsh gupta stood behind that family . The family can still be seen staying there meanwhile the compound of the college is curved at that place. get into the shoes of the poor,minority, or dalit for a day and see the agony they go through.

a person staying in rented house was not allowed to keep the dead body of his mother for his relatives to see house owner obstructed to it. But the SP intervened and fixed that idiot owner. There are many ways by which u can help the people in distress.

if u like to do something on international platform choose IFS.....u have to slog for 5 months only till till oct 4...after That u can look for alternate career till then work hard. bye.
    Sabka maalik domino
  • edited May 10

Go for this attempt and then if at all luck doesn't favour you,start looking for a job in your field of expertise. Always remember that becoming an IAS doesn't mean you are some God or something. An IAS too retires and then sabke liye normal life hi hain. Power,prestige will be there till the time you are in service,uske baad kya? Take care of yourself and just remember that this is an exam,not an end to life or happiness :) Bhagwan ke liye,don't read any strategy by any topper at this moment. Sabki alag kahani and alag circumstances. Many of them had left their jobs and then they cleared the exam. Just ask yourself that are you in a condition to do so.

Be humble !!
  • domino said:

Rudraa said:

ias and ips can save the poor from the oppression of the rich.scope to work for the downtrodden is huge in civil services. let me give u an example. A retired army person had house infront of engineering college which cm of x state owned. cm tried his level best to get him evacuated from that place. using goondas etc,even used the police. But the dsitrict collector harsh gupta stood behind that family . The family can still be seen staying there meanwhile the compound of the college is curved at that place. get into the shoes of the poor,minority, or dalit for a day and see the agony they go through.

a person staying in rented house was not allowed to keep the dead body of his mother for his relatives to see house owner obstructed to it. But the SP intervened and fixed that idiot owner. There are many ways by which u can help the people in distress.

if u like to do something on international platform choose IFS.....u have to slog for 5 months only till till oct 4...after That u can look for alternate career till then work hard. bye.
    +1
    Be humble !!
  • edited May 10

domino said:

Rudraa said:

Be humble !!
  • Go for this attempt and then if at all luck doesn't favour you,start looking for a job in your field of expertise. Always remember that becoming an IAS doesn't mean you are some God or something. An IAS too retires and then sabke liye normal life hi hain. Power,prestige will be there till the time you are in service,uske baad kya? Take care of yourself and just remember that this is an exam,not an end to life or happiness :) Bhagwan ke liye,don't read any strategy by any topper at this moment. Sabki alag kahani and alag circumstances. Many of them had left their jobs and then they cleared the exam. Just ask yourself that are you in a condition to do so.

The only thing I want to say is that becoming an IAS is not something that makes one a superhuman. Nothing against your point is view at all though :)
    Even I had nothing against your point of view.

I was trolling.

The only thing I want to say is that becoming an IAS is not something that makes one a superhuman. Nothing against your point is view at all though :)
    Even I had nothing against your point of view.

I was trolling.
    :smiley:
    Be humble !!
  • domino said:

Rudraa said:

We differ in Idea of CS, and idea of public service.
    Public service can b done in other efficient ways. Aruna Roy is one such example- RTI has done something which affects whole country and not just one family or district. That is my point. See if u r in system- u cannot change it - atleast as a civil servant. So Public Service is NOT the sole reason.

And the example we give - SP did that, DM did so and so, I can give u plenty of example where none of CS were involved but still justice was done.

We rely too much on CS for justice- this is where Mai-Baap culture gets in. need for justice shd come from bottom up - from grassroot and for that first thing is - people shd realise injustice in done and justice is needed. Role of CS comes here - to make system as friendly and eemphthetic as possible. But even if they dont- there r other ways - like what Aruna Roy and People did - so here comes d most important factor- education.

So I am not in favour of calling CS as tourch bearer of Justice in India. It is not - it mostly serves its master - Netas.

One thing I would like to clearify here is - it is not a passimistc view but it is how system is - u like it or u dont- u see it and u ignore.

All d best
  • Rudraa said:

Thanks a lot mate! no you weren't rude at all. i understand your emotions. see, civil services to me, like all of us, didn't come from mind. it's all heart and I believe you will be able to relate :) I just wanted to know how people with chronic conditions and anxiety disorder manage to stay focused all the time? I am still able to study for 8-9 hours with 90% concentration but i feel I can do better as I've done it in the past but simply I am not being able to push it to the last gear :(
  • edited May 10
    Rudraa said:

tasveer said:

Rudraa said:

IIT Kanpur
    Are bhai kabhi isne comment kia tha ki
    Mai delhi university se graduate hoon n ol
    Mujhe ni pta tha iske institute badalta rhta hai thread k according :neutral:
  • Ye dekho iska premier instititute
    Screenshot_20180510_124505.png
    540 x 960 - 150K

Thanks mate but please be brutally honest in replying. does these gyans really help? isn't it kinda nirvana to lesser mortals like us? i believe we get inspired by lesser and earthly ideas and heroes than to these devine realities. please don't misunderstand me. Thanks a lot for your time mate :)
  • tasveer said:

Ye dekho iska premier instititute

hahaha I have even posted for rooms in Patna. do we do all the things for ourselves only? but anyways good to know about the Holmes here :p kindly read the topic of this thread which matters and not who I am :)
  • Rudraa said:

tasveer said:

hahaha I have even posted for rooms in Patna. do we do all the things for ourselves only? but anyways good to know about the Holmes here :p kindly read the topic of this thread which matters and not who I am :)
    Bhai dekho ldna to tumhe padega khud se
    Upsc to ek padav hai is yatra ka ...
    Insaan ko khud k upper jeet pani hogi tabhi kuch hoga

Waise agar psycological problem hai to
    Kapal bhati
    And anulom vilom pranayam

Running as much as possible (prefer in the morning )

Yoga aasanas try kro urja se bhar jaoge
    Aur tabahi la doge
    Iske alwa koi rasta ni hai :)
    All the best :)
  • Rudraa said:

Thanks mate but please be brutally honest in replying. does these gyans really help? isn't it kinda nirvana to lesser mortals like us? i believe we get inspired by lesser and earthly ideas and heroes than to these devine realities. please don't misunderstand me. Thanks a lot for your time mate :)
    That's why I said that consider this exam as only an exam and not your life ! I have only 2 attempts left,this one and the one next year, in 2019. What if I fail both the times? I have decided that after appearing this year,I will start looking for a job. To be honest,I myself don't believe in the gyaan others give, especially when it is way too unrealistic :) The only thing you can do at the moment is that you try and study for whatever hours you can. Zyada sochke kuch nahi milega
    Be humble !!
  • Rudraa said:

Rudraa said:

Thanks a lot mate! no you weren't rude at all. i understand your emotions. see, civil services to me, like all of us, didn't come from mind. it's all heart and I believe you will be able to relate :) I just wanted to know how people with chronic conditions and anxiety disorder manage to stay focused all the time? I am still able to study for 8-9 hours with 90% concentration but i feel I can do better as I've done it in the past but simply I am not being able to push it to the last gear :(

fight-club-raymond-k-hessel-challenge.jpg
    2480 x 3508 - 537K

• edited May 10
    We all are fighting a battle with ourselves on a daily basis ! Only you can fight yours. No amount of inspirational videos,gyaan will help us,till the time we start thinking that we are definitely capable of doing something good for ourselves
    Be humble !!
  • Rudraa said:

Rudraa said:

No one can stay focused all the time ! Trust me,you are doing much better in spite of being in adverse conditions like you said.
    Be humble !!
  • We all are fighting a battle with ourselves on a daily basis ! Only you can fight yours. No amount of inspirational videos,gyaan will help us,till the time we start thinking that we are definitely capable of doing something good for ourselves

This really helped :) thanks a lot Richa :) all the very best to you too :)
  • tasveer said:

Rudraa said:

tasveer said:

Bhai dekho ldna to tumhe padega khud se
    Upsc to ek padav hai is yatra ka ...
    Insaan ko khud k upper jeet pani hogi tabhi kuch hoga

Waise agar psycological problem hai to
    Kapal bhati
    And anulom vilom pranayam

Running as much as possible (prefer in the morning )

Yoga aasanas try kro urja se bhar jaoge
    Aur tabahi la doge
    Iske alwa koi rasta ni hai :)
    All the best :)
    Thanks bhai :) wish you the same :)
  • Rudraa said:

We all are fighting a battle with ourselves on a daily basis ! Only you can fight yours. No amount of inspirational videos,gyaan will help us,till the time we start thinking that we are definitely capable of doing something good for ourselves

This really helped :) thanks a lot Richa :) all the very best to you too :)
    Thank you so much :) I can relate to how you are feeling in a way. Just be yourself and never ever try to be a superhuman who does all the right things all the time. We are mortals and will behave accordingly. The more you will try to be guilty about not being able to give in your best,the more problematic things will become. This is just a phase which will pass soon :) Take care of yourself and lots of good wishes to you too
    Be humble !!
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://academy.forumias.com

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog