10 Days to Prelims – 10 Things to Keep in Mind by Anudeep Durishetty CSE 2017 AIR 1
Online/Offline Batch Enrollment For Focussed Foundation Program 2019 (limited seats available)
Click Here :- Details | Register | Download Brochure

Discripency in admit card

Hello..
My name has been wrongly spelt in the admit card. I called UPSC (Farid sir number). The person said after prelims during filling up of mains form write the application and attach class 10th marksheet. It will get corrected. Should I be assured of it? Or is there any other way of rectifying it? Instructions say bring the discripency in the knowledge of UPSC immediately. What to do?
A lion doesn't concern himself with the opinion of the sheeps.

Comments

• Aniket said:

Hello..
    My name has been wrongly spelt in the admit card. I called UPSC (Farid sir number). The person said after prelims during filling up of mains form write the application and attach class 10th marksheet. It will get corrected. Should I be assured of it? Or is there any other way of rectifying it? Instructions say bring the discripency in the knowledge of UPSC immediately. What to do?

Farid sir is no more in upsc
  • Drop a mail straight forward on the given id..
    UPSC_Email.JPG
    645 x 107 - 29K
  • Aniket said:

Hello..

are they released ??
    I shall bomb the world one day !!
  • taliban said:

Aniket said:

Hello..

are they released ??
    Yes, they are..
  • I think the earliest one fills the application form, the farthest exam centre they are allotted by the upsc... :/ ....

I hope it is not the case in mains exam.
    One last hurrah...
    One last leap of faith...
    In search of poetic justice.
  • dpagarwal said:

Aniket said:

Hello..

Farid sir is no more in upsc
    Yes.. he is not there.. but the landline official number is still working with Mr. S.K. Biswas
  • i2wantu said:

I think the earliest one fills the application form, the farthest exam centre they are allotted by the upsc... :/ ....

yes brother.......i got mine too faaaaaar.......filled form within one hour of applications released. :|
  • Drop a mail straight forward on the given id..

This address is not working
  • How have roll numbers been allotted this time? Seems pretty random
  • i2wantu said:

I think the earliest one fills the application form, the farthest exam centre they are allotted by the upsc... :/ ....

yes brother.......i got mine too faaaaaar.......filled form within one hour of applications released. :|
    I too filled it the moment i saw the notification on the website. Anyways....let's conquer this fort...once and for all!!.. B)
    One last hurrah...
  • djikstra said:

How have roll numbers been allotted this time? Seems pretty random

yeah, pretty weird this....seeing my roll number, one would think I filled application form on the last day...it's a six digit number!
    One last hurrah...
  • i2wantu said:

djikstra said:

yeah, pretty weird this....seeing my roll number, one would think I filled application form on the last day...it's a six digit number!
    I filled in the first hour and it's a seven digit number
  • i2wantu said:

i2wantu said:

I too filled it the moment i saw the notification on the website. Anyways....let's conquer this fort...once and for all!!.. B)
    indeed........! sorry for deviating thread from real purpose @Aniket ..........as far i know....it wont be any problem.......call upsc........
  • If filled in 1st week of march got 4 digits roll no.
  • i2wantu said:

True last year learned it...so this time filled form after 10 days...got a centre 4km from my place.

Last year it was 34km from my place..
    Saregamapa upsc ke chakkar mein hogayi budhapa..(26 yr old)
  • djikstra said:

See roll numbers are based on name...last time i wrote exam with the same set of ppl with whom i had written 2016 exam......same faces ....hahaha..
  • domino said:

i2wantu said:

True last year learned it...so this time filled form after 10 days...got a centre 4km from my place.

did you appear in mains last year? that too was in a distant place like prelims?..or is it that the pattern of centre allocation changes for mains?
    One last hurrah...
  • Maine valentines day pe bhara tha, bahot achha roll number aaya hai.
  • i2wantu said:

domino said:

i2wantu said:

did you appear in mains last year? that too was in a distant place like prelims?..or is it that the pattern of centre allocation changes for mains?
    yes wrote mains...mains centre was near to my place.
  • domino said:

i2wantu said:

domino said:

i2wantu said:

yes wrote mains...mains centre was near to my place.
    :)
    One last hurrah...
  • Last time last five digits of my registration id were ..12345 :mrgreen:
    Jo bhi kaho dekh ke accha lagta hai
    There is no god but God
  • edited May 7
    i2wantu said:

last year my mains centre was in rohini roll was in 22k . I live in Noida. It took me 3 hours with all the traffic to reach back home after every day during the mains :(

and now roll in 8 lakhs :neutral: perhaps for mains they will send me to the adjoining state now :neutral:
  • Aniket said:

Hello..

You should write to upsc telling about this issue. If possible visit facilitation counter and submit your representation (keep a copy with you as well) and get an acknowledgement for the same. Need to have a record that you informed upsc.
    One last hurrah...
  • Maine valentines day pe bhara tha, bahot achha roll number aaya hai.

upsc aspirant, aur uski chhoti chhoti khushiyan...
  • prelim ki tyaari kar bhai , jub clear ho jaay tub koi aur tension lena
  • dpagarwal said:

If filled in 1st week of march got 4 digits roll no.

Exam City?
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog