How to Conquer GS in UPSC Mains, Explained By Anudeep Durishetty AIR 1 CSE 2017 Writing a good Essay in UPSC Mains, Explained by Anudeep Durishetty Answer Writing Focus Group for Mains 2018 – Details DOWNLOAD: UPSC Prelims 2018 GS Paper I UPDATE : Answer Writing Group ( Offline | New Delhi ) Registrations Are Now Open!
27 JULY | 200+ Issues for Mains 2018 ForumIAS is conducting classes for Current Affairs Mains. Cover upto 200+ Issues important for Mains , with specific focus on holistic coverage and content differentiation. Attend the first session ( Open to All ) at 11AM, on Friday July 27 at ForumIAS Offline Center, New Delhi.
CLICK HERE to read more and register for the First Open Class

Need advice regarding career/further attempt

Hello Friends,
I need some advice regarding my career. I have been preparing for Civil Services since mid 2015 after quitting my job(worked close to three years). This year(2017-18) was my second attempt and second interview. I had expectations like everyone else who appeared for interview but shattered again. I have started my masters in my domain already this year. But I do not know why I am unable to find interest in my course. Maybe due to some kind of rewiring in my brain after studying for civil services :# . I joined masters because I was devastated after seeing the results last year. I was about to enter a state of clinical depression. I consulted a psychiatrist too and was under medication for sometime during 2017. All these thoughts came to me primarily due to the fear and regret that I have ruined my career by my decision to quit the job.

But now I feel that I should give another try as I have come so far and I also know which area I need improve for mains written(Interview is very dicey I believe). I found that people tried so hard and for so long after seeing the results few days back. I feel as if I am the loser who gave up probably too early and became an escapist.

Since I don’t want to sit idle but also want to give myself a fair chance should I join some coaching institutes? I can teach JEE/NEET students and also polity/economy/geography in GS as think I have good understanding in these subject areas. I have already completed the course for optional and GS so I do not need to have full time preparation.

On the other hand , I can complete my masters and start working in the technical domain(I can but I feel I do not want) and forget about civil services.
Please provide your valuable suggestions and any other path that I can follow.

(Excuse my English)

Comments

• Hello Friends,
    I need some advice regarding my career. I have been preparing for Civil Services since mid 2015 after quitting my job(worked close to three years). This year(2017-18) was my second attempt and second interview. I had expectations like everyone else who appeared for interview but shattered again. I have started my masters in my domain already this year. But I do not know why I am unable to find interest in my course. Maybe due to some kind of rewiring in my brain after studying for civil services :# . I joined masters because I was devastated after seeing the results last year. I was about to enter a state of clinical depression. I consulted a psychiatrist too and was under medication for sometime during 2017. All these thoughts came to me primarily due to the fear and regret that I have ruined my career by my decision to quit the job.

But now I feel that I should give another try as I have come so far and I also know which area I need improve for mains written(Interview is very dicey I believe). I found that people tried so hard and for so long after seeing the results few days back. I feel as if I am the loser who gave up probably too early and became an escapist.

Since I don’t want to sit idle but also want to give myself a fair chance should I join some coaching institutes? I can teach JEE/NEET students and also polity/economy/geography in GS as think I have good understanding in these subject areas. I have already completed the course for optional and GS so I do not need to have full time preparation.

On the other hand , I can complete my masters and start working in the technical domain(I can but I feel I do not want) and forget about civil services.
    Please provide your valuable suggestions and any other path that I can follow.

(Excuse my English)

Hell Yes!

Coaching Centres will drool on a twice interview faced guy.

Excused.

• Hell Yes!

Excused.

Thanks!
    Just checked my mark-sheet. I scored low in GS as expected :( . Interview also proved to be a dampener(132) :'( .
    Any idea from where I can start?
    Will sending emails to coaching institutes with my resume and mark-sheets be of any significance in this regard?
  • Hell Yes!

Excused.

Thanks!
    Just checked my mark-sheet. I scored low in GS as expected :( . Interview also proved to be a dampener(132) :'( .
    Any idea from where I can start?
    Will sending emails to coaching institutes with my resume and mark-sheets be of any significance in this regard?
    http://discuss.forumias.com/discussion/29284/info-desk-regarding-coaching-industry-career-transitionary-permanent/p1

• @GoingLegal
    Thanks! :)
    & ATB!
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://academy.forumias.com

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog