Registration : Open Test by ForumIAS – May 24 | Online + Offline FEW DAYS BEFORE THE PRELIMS by CSE Rank 373 : SURYAWANSHI MAYUR
Online/Offline Batch Enrollment For Focussed Foundation Program 2019 (limited seats available)
Click Here :- Details | Register | Download Brochure
Unacademy Plus - Live Classes by India’s Best Educators
Seats going fast for all UPSC CSE Prelim's 18 courses. Click on the below link for details -

(1) Last Lap Current Affairs for Prelims 2018           (2) Science and Technology for Mains 2018 & Prelims 2019
(3) Comprehensive module for Ancient, Medieval, Modern History - Pre+Mains    (4) Concepts + latest developments in Environment/Ecology (Pre & Mains)
(5) Class 6-12 NCERT Summary for all the Subjects -Mains 18 & Prelims 19     (6) Important Topics for Mains GS Paper 2 and 3
Learn from India’s Best Educators. Limited Seats! Register now

Geography Optional Performance, 2017

congrats to all selected geography optional candidates

please post your rank and strategy

Comments

• @nandini ma'am, you are required here!

Most of us have been waiting for this very moment. Please do share the Geography strategy, as and when you are free. Congratulations again! (^__^)
  • Wakaao said:

@nandini ma'am, you are required here!

Most of us have been waiting for this very moment. Please do share the Geography strategy, as and when you are free. Congratulations again! (^__^)

Eagerly waiting.
    One last hurrah...
    One last leap of faith...
    In search of poetic justice.
  • lot of people from geography
  • i2wantu said:

Wakaao said:

Eagerly waiting.
    :) once the marksheet is released I'll have better clarity on where I stand in geography. But whatever I've learnt about this subject vis a vis the exam I'll definitely share soon :)
    Rank 246, CSE 2017
  • nandini said:

i2wantu said:

Wakaao said:

Eagerly waiting.
    :) once the marksheet is released I'll have better clarity on where I stand in geography. But whatever I've learnt about this subject vis a vis the exam I'll definitely share soon :)
    :)
    One last hurrah...
    One last leap of faith...
    In search of poetic justice.
  • gobardhan said:

lot of people from geography

Tumhara naambahot sahi hai bhai.. गोबर्धन
    There is no god but God
  • drtdrt
    edited April 30
    some of my friends got ranks in 500s. here, on forum, many guys got under 100 also. seems geography performed not that bad.

congrats @Trupence Grasshopper @nandini @amit_m @wegner @jack_dawson

• Geography performed good

2 of my friends under 100 rank

• Geography performed good

2 of my friends under 100 rank

bhai, unki celebration khatam ho jaaye to strategy ke liye request bhej dena
  • edited April 30
  • edited April 30
  • Anyone neesing geo optional books contact immediately
  • Anyone having good marks in Geography paper(esp paper 1) may share his/her strategy
    The day we decided that the worth of an individual was determined by their performance in an examination, that was the day Education failed us.
  • Please share strategy for both papers i got 92+114 for paper1 and2 resp.
  • Plz define good marks in the context of geography.

Anyone having good marks in Geography paper(esp paper 1) may share his/her strategy

• Tamedmind said:

Plz define good marks in the context of geography.

Anyone having good marks in Geography paper(esp paper 1) may share his/her strategy

Yes. What is the range of good marks this year?
    Prelims - 2015 | 2016 | 2017
    Mains - 2016 | 2017
    Interview - 2016
    Final list - X
  • I got 303 = 137+166 in Geography
    I'll definitely share all that I did in geography in a blog post soon and post the link here.
    Rank 246, CSE 2017
  • edited May 11
  • nandini said:

I got 303 = 137+166 in Geography
    I'll definitely share all that I did in geography in a blog post soon and post the link here.

:o extremely good score with such a paper.anyway, congrats...
  • Outstanding score it is.
    nandini said:

• nandini said:

303 in Geography is simply too good!

We need your post sooner, ma'am.
    Work is hard. Distractions are plentiful. And time is short.
    Self-reverence, self-knowledge, self-control; these three alone lead one to sovereign power
    Pre-2, Mains-2, Interview-0, Rank-NA
  • nandini said:

Wow Mam. Exceptional score. Please do share your strategy. Congratulations!
  • nandini said:

Too good.execptional score.
    Congrats
  • Topper of geographary optional.

Screenshot_2018-05-11-15-12-32-572_org.telegram.messenger.png
    1080 x 1920 - 949K
  • 143+146=289
    CSE 2016 Indian Police Service ( IPS )

CSE 2017 Indian Administrative Service (IAS)
  • edited May 11
    P1 150
    P2 168
    Rank 109

Last year: 127 +127
    Rank 109, CSE 2017. Geo.
  • 143+146=289

Sir please share ur strategy when u get time
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog