How to Conquer GS in UPSC Mains, Explained By Anudeep Durishetty AIR 1 CSE 2017 Writing a good Essay in UPSC Mains, Explained by Anudeep Durishetty Answer Writing Focus Group for Mains 2018 – Details DOWNLOAD: UPSC Prelims 2018 GS Paper I UPDATE : Answer Writing Group ( Offline | New Delhi ) Registrations Are Now Open!

Strategy to crack prelims in 52 days?

Couldn't start studying for prelims due to work.

Now I have decided to devote 52 days for prelims.

Which subjects and topics I focus on most?

Gave 2 attempts previously. Failed by few marks.

How do I crack it if I start studying now?

No trolling. Serious advice appreciated.

Comments

• PT365 or some other compilation for current affairs.

Basic books for static portion

Economic survey summary

Any one/two test series

I think you will need to revise every 10 days or so, since you probably cant do the usual practise of leaving last one month to revise.

lakshya toh, har haal mein paana hai :)
  • Plz provide urjent & selective PDF for prelims in hindi medium ... Jise pdhkr paar paya ja ske
    Prediction/Astrology/Blessing/Prayer/ FOR Why you born here/Mission/Dream/Carrier/Study/Exam/Jobs/Vehicle/Property/Business/Foreign/Visa/Passport/Girlfriend/Boyfriend/Love/Arrange/Marrige/Divorce/Case
  • blitzkadu said:

PT365 or some other compilation for current affairs.

Economic survey summary

Any one/two test series

I think you will need to revise every 10 days or so, since you probably cant do the usual practise of leaving last one month to revise.

What about india year book? Are there any 40-50 pages notes of year book 2018?
  • blitzkadu said:

PT365 or some other compilation for current affairs.

Economic survey summary

Any one/two test series

What about india year book? Are there any 40-50 pages notes of year book 2018?
    Yea. You can find on GS Score. But im personally going through the IYB on my own. questions have been coming directly from IYB.
    lakshya toh, har haal mein paana hai :)
  • 2 prevsious aatemp meands already converesud witrgfn basidsc, Ssod stidcck to Currentes Bopklet fossm vsopn 365 and seolve 2 tesys apeper draily
  • Consider 26 days for completion of your syllabus including basic books provided do current from magazine daily like 40 pages till the pre exam. Now 26 days divide days according to subjects concern like polity 5 days...geo 5 days... economy 3days...history 6 days... environment...3 days.. miscellaneous 4 days and now after this 25 days alot half the time you alloted previously in each subject...like 3 days for polity...geo 3days...so on and in the end you will qualify...do current affairs daily 40 pages atleast. Aur koi plan nahi hai whwn you read mutiple subject in a day you won't establish proper link and understanding in particular subject.
  • Couldn't start studying for prelims due to work.

Now I have decided to devote 52 days for prelims.

Which subjects and topics I focus on most?

Gave 2 attempts previously. Failed by few marks.

How do I crack it if I start studying now?

No trolling. Serious advice appreciated.

1. Finish revising the static part as early as possible. Set 3/4 day deadlines for each subject, for example, Modern History takes 3 days, Polity Laxmikanth takes longer(say 6/7days) than that for obvious reasons.
    2. In parallel, pick up current affairs magazines or notes that you have prepared for Prelims. If you haven't made any notes like me, pick up either Vision or Insights compilations from the market. Both serve well for Prelims.
    3. Final missing piece of the puzzle would be a test series. If you have enrolled in one, well and good. Otherwise, pick up test papers from the market and solve them.
    4. So, all in all, one has to make sure that if a question comes from the static portion we should never miss it, PYQ is a must and to calm our nerves in the exam practice tests in a timed environment.
  • For economy for prelims read Crux of Indian Economy for IAS Prelims 2018 download from iasselfstudy.com
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://academy.forumias.com

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog