10 Days to Mains: Don’t Be Intimidated. Be Inspired. By Anudeep Durishetty AIR 1 CSE 2017 CGP 2019 Admission Test | Details Writing a good Essay in UPSC Mains, Explained by Anudeep Durishetty
Current Affairs 2019
We are commencing with the second batch of Current Affairs + Answer Writing from 16th September. Attend the first class free on Sunday, 16th September at 11AM, New Delhi. Click here to know more and register. Click here for details.
MITRA'S IAS - Fresh New batches of PHILOSOPHY from: 27th SEPT(Evening) - 5pm
& 9th OCT (Morning) – 11 am

For more information call us at - Tel. No :- 01145505509, Mob. No-8826469839, 9560928172 or
Mail us at :- mitrasiasclasses@gmail.com
,Website:- www.mitrasias.com

25000/- per month; 9-7 job, 2 months to pre. Should I?

Gave an interview today. Got this offer of 25000 salary, likely to be raised to 30,000 from second month onwards. It's a starting position of management trainee in an HR based company, though I have prior exp. in a different area. The nature of two jobs looks similar as far as my efforts go. Then I was kind of PAing the GM while being a GET, here I'll be PAing the MD-CEO with obviously lesser hypocrisy. There I learnt many things, here also I'll learn as one does while doing any job diligently. There I was at square one at the end of 2 years, here may be, may be not after 2 years, but right now I am at square one.

The prospect of getting back among people is attracting, after a long depressing time in a closet. I was feeling uneasy yesterday about giving interview, about being judged for their requirements, and falling short. I prepared a few basic questions. Told myself - I am the best. Today as I was seated at their place among the employees who were doing I donno what on their desks, told myself again - 'I own this place'. It helped calm nerves, rather conquer nerves. A girl was particulary looking at me once in a while. Felt nice. You can't get this when you have confined yourself to a corner in your home.

Okay, so English rules in this country. And my english was better than the interviewer. I was confident, looking into the eyes and looking at his face with interest, knodding, looked keenly invested in whatever he was saying, while he would try to avoid contact every now and then. The basic preparation and self-awareness helped me in putting forth a coherent case. He told me the position was for the order of 15000/- pm salary. The CEO called me and offered a sales profile, and salary of 25000/- against my admission of 35000/- being the last salary I drew. Came up to 30000/-. I acceded. Then after a non-sensical point (which dawned to me later) transformed it into 25000/- for first month and 30,000/- from second month onwards.

After almost 5 years of passing out of college, 2 years of work exp - I have a job offer of 25000. Pre is 2 months away. Mummy thinks how will I prepare with job and I should reject it. Have also told her casually - haan ye to aise hi gya tha, faaltu job hai. kaun jaega manaa kar dunga. Have felt before, in subtle ways, my parents' discomfirt at me being out of job for so long, and I have also been feeling my edges have become blunt, and I could be becoming more and more 'useless' or unmarketable. May be these are just demons in mind. Today to a slight extent, I felt otherwise. I think I should not join. But perhaps I am going to create a sorry figure at UPSC once again. Have been getting more and more convinced of my incompetence in this competition. Is it also just a demon in my mind? Shall I see otherwise? Or should I join, and see how things go for one month - at job as well as with preparation? Or better have RBI-grade B in mind than this job. I am 25000 worth of a person. How reassuring it is, or it is symptomatic of the mess I am in, or of the mass I possess, despite the mess. What should I do?

Comments

• why people create such type of thread ..god knows .. how people will know what do u think .. what is your worth ..when u urself can not decide ...
  • edited March 29

why people create such type of thread ..god knows .. how people will know what do u think .. what is your worth ..when u urself can not decide ...

why do people say things when they can't say anything and end up saying nothing.
  • edited March 29

why people create such type of thread ..god knows .. how people will know what do u think .. what is your worth ..when u urself can not decide ...

why do people say things when they can't say anything and end up saying nothing.
    okay.. when u can not listen to your parents ... your mom is saying not to join ..will u listen me ??? . u r joining a private firm ..u will be busy there .. if u want to give a serious attempt then dont join .. u can give another interview after prelims if things go wrong .. at present time u r not in dire need of money ..parents are supporting you .... 50 thousands in 2 months will not do wonders in your life ...thats it ..rest i know u will do what u want to do ... this thread is just a random thought of your mind ..thanks ..best wishes
  • edited March 29

okay.. when u can not listen to your parents ... your mom is saying not to join ..will u listen me ??? . u r joining a private firm ..u will be busy there .. if u want to give a serious attempt then dont join .. u can give another interview after prelims if things go wrong .. at present time u r not in dire need of money ..parents are supporting you .... 50 thousands in 2 months will not do wonders in your life ...thats it ..rest i know u will do what u want to do ... this thread is just a random thought of your mind ..thanks ..best wishes
    I am sorry for my rudeness and crass words.
  • Grab it bro...
    Sabka maalik domino
  • You must grab it.. dont leave it...
    Cut off - ajgar range :D
  • Yo dimag se hara hai uski game khatam. He is over and out in preliminary for sure..so you join the job.
  • Dorjay123 said:

Yo dimag se hara hai uski game khatam. He is over and out in preliminary for sure..so you join the job.

Vai me to dil se hara hun :mrgreen: mera kya hoga
    T ↑ [0→1] = T ↓ [1→infinity]
  • It depends on your previous upsc performance + your attitude of learning / trying to rectify mistakes
    Prelims - 4, Mains - 2, Interview - 1, Service - 1 (Reserve List 2017)
  • Gave an interview today. Got this offer of 25000 salary, likely to be raised to 30,000 from second month onwards. It's a starting position of management trainee in an HR based company, though I have prior exp. in a different area. The nature of two jobs looks similar as far as my efforts go. Then I was kind of PAing the GM while being a GET, here I'll be PAing the MD-CEO with obviously lesser hypocrisy. There I learnt many things, here also I'll learn as one does while doing any job diligently. There I was at square one at the end of 2 years, here may be, may be not after 2 years, but right now I am at square one.

The prospect of getting back among people is attracting, after a long depressing time in a closet. I was feeling uneasy yesterday about giving interview, about being judged for their requirements, and falling short. I prepared a few basic questions. Told myself - I am the best. Today as I was seated at their place among the employees who were doing I donno what on their desks, told myself again - 'I own this place'. It helped calm nerves, rather conquer nerves. A girl was particulary looking at me once in a while. Felt nice. You can't get this when you have confined yourself to a corner in your home.

Okay, so English rules in this country. And my english was better than the interviewer. I was confident, looking into the eyes and looking at his face with interest, knodding, looked keenly invested in whatever he was saying, while he would try to avoid contact every now and then. The basic preparation and self-awareness helped me in putting forth a coherent case. He told me the position was for the order of 15000/- pm salary. The CEO called me and offered a sales profile, and salary of 25000/- against my admission of 35000/- being the last salary I drew. Came up to 30000/-. I acceded. Then after a non-sensical point (which dawned to me later) transformed it into 25000/- for first month and 30,000/- from second month onwards.

After almost 5 years of passing out of college, 2 years of work exp - I have a job offer of 25000. Pre is 2 months away. Mummy thinks how will I prepare with job and I should reject it. Have also told her casually - haan ye to aise hi gya tha, faaltu job hai. kaun jaega manaa kar dunga. Have felt before, in subtle ways, my parents' discomfirt at me being out of job for so long, and I have also been feeling my edges have become blunt, and I could be becoming more and more 'useless' or unmarketable. May be these are just demons in mind. Today to a slight extent, I felt otherwise. I think I should not join. But perhaps I am going to create a sorry figure at UPSC once again. Have been getting more and more convinced of my incompetence in this competition. Is it also just a demon in my mind? Shall I see otherwise? Or should I join, and see how things go for one month - at job as well as with preparation? Or better have RBI-grade B in mind than this job. I am 25000 worth of a person. How reassuring it is, or it is symptomatic of the mess I am in, or of the mass I possess, despite the mess. What should I do?

Well it's constructed in a good fashion I mean the words.Anyways ,you said you were in civil service field since from past five years then it's obvious that you may be older person above 26 ,given the unpredictability associated with UPSC nobody knows what will happen better assess yourself first,How many mains have you written?If so with how much marks you missed the mains cut-offs??How is your preparation level now?Are you able to get 125+ in prelims tests?Are you able to complete all the questions in mains?Done and dusted with optionals?? Evaluate on each parameter if your assessment is not meeting better take a break forget upsc this year,go out on to the private sector meanwhile prepare for other state and bank exams get a good package job while working in private sector,if you succeed you will get a strong confidence, maybe govt may increase seats next year who knows.Final words :PS: Don't go by fake confidence try to live in the present situation.All the very best.My best wishes buddy.
  • Take up the job. Decent, formal sector jobs are scarce.
    Deputy Collector and Sub-Divisional Magistrate - Government of Gujarat.
    Prelims - 5; Mains - 3*; Interview - 1; Rank - NA.
  • Dorjay123 said:

Yo dimag se hara hai uski game khatam. He is over and out in preliminary for sure..so you join the job.

Vai me to dil se hara hun :mrgreen: mera kya hoga
    You r also im same boat because ye dil vil kuch nahi hota...sara mind ka khel hai.
  • Gave an interview today. Got this offer of 25000 salary, likely to be raised to 30,000 from second month onwards. It's a starting position of management trainee in an HR based company, though I have prior exp. in a different area. The nature of two jobs looks similar as far as my efforts go. Then I was kind of PAing the GM while being a GET, here I'll be PAing the MD-CEO with obviously lesser hypocrisy. There I learnt many things, here also I'll learn as one does while doing any job diligently. There I was at square one at the end of 2 years, here may be, may be not after 2 years, but right now I am at square one.

Have a word with your folks. If they support you, do not take up the job, but do prepare for other exams, you must be in 26-27 range main, you are eligible for bank, insurance, ssc, rbi grade b or rbi assistant.Do ensure you land up with a public sector job in this cycle. This time all other exam seasons are starting after CSE prelims. To bhai dedo exam fir baaki sab pe lag jao, jab exam cycle complete hoga tab tak agla prelims aa jayega. If you have MBA degree and have specialized in HR, then you also give CBSE NET exam, many PSU(ONGC,PGCIL, RINL) are shortlisting for Management trainee HR via NET this year. I hope this helps you, all the best, padai pe lag jao. Abki baar bedapar.
  • edited March 30
    Yaar yahi situation 2 mahine pehle hoti tab to join karna kafi sahi rehta. But ab kitna sahi hoga pata nahi. Next month se to ye job burdon lagegi.
    Aur pre satisfactorily nikal jaye to Mains obviously higher priority ho jayegi. Pre k baad bhi 1 mahina hi de paoge. Given starting few months are most tedious . To mujhe to lagta hai ki jab itna joblessness sehen kar liya, to kuch time aur sahi.

But haan job depression killer and motivational factor zaroor hogi due to formal public interaction.
  • Take up the job.
    रहो धर्म में धीर, रहो कर्म में वीर
    रखो उन्नत शिर , डरो ना |
  • edited March 31
    @Sandeep1991 and @Seeed gave good advise.... don;t join just for the sake of joining. Although i support joining job but if you are serious with attempt, you will ruin it. You can find this type of job latter. Your mother is right. If you will fall for backup just before most crucial days then my friend, you will not be able to either conc on work and on upsc.

Le lo job
    Upsc with 780 vacancies is wild goose chase don't take too much of risk now

Hey buddy, I'm the last one to share any advice. I have not even reached the hallowed portals of the UPSC building on Shah Jahan Road despite 5 attempts. However, I'll share personal feedback on your current dilemma. I' m a big believer of the concept of "You only get one life" - or as the people nowadays call it YOLO (God, I hate that word)... I left a company which others would give both limbs (and maybe more) for; in order to get more serious about UPSC. This happened after my 4th attempt and 2 Mains. However, I couldn't even clear Pre last year and was without a job for almost two years. I gave up the previous job since I believe that you have one life and the only question that all of us need to answer is this: "30 years from now, when you look back, can your current job make you proud of what you did?" For me, that answer lies with changing people's lives for the better and being an agent of change as a Govt. of India officer definitely fit the bill. Hence, the decision to leave my previous organization for full-time preparation was an easy choice (thanks to the support of the family). My 5th failure has made me wiser and I joined another awesome organization 10 months ago to start supporting myself -- all the while focusing on my 6th and last attempt. Its tough, however, the zeal to bring about a change in the society still lingers.

Bottomline: if you can take out 6-7 hours still (I'm assuming you have completed the basics like NCERT, CA mags, some TS), do join. I spend a good time at work and have found myself to be more organized and sharp-focused on my studies since now I know the value of time.

And yes, you can't say that your worth is 25k. You define your worth. As of now, your worth will be evaluated by your sincerity and hard work. Give it all you have for the next 64 days and see your worth transpire. Feel free to inbox me if I can be of any further help.

Regards,
  • edited April 2
    Thanks everyone, really appreciate all your words. I declined the offer. @mods please close this thread.
This discussion has been closed.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog