Writing a good Essay in UPSC Mains, Explained by Anudeep Durishetty Answer Writing Focus Group for Mains 2018 – Details DOWNLOAD: UPSC Prelims 2018 GS Paper I UPDATE : Answer Writing Group ( Offline | New Delhi ) Registrations Are Now Open! Community Meet 3 – June 10th | 2PM | Meet Anudeep, Abhishek, Sachin, Apurva and Ankita Mishra & the Toppers of CSE 2017

Guidance for future.

Some time back in this forum i asked guidance for bank officers. But did not get much response from presently serving bank.

With Modi coming clear of his intention whatvshould be future course of actiin for people like me stuck in bank. Beacuse one thing is sure that in current situation it is almost impossibke to study anything let alone
CSE. With just 3-4 hours and that too not with sane mind. Public and 10-11 hoyrs of continous computer gazing eats your mind and concentration. Plus 3 hours of traclvelling
People say dont quit but how to mive out of here without studying?
And bank officer who has struggled and came out of this situation kindly shed some words of hope.

Comments

• dpagarwal said:

Some time back in this forum i asked guidance for bank officers. But did not get much response from presently serving bank.

With Modi coming clear of his intention whatvshould be future course of actiin for people like me stuck in bank. Beacuse one thing is sure that in current situation it is almost impossibke to study anything let alone
    CSE. With just 3-4 hours and that too not with sane mind. Public and 10-11 hoyrs of continous computer gazing eats your mind and concentration. Plus 3 hours of traclvelling
    And bank officer who has struggled and came out of this situation kindly shed some words of hope.

A relative of mine who worked as SBI PO landed a 4600 GP Job in Customs through CGL. Now, preparing for UPSC alongside job.

CGL shouldn't be a trouble for a Bank PO.
  • 1ManArmy said:

dpagarwal said:

A relative of mine who worked as SBI PO landed a 4600 GP Job in Customs through CGL. Now, preparing for UPSC alongside job.

If one fills CGL in 2018, he will get joining by the end of 2020. 2016 selected guys are yet to join. Problem is that backup exams should be given from 1st yr of prep itself as the process for exams like SSC.State PSCs drags long.
  • dpagarwal said:

brother best option would be just go on leave without caring. Say my mother/father is very ill and i gotta attend to her & take her to delhi, just go to home and keep sending the applications on a weekly basis. Most of the so-called Working candidates from PSUs who show off that they cleared while working do this stuff. The only issue is that it is a 1 time opportunity. One cant really repeat such absences over multiple attempts.
  • F5 said:

1ManArmy said:

dpagarwal said:

If one fills CGL in 2018, he will get joining by the end of 2020. 2016 selected guys are yet to join. Problem is that backup exams should be given from 1st yr of prep itself as the process for exams like SSC.State PSCs drags long.
    Hmm
  • F5 said:

dpagarwal said:

brother best option would be just go on leave without caring. Say my mother/father is very ill and i gotta attend to her & take her to delhi, just go to home and keep sending the applications on a weekly basis. Most of the so-called Working candidates from PSUs who show off that they cleared while working do this stuff. The only issue is that it is a 1 time opportunity. One cant really repeat such absences over multiple attempts.
    Yes i am thinking of doing the same. But it will have serious ramifications for future if i staty in this bank.
  • dpagarwal said:

Depends a lot on your manager
    Eg i knw people whose branch manager asks only 4-5 hrs of work frm one of guy who had mains this year
    Even let him attend coaching during bank hours (brwnch was small and coaching classes were just couple of meters away)
    Hustle mode..!!
  • There is no work in bank. Hardly 2 hours worth of work.
    2014-1st attempt,mains--pol science

Hahaha. Bhai Nhb and commercial banks have different workload.

Are you talking about mighty SBI or RBI grade B ?? :(
    You better be careful kid

Sir is in NHB
  • dpagarwal said:

There is no work in bank. Hardly 2 hours worth of work.

Sir is in NHB
    Jo bhi karna. Naukari mat chodna.
  • dpagarwal said:

Bhai aap dekh lo ki aapki age kitni hai aur attempt kitne bacche hai, financial condition kaisi hai etc uske baad decision lena
    Aur aapne mujhe apna horoscope dikhaya tha toh Mujhe jo lagaa uske hisaab se advise di thi
  • sss123 said:

dpagarwal said:

Bhai aap dekh lo ki aapki age kitni hai aur attempt kitne bacche hai, financial condition kaisi hai etc uske baad decision lena
    Aur aapne mujhe apna horoscope dikhaya tha toh Mujhe jo lagaa uske hisaab se advise di thi
    Yaar financialy to koi problem nahi hain. Age bhi hain 6-7 saal. Aatempt 5 bache hain. Yaha to fas gaya hun. Ab dil ki baat sunta hun. Man ki sununga to rationalize karne lagta hun
  • dpagarwal said:

sss123 said:

dpagarwal said:

Yaar financialy to koi problem nahi hain. Age bhi hain 6-7 saal. Aatempt 5 bache hain. Yaha to fas gaya hun. Ab dil ki baat sunta hun. Man ki sununga to rationalize karne lagta hun
    Iska matlab aap 25 ke ho?
  • dpagarwal said:

sss123 said:

dpagarwal said:

Kisne attempt de chuke ho aur kitne mains likh chuke ho.optional ki taiyari kaisi hai. Agar same optional pursue Kar rahe ho toh Dinn mein 3 ghante bhi kafi hai. Last 2 mahine mein lwp Lee lena
  • dpagarwal said:

sss123 said:

dpagarwal said:

Sometimes irrationality is required to do extraordinary.
  • sss123 said:

dpagarwal said:

sss123 said:

dpagarwal said:

I mean phir 27 ke baad pressure build hona shuru ho jayegaa
    Aur yaar agar job chodoge toh phir yeh mat dekhna ki mere friends Kiya kar rahe hai.....unse sab contacts khatam kar dena kyunki phir tayyari ka Mann nhi karegaa
    Ek baar apna horoscope yahan post karo main kuch uske hisaab se bataa sakta hun
  • sss123 said:

sss123 said:

dpagarwal said:

sss123 said:

dpagarwal said:

Aur yaar agar job chodoge toh phir yeh mat dekhna ki mere friends Kiya kar rahe hai.....unse sab contacts khatam kar dena kyunki phir tayyari ka Mann nhi karegaa
    Msg karta hun inbox par
  • dpagarwal said:

sss123 said:

sss123 said:

dpagarwal said:

sss123 said:

dpagarwal said:

Msg karta hun inbox par
    @khagaul bhi kar dena for second opinion
  • edited March 13
    dpagarwal said:

F5 said:

dpagarwal said:

Yes i am thinking of doing the same. But it will have serious ramifications for future if i staty in this bank.
    do it. the ramifications will affect you if you continue in the same bank. within bank promotions are slow. Its better to keep on switching banks. after 2 years of job, you're eligible for scale 2 and after 5 years for scale 3 exams. So better depend on open exams and certification for promotions rather than age/experience based internal promotions.

P.S. I was in a public sector bank for 6 months, resigned for the same reason as the job was too hectic. Further it was frustrating due to TPP Selling pressure even during probation.
    P.S. I also took such random off for 2.5 months for the mains 17.
  • dpagarwal said:

F5 said:

dpagarwal said:

do it. the ramifications will affect you if you continue in the same bank. within bank promotions are slow. Its better to keep on switching banks. after 2 years of job, you're eligible for scale 2 and after 5 years for scale 3 exams. So better depend on open exams and certification for promotions rather than age/experience based internal promotions.

P.S. I was in a public sector bank for 6 months, resigned for the same reason as the job was too hectic. Further it was frustrating due to TPP Selling pressure even during probation.
    P.S. I also took such random off for 2.5 months for the mains 17.
    Mere friend ne bhi chodd diya tha within 1 year....he was in SBI
    after that he got 99 %ile in CAT :trollface:

@hummingbird sir

How did you get selected in NHB ? And are you based in Mumbai ?

I ask this because I 'll need to resume working soon to support family. That's why I am exploring these options. A job with less workload will act complementary to Upsc prep.

I did law. Had interned with a law firm and worked wirh them for few months.
    BA History - Political science. LLB. LLM student.
    Optional - History
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://academy.forumias.com

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog