Writing a good Essay in UPSC Mains, Explained by Anudeep Durishetty Answer Writing Focus Group for Mains 2018 – Details DOWNLOAD: UPSC Prelims 2018 GS Paper I UPDATE : Answer Writing Group ( Offline | New Delhi ) Registrations Are Now Open! Community Meet 3 – June 10th | 2PM | Meet Anudeep, Abhishek, Sachin, Apurva and Ankita Mishra & the Toppers of CSE 2017

General, engineer, male, oldie-dilemma

Hi, I am a GEMO. From decent college, working in decent firm on good salary.
My problem is I will be of 30 years by this year's end. I have a hectic job schedule but still I manage to study 5hrs a day. Can take two months leave by March end, compromising my increments.
I have appeared for my state psc interview, resulted awaited.
I have appeared three mains in upsc with no interview call. I skipped 2017 so feel disconnected.
I am unmarried and have no permanent gf.
Now, shall I leave upsc dream. As next year govt may reduce age to 28-30 years .Get satisfied with my job, get married and have kids, see them becoming ias :p

Or shall I hold on this year and give my best. Postponing mainstream life for one more year. Seeing my classmates and juniors getting hitched , honeymoon in exotic locations and reproducing.

Will be grateful for any rationale suggestions. Tia :smile:

Comments

• Unless you have a job which you can't get back. Leave your job..Appear this year and join a similar job in November. Make sure you join before December to avoid giving another attempt. This way you will put your best and you risk loosing only 8 months salary if you don't get selected.
  • Thanks cha-cha.
    Anyone else plz help.
    What's the probability of scrapping this age limit next year. Tia
  • I don't want to be called as bhagora.
    Upsc K Phele had 2years of job experience, so easily got job last year with 6digit salary pm after mains result. Phir chor du. :cry:
    Acchi ladki K chakkar me na Jane kitno ko chora-pakda
    Samajh ni aa raa :neutral:
  • No chance of decreasing age atleast next ye..next yr election year...BJP wont take chance..and baswan report also calls for gradually decreasing the age and not suddenly..it also involves grace period for old timers..so dont wrry abt age reduction
  • I don't want to be called as bhagora.
    Upsc K Phele had 2years of job experience, so easily got job last year with 6digit salary pm after mains result. Phir chor du. :cry:

If that's what you think stop appearing in this exam. Life is all about choices we make. If we go wrong we have to pay the price unless your are Nirav Modi.
  • edited February 16

I don't want to be called as bhagora.

If that's what you think stop appearing in this exam. Life is all about choices we make. If we go wrong we have to pay the price unless your are Nirav Modi.
    Actually I planned to land up with gazated post through state psc by November, so that by December I can leave this corporate life forever. I have a interview result awaited and two mains pending one is uppsc the other has quite unpredictable scenario .
    Let's see what happens. Will take a decision by 19th of this month. To fill upsc or not. ThNx anyway :smile:
  • sajal89 said:

No chance of decreasing age atleast next ye..next yr election year...BJP wont take chance..and baswan report also calls for gradually decreasing the age and not suddenly..it also involves grace period for old timers..so dont wrry abt age reduction

Thnx for enlightenment
  • Any rationale suggestions. Tia
  • @Tera_hi_majnu
    Yaar if I consider whatever you wrote as truth then these are my two words.

Firstly have you benchmarked your answers and knowledge with those who have been selected ?
    Go through the answers of Gaurav Agarwal etc and see whether you match his standards of arguments dimensions and neatness.

Secondly,
    Having a job is the biggest asset yaar, don't leave it. Just cut the linkages and do not ask for work from yourself.
    Studying daily for 6 hours is way more than it is required, but at the same time, you gotta make sure that there is time for nothing else.
    You mentioned some thinhs, like gf and marriage. Yaar it won't be possible to carry all the heck of a burden and also remember the differences between neolithic and Mesolithic ages. These two things cannot go hand in hand.
    So you will have to cut all the linkages your mind may push you towards.

Finally.

It's a all about timely completion of syllabus and rigorous practice through tests.

Having a job means having a career continuity, and having money to eat healthy and save for the future. Look at the positives and stay focused on books.

TC.
    Here, for the second time.
  • study in office ; do duty in odd hours sat/sun .. and study in office .. that way u wont be disturbed and office work will remain too

morale of story : dont let your UPSC quest to disturb you life just carry on , if you destined for UPSC u will make it

UPSC is highly unpredictable .evryone got less then 0.01% of sucess at this point even with all study dont count on it
    “The road to power is paved with hypocrisy, and casualties. Never regret.”
  • Thnx guyz @peterparker89 @frank underwood
    Actually I am also not in position to leave job.
    Ya writing practice is an issue. But, that comes after pre
    Will take decision based on suggestions here.
  • In case if other like minded and well informed souls wants to contribute :smile:
  • What non sense is this. Plz give my name back @Tera_hi_majnu.
    It's embarrassing to continue with Terahi .it sounds like o Rahi o rahi
    Plzz plzz @mods
  • Old at 30? Have you lost it? >_< Don't you know that 30 is the new naughty? (~_^)

Decades back before 1950s when majority of the Indians dumped their overnight-produced yellow mass in the open, mostly along railway tracts, 30 would have been the oldie. Lifespan then was a tad bit more that that of houseflies. Not anymore. You have long years with you. :-D

It's only a matter of a year, and some hard work to actualize your dream. While in job, don't be the smartest. That boss of yours would delegate more responsibilities. Be a piece of furniture. You'll do good. (^__^)
  • "'Old at 30? Have you lost it? >_< Don't you know that 30 is the new naughty? """

yes. arey abhi toh life shuru hui hai. enjoy!
    IPS in making
  • Recently gave vision mock 2 scored just 65 :scream: Now, although gave it in just 45 mins. But excuse apart, I m bit nervous even for the prelims.a chilling fear gripping my spine. In last free test score was 108 :smile: How all of sudden I became this stupid is not known
  • Terahi said:

Recently gave vision mock 2 scored just 65 :scream: Now, although gave it in just 45 mins. But excuse apart, I m bit nervous even for the prelims.a chilling fear gripping my spine. In last free test score was 108 :smile: How all of sudden I became this stupid is not known

So, blame it on the night.....

spent with her. http://discuss.forumias.com/discussion/comment/1579001/#Comment_1579001
  • 1ManArmy said:

Terahi said:

Recently gave vision mock 2 scored just 65 :scream: Now, although gave it in just 45 mins. But excuse apart, I m bit nervous even for the prelims.a chilling fear gripping my spine. In last free test score was 108 :smile: How all of sudden I became this stupid is not known

spent with her. http://discuss.forumias.com/discussion/comment/1579001/#Comment_1579001
    Bhai bhai. You are such a good soul who never denies anyone from ur attention, advices and ofcourse the pun remarks :smiley: Keep rocking :smiley:
  • Terahi said:

1ManArmy said:

Terahi said:

Bhai bhai. You are such a good soul who never denies anyone from ur attention, advices and ofcourse the pun remarks :smiley: Keep rocking :smiley:
    :smile:
  • Terahi said:

Hi, I am a GEMO. From decent college, working in decent firm on good salary.
    My problem is I will be of 30 years by this year's end. I have a hectic job schedule but still I manage to study 5hrs a day. Can take two months leave by March end, compromising my increments.
    I have appeared for my state psc interview, resulted awaited.
    I have appeared three mains in upsc with no interview call. I skipped 2017 so feel disconnected.
    I am unmarried and have no permanent gf.
    Now, shall I leave upsc dream. As next year govt may reduce age to 28-30 years .Get satisfied with my job, get married and have kids, see them becoming ias :p

Or shall I hold on this year and give my best. Postponing mainstream life for one more year. Seeing my classmates and juniors getting hitched , honeymoon in exotic locations and reproducing.

Will be grateful for any rationale suggestions. Tia :smile:

Bhai Manage With Naukari.....Don't Leave the Job at any Goddamn cost.....Strategise time management . All the best .
  • Terahi said:

Thanks cha-cha.
    Anyone else plz help.

Terahi said:

Thanks cha-cha.
    Anyone else plz help.

There's Nothing happening till 2020 as Baswan Sir has said .so chill . Next year Elections hain . So till 2020 it's all freezed and safe .
  • Terahi said:

Thanks cha-cha.
    Anyone else plz help.

Terahi said:

Thanks cha-cha.
    Anyone else plz help.

There's Nothing happening till 2020 as Baswan Sir has said .so chill . Next year Elections hain . So till 2020 it's all freezed and safe .
    Thank u so much for the enlightenment actually it's a big relief for me and alike. This year I am just planning for settlement in government sector. Though will be filling form today.lets see how things materialises. Atb :smile:
  • Terahi said:

Terahi said:

Thanks cha-cha.
    Anyone else plz help.

Terahi said:

Thanks cha-cha.
    Anyone else plz help.

Thank u so much for the enlightenment actually it's a big relief for me and alike. This year I am just planning for settlement in government sector. Though will be filling form today.lets see how things materialises. Atb :smile:
    :)
  • khatrnak combo hai
  • freeman said:

khatrnak combo hai

Fedayeen Nana Diya hain mujhe :neutral:
  • Terahi said:

I also got 101 in test 1, but 73.xx in test 2.... Polity and ecology 15/36........ le dube yaar pura... got 21 manageable questions wrong... At least I could had me 12 right of this fucking 21 wrong... I might had crossed average score of 1000s. Anyway got lacunae in prep
    Cut off - ajgar range :D
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://academy.forumias.com

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog