How to Conquer GS in UPSC Mains, Explained By Anudeep Durishetty AIR 1 CSE 2017 Writing a good Essay in UPSC Mains, Explained by Anudeep Durishetty Answer Writing Focus Group for Mains 2018 – Details DOWNLOAD: UPSC Prelims 2018 GS Paper I UPDATE : Answer Writing Group ( Offline | New Delhi ) Registrations Are Now Open!

Anniversary Thread

Hello folks
It's an open secret that anniversaries are very important for UPSC. Take any Mains or PT paper, you'll find many questions based on anniversaries. And it's quite logical as events gain importance and coverage around anniversaries. Hence this thread is being started to keep track of anniversaries.
We all can post about anniversaries of three years, i.e. this year, next year and next to next year.
This thread is going to help immensely.

To start with, i am posting...

Montreal protocol
It was agreed on 16 September 1987, and entered into force on 1 January 1989, followed by a first meeting in Helsinki, May 1989.

Since then, it has undergone eight revisions, in 1990 (London), 1991 (Nairobi), 1992 (Copenhagen), 1993 (Bangkok), 1995 (Vienna), 1997 (Montreal), 1998 (Australia), 1999 (Beijing) and 2016 (Kigali, adopted, but not in force).

There can be a question based on it in PT or Mains.

Comments

• So much misconception about civil services exam! *Smh*
  • So much misconception about civil services exam! *Smh*

True!
    There is so much misconception.
  • History misconceptions 2017
    3. Why did the ‘Moderates’ failed to carry conviction with the nation about their proclaimed ideology and political goals by the end of the nineteenth century? (110th of Surat split)

4. What problems are germane to the decolonization process in the Malay Peninsula? (60th of Malaysia's independence)

• will be posting more misconceptions.
    3. Why did the ‘Moderates’ failed to carry conviction with the nation about their proclaimed ideology and political goals by the end of the nineteenth century? (110th of Surat split)

4. What problems are germane to the decolonization process in the Malay Peninsula? (60th of Malaysia's independence)

Padh le bhai... These are very basic concepts, which could be found in NCERTs.
    Don't make mockery of this exam and paper setters. It's really laughable. You will realise after writing 2-3 mains.

And how do you decide which year if anniversary is important? Should it be divisible by 10, like 110 or 60? Or it's a AP with 50 as difference like 10,60,110 ??
    Please elucidate us with all such series. I'll prepare all anniversary of every damn sub topic of the syllabus. That way I can easily beat upsc, by a K-O punch. Other wise reading those simple NCERTs and standard books is too tough for me.
    It would be 111th Anniversary of Surat Split :-O , damn this number look sooo special that I must read this petty event of modern India.

Aise prelim nikalna mushkil hai dost. Please padh lo.

Don't make mockery of this exam and paper setters. It's really laughable. You will realise after writing 2-3 mains.

And how do you decide which year if anniversary is important? Should it be divisible by 10, like 110 or 60? Or it's a AP with 50 as difference like 10,60,110 ??
    Please elucidate us with all such series. I'll prepare all anniversary of every damn sub topic of the syllabus. That way I can easily beat upsc, by a K-O punch. Other wise reading those simple NCERTs and standard books is too tough for me.
    It would be 111th Anniversary of Surat Split :-O , damn this number look sooo special that I must read this petty event of modern India.
    Much needed reply

Yes it's really laughable to believe that paper setters don't put any thought while setting papers. Setting paper is a multi prong exercise. It involves thinking from many angles and point of views. Questions are related to Current happenings, recent "Firsts", "Anniversaries" and many more things. We should be mindful of these angles while preparing. We shouldn't limit our preparation to mindless book mugging. One should prepare whole syllabus thoroughly and then stress on some focus areas based on varied angles on which questions are based. No one can prepare each part of syllabus with equal command. It's impossible. If you are capable of reading 200 hundred books and 8000 sub-topics, kudos man. Waise itna jyada padhne sei bhi nahi hota UPSC.

Much needed reply
    Dear have a look at past 5 year's papers you'll get a hang of it.
  • Hot these days - *Operation Cactus*

And dost PT bhi hua hai, Mains bhi likha hai tabhi bata raha hu kya dikkat aati hai.
  • edited February 12
    happy anniversary @Tony Mendez

An Ounce of Action Is Worth a Ton of Theory
  • Abe ye kaisa thread hai.. :lol: @Forumnewbie sahi keh rahe ho aap.. anniversary wala logic lagaya to sab important bhai us hisab se to..
    Prelim-2, Mains-1, Interview- 0.
    Prelim cutoff prediction-
    92-96general
    89-92 obc.
  • Mantodas said:

Abe ye kaisa thread hai.. :lol: @Forumnewbie sahi keh rahe ho aap.. anniversary wala logic lagaya to sab important bhai us hisab se to..

Bhai you have asked a very valid question, ISM isi ko kehte hain. We are more interested in not doing and doing nothing. Anyway this forum isn't for not exploring and discouraging. If you don't find any merit in the idea, you can stay away. It will save your time, energy and spare you sensory overload.
  • Wakaao said:

Hot these days - *Operation Cactus*

+1
  • Those who find merit in the idea plz keep posting.
  • Those who find merit in the idea plz keep posting.

:mrgreen:
    92-96general
    89-92 obc.
  • Mantodas said:

Abe ye kaisa thread hai.. :lol: @Forumnewbie sahi keh rahe ho aap.. anniversary wala logic lagaya to sab important bhai us hisab se to..

Bhai you have asked a very valid question, ISM isi ko kehte hain. We are more interested in not doing and doing nothing. Anyway this forum isn't for not exploring and discouraging. If you don't find any merit in the idea, you can stay away. It will save your time, energy and spare you sensory overload.
    Well, all the best in that case :smile:
    92-96general
    89-92 obc.
  • 30th of
    Basel Convention on the Control of Transboundary Movements of Hazardous Wastes and their Disposal(1989)

40th of
    Convention on the Conservation of Migratory Species of Wild Animals (CMS), Bonn, 1979

And dost PT bhi hua hai, Mains bhi likha hai tabhi bata raha hu kya dikkat aati hai.
    All the best bro. I won't interfere in this grand scheme.

And @Mantodas , I was wrong. I got the enlightenment; going to index all previous year questions with their anniversary number and find a pattern. Then dig on this http://oeisf.org, predict the next number and will conquer upsc with all the glory.
    Kthnxbye.
  • edited February 12
    I hope you guys understand why radars are deployed. Because we don't know from where intrusion may present itself.
  • Hahahaha
  • Shravanbelgola rajyabhishekha!
  • Please concentrate on anniversaries of multiples of 25. I don't think others are important.

25, 50, 75, 100, 125, 150 etc
  • pizzza said:

Please concentrate on anniversaries of multiples of 25. I don't think others are important.

GVIAS said:

Shravanbelgola rajyabhishekha!

+1
  • pizzza said:

Please concentrate on anniversaries of multiples of 25. I don't think others are important.

Also in multiples of 5

• 70th of
    Universal Declaration of Human Rights 1948

• pizzza said:

Also in multiples of 5

5 is too much bro
  • 40th of
    Convention on the Elimination of all Forms of Discrimination Against Women (CEDAW) 1979
  • pizzza said:

pizzza said:

Also in multiples of 5

5 is too much bro
    Can be skipped
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://academy.forumias.com

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog