Last Minute Tips from a First Attempt Rank Holder by CSE Rank 96: Mayur Kathawate
Online/Offline Batch Enrollment For Focussed Foundation Program 2019 (limited seats available)
Click Here :- Details | Register | Download Brochure
Unacademy Plus - Live Classes by India’s Best Educators
Seats going fast for all UPSC CSE Prelim's 18 courses. Click on the below link for details -

(1) Last Lap Current Affairs for Prelims 2018           (2) Science and Technology for Mains 2018 & Prelims 2019
(3) Comprehensive module for Ancient, Medieval, Modern History - Pre+Mains    (4) Concepts + latest developments in Environment/Ecology (Pre & Mains)
(5) Class 6-12 NCERT Summary for all the Subjects -Mains 18 & Prelims 19     (6) Important Topics for Mains GS Paper 2 and 3
Learn from India’s Best Educators. Limited Seats! Register now

OBC CERTIFICATE DATE ISSUE FOR UPSC.

Hi guys,I belong to obc category and while filling upsc form they ask for obc certiifcate issued date.
I have obc certifiacte which was issued in 2005.Do i have to renew my certificate or can use this date only.
Also what is the procedure to do the same and how much it usually takes.?

Comments

• 2005 certificate???? take a bow..
  • apply with the present one....by mains get a new one......ur 2005 certificate will be rejected...ppl here are worried about 2016 certificate.
  • apply with the present one....by mains get a new one......ur 2005 certificate will be rejected...ppl here are worried about 2016 certificate.

Bhai renew kaha hai karu..?
    I mean what is the procedure how many it may take..?

Bhai renew kaha hai karu..?
    I mean what is the procedure how many it may take..?
    go to tahsildar office enquire there...ur certificate cannot be renewed.coz for upsc certificate is issued for employment purpose...in 2005 u might have applied it for education purpose.
  • my DOB is24.05.1983 and i am obc.....so can i apply for civil service 2018....pls give me a reply
  • my DOB is24.05.1983 and i am obc.....so can i apply for civil service 2018....pls give me a reply

Try to apply for the prelims and if form don't get filled up or accepted then you are not eligible for upsc. But apply using same DOB
  • 2005 caste certificate is ok...it is non creamy layer tht should b new or valid for given period...my own caste cert is issued in 2005...for obc non creamy layer matters which should valid for given advt date.
  • the valid nc will itself contain caste cert so no need to worry
  • the valid nc will itself contain caste cert so no need to worry

have u faced any issue during mains???
  • Anybody here who had applied with old one but later submitted new???
  • here in maharashtra earlier they issued seperate caste certificate and seperate non creamy layer....
    since ur caste will remain same throughout...ther is no expiry date mentioned on the said certificate..there is no need of renewal of caste certificate..it is non creamy layer tht is renewd.
    presently..the noncreamylayer certificate itself contains part a as caste certificate(thisone has validity date )...
    so unless u have a valid nc for given date there should b no problem with caste certificate whether issued in 2005 or 2016...u can confirm with district officials or upsc
  • Urgent Query:

Father a Group A state Govt. employee, promoted to group A at the age of 45. Mother a working professional with annual income around 7 lakh per annum. Will I be included in OBC NCL as the income limit has been raised to 8 lakh?

Please reply asap as I have to fill the form. @Ghatnachakra @parrypotter @Dead Man
  • which state do u belong to?
    do read the grs and apply accordingly...
    pdf
    pdf
    201303251539129322.pdf
    1M
    pdf
    pdf
    36036_2_2013-Estt.Res-I-31032016.pdf
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog