Last Minute Tips from a First Attempt Rank Holder by CSE Rank 96: Mayur Kathawate
Online/Offline Batch Enrollment For Focussed Foundation Program 2019 (limited seats available)
Click Here :- Details | Register | Download Brochure
Unacademy Plus - Live Classes by India’s Best Educators
Seats going fast for all UPSC CSE Prelim's 18 courses. Click on the below link for details -

(1) Last Lap Current Affairs for Prelims 2018           (2) Science and Technology for Mains 2018 & Prelims 2019
(3) Comprehensive module for Ancient, Medieval, Modern History - Pre+Mains    (4) Concepts + latest developments in Environment/Ecology (Pre & Mains)
(5) Class 6-12 NCERT Summary for all the Subjects -Mains 18 & Prelims 19     (6) Important Topics for Mains GS Paper 2 and 3
Learn from India’s Best Educators. Limited Seats! Register now

Please share your strategy for CS exam [Read description](Especially those who made it to interview)

edited February 9 in Preparation FAQs
Hello, can some of you who reached till interview stage of civil services exam, share their strategy and list of books read. Please takeout some time for that as it would be really helpful for newcomers. The strategies elsewhere on this forum in my opinion won't fit for current exams, as more focus has been shifted on current affairs

Comments

• Go to insightonindia ...u will get plenty..
  • edited February 9
    kamena said:

Go to insightonindia ...u will get plenty..

Oh ....thanks... I knew of mrunal, didn't knew about insight also had a toppers section. I will have a look now,...thanks again

Edit: Pehla article prha...osi me insight ki coaching ki advertising krdi osne... dubious :(
  • Itne sare hai ...separate wheat from chaff
  • kamena said:

Itne sare hai ...separate wheat from chaff

You right...was doing that....but I wish someone who had made it through mains this year, would have given latest update...in details, that one would have been bit more honest and elaborate than one on the websites like insights and mrunal.. but I guess I would have to rely on that itself...they are good too.
  • Bro.. There is no one way of doing things....read topper strategies, try to find common thread, play on ur strength... There is nothing latest in upsc....every time they surprise us....so best way is to see previous year papers, syllabus....cutoff etc to get an idea
  • edited February 9
    kamena said:

Bro.. There is no one way of doing things....read topper strategies, try to find common thread, play on ur strength... There is nothing latest in upsc....every time they surprise us....so best way is to see previous year papers, syllabus....cutoff etc to get an idea

hmm....but maybe books, magazine etc. there must be some basic must read material. But you are right, maybe I was behaving too lazy to read their stuff and figure out my own strategy ... anyways thanks again for pointers.
  • You're preparing for 19?
  • You're preparing for 19?

I am trying to see if I can make some progress by starting now...then I will go for 2018 itself..else 2019...
  • dapu said:

You're preparing for 19?

I am trying to see if I can make some progress by starting now...then I will go for 2018 itself..else 2019...
    How much have you covered till now?
  • edited February 9

dapu said:

You're preparing for 19?

I had covered some last year in september...since then I have been really busy with work.... I am planning to get back to my notes again by the end of Feb...Had done first few chapters of Laxmikanth and few NCERT books of social sc. and economics I guess
  • nipundeep said:
    That is 2 years old.... I was trying to look at Insights and mrunal for latest, this year's review..
  • dapu said:

dapu said:

You're preparing for 19?

I had covered some last year in september...since then I have been really busy with work.... I am planning to get back to my notes again by the end of Feb...Had done first few chapters of Laxmikanth and few NCERT books of social sc. and economics I guess
    At least you've started. I have to start yet.
  • dapu said:

dapu said:

You're preparing for 19?

I think we can read books, and make notes...maybe if you like my notes and I like your notes...we can refer each other's notes and finish up quickly....
  • dapu said:

dapu said:

dapu said:

You're preparing for 19?

I think we can read books, and make notes...maybe if you like my notes and I like your notes...we can refer each other's notes and finish up quickly....
    Sounds like a good idea n I forgot to tell you one thing I'm preparing in hindi I can use english notes but dunno if you can do the opposite.
    And what Are you doing for geography???
  • edited February 10
    lo
  • lo

Namaste sir
  • lo

Namaste sir
    namaste...galti hogayi .
  • lo

Namaste sir
    namaste...galti hogayi .
    Kar dijiye margdarshan apne mitro ka
    Chadar modi ne to maar hi li h ab apni ranneeti ka hi bakhaan kariye
  • dapu said:

dapu said:

dapu said:

You're preparing for 19?

Sounds like a good idea n I forgot to tell you one thing I'm preparing in hindi I can use english notes but dunno if you can do the opposite.
    And what Are you doing for geography???
    Yea sure no problem..!! abhi to geo shuru ni kia....when i get back to studies...sbse phle eco aur politics khtm kruga...
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog