ForumIAS New Batch Announcement 

MGP Batch C: (Starts 25th January, Ends 17th September)       PLAN DOCUMENT        PAYMENT LINK 
MGP + Batch C: (Starts 25th January, Ends 17th September)    PLAN DOCUMENT        PAYMENT LINK 
MGP Batch C (Rapid): (Starts 25th Jan, Ends 19th Apr)              PLAN DOCUMENT        PAYMENT LINK 

Please help in choosing optionals for Forest Service Exam

Friends,

This is the first time I have decided to apply for IFoS along with civils. Though I have scored consistently high in prelims I had never applied for it as I thought it would affect my Civils (mains) preparation. The change in exam calendar has provided a period of about 2 months to prepare for IFoS mains after Civils mains. Thus I want to pursue IFoS seriously this time.

I have decided upon Forestry as one of the optional. Choosing the second one has been a big challenge. Btw my Civils optional is Sociology. So far based on my research by going through the syllabus, previous question papers I have short listed the following :

1. Geology
2. Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science
3. Zoology
4. Botany

I request you all to please share your views,experience wrt to the above optionals and help me out in selecting the ideal one among them.
I shall bomb the world one day !!

Comments

  • Botany and zoology
  • LGBT said:

    Botany and zoology

    I have already chosen Forestry bro. I only need one more to chose.

    Could you elaborate about the difficulty level,scoring patterns of the above optionals
    I shall bomb the world one day !!
  • taliban said:

    LGBT said:

    Botany and zoology

    I have already chosen Forestry bro. I only need one more to chose.

    Could you elaborate about the difficulty level,scoring patterns of the above optionals
    zoology is easy compared to botany.
  • LGBT said:

    taliban said:

    LGBT said:

    Botany and zoology

    I have already chosen Forestry bro. I only need one more to chose.

    Could you elaborate about the difficulty level,scoring patterns of the above optionals
    zoology is easy compared to botany.
    How does it fare when compared to Geology or Animal Husbandry
    I shall bomb the world one day !!
  • taliban said:

    LGBT said:

    taliban said:

    LGBT said:

    Botany and zoology

    I have already chosen Forestry bro. I only need one more to chose.

    Could you elaborate about the difficulty level,scoring patterns of the above optionals
    zoology is easy compared to botany.
    How does it fare when compared to Geology or Animal Husbandry
    geology is toughest of all the branches so leave it , ek saal mein bhi nahi hoga 2 months is too short. Animal husbandry i have no idea
  • Geology le lo bhai, chota syllabus hai aur samjh bhi ajyega
    There is no god but God
  • amsc said:

    Geology le lo bhai, chota syllabus hai aur samjh bhi ajyega

    Ok bro. Have you appeared for IFoS with Geology ? In that case was your Civils optional geography ?
    I shall bomb the world one day !!
  • LGBT said:

    taliban said:

    LGBT said:

    taliban said:

    LGBT said:

    Botany and zoology

    I have already chosen Forestry bro. I only need one more to chose.

    Could you elaborate about the difficulty level,scoring patterns of the above optionals
    zoology is easy compared to botany.
    How does it fare when compared to Geology or Animal Husbandry
    geology is toughest of all the branches so leave it , ek saal mein bhi nahi hoga 2 months is too short. Animal husbandry i have no idea
    Okay. Thanks for sharing your views.
    I shall bomb the world one day !!
  • bro zoology needs lots and lots of preparation. take it only if you have some kind of background in it.
    or else please consider taking agriculture.
    Saw the passion in my vulnerabilities? Now see the strength in my resolution.
  • bro zoology needs lots and lots of preparation. take it only if you have some kind of background in it.
    or else please consider taking agriculture.

    sabke liye baground chaiye
  • bro zoology needs lots and lots of preparation. take it only if you have some kind of background in it.
    or else please consider taking agriculture.

    I have already chosen Forestry bro..please suggest among Geo/Zoo/Bot
    I shall bomb the world one day !!
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog