Last Minute Tips from a First Attempt Rank Holder by CSE Rank 96: Mayur Kathawate
Online/Offline Batch Enrollment For Focussed Foundation Program 2019 (limited seats available)
Click Here :- Details | Register | Download Brochure
Unacademy Plus - Live Classes by India’s Best Educators
Seats going fast for all UPSC CSE Prelim's 18 courses. Click on the below link for details -

(1) Last Lap Current Affairs for Prelims 2018           (2) Science and Technology for Mains 2018 & Prelims 2019
(3) Comprehensive module for Ancient, Medieval, Modern History - Pre+Mains    (4) Concepts + latest developments in Environment/Ecology (Pre & Mains)
(5) Class 6-12 NCERT Summary for all the Subjects -Mains 18 & Prelims 19     (6) Important Topics for Mains GS Paper 2 and 3
Learn from India’s Best Educators. Limited Seats! Register now

what not to do in CSE 2017 interview ( Board wise ) ?

I have created this thread to highlight what could fetch one low marks in interview .... other candidates could also pool in with their unfavourable expriences ( Board wise )

Comments

• edited February 9
    Board : Arvind saxena sir CSE 2016
    Marks : 138

my observations :
    1) if you are an engineer then you could be asked questions related to civil + elec + new technologies ( arvind sir has degree in civil so mind it)
    2) even if you have answer on your tip of the tongue ....kindly refrain from answering it instantly...it is seen as rude
    3) dont try to create a funny moment, to bring laughter into discussion ...even the chairman laughs ....it can go either way
    4) last year a lady member was present in the board....she is neerja chowdhury ( senior journalist)....one could gauge the ideological leaning of the chairman by her interviews on tv channels....(if it is true that panel members are invited by chairman )
    5) last year during mocks i was told to take a stand on controversies....i was asked about NEET...as suggested in the mock i held my ground....but it would be better if balanced answers are given....dont go just all out if you have taken a stand
    6) brevity is the key ..... speak less + listen more
    7) when we are asked about any issue ....we often have readymade answers to them .....but perhaps it doesnot works everytime.....try to pick up on the hints given by the panelists and narrow down your answers to exactly what he/ she is asking.....no intro+ conclusion ( just to the point ) ...it saves time ....could improve score.
  • other candidates can to share their experiences....it would help everyone of ous..Thank you all
  • Vinay Mittal Sir Board CSE 2016...
    Marks : 149

Some points to focus:
    1. If someone is giving first time, there is more portability that more focus will be on What is written in DAF.
    2. don't be in hurry at least search in mind for best option of answer although it is difficult but we miss the main argument.
    3. Engineers focus on applied and basic part of stream on things which are in front of the eyes of Chairman.
    4. Listen to chairman's word carefully and give answer in order according to question.
    5. Try to satisfy the chairman rest is all good, he/she even don't care after he/she is finished.

Last but not the least, the board chairmen are not free from PREJUDICES and PRE-CONCIEVED NOTIONS. There is a lot of Subjectivity Involved while they decide for marks to be given. So, Don't expect much even if interview is out of the box.
  • edited February 9
    Dillu said:

Vinay Mittal Sir Board CSE 2016...
    Marks : 149

Some points to focus:
    1. If someone is giving first time, there is more portability that more focus will be on What is written in DAF.
    2. don't be in hurry at least search in mind for best option of answer although it is difficult but we miss the main argument.
    3. Engineers focus on applied and basic part of stream on things which are in front of the eyes of Chairman.
    4. Listen to chairman's word carefully and give answer in order according to question.
    5. Try to satisfy the chairman rest is all good, he/she even don't care after he/she is finished.

Last but not the least, the board chairmen are not free from PREJUDICES and PRE-CONCIEVED NOTIONS. There is a lot of Subjectivity Involved while they decide for marks to be given. So, Don't expect much even if interview is out of the box.

TRUE subjectivity involved is high ....so should be try to appear as balanced guy rather than trying to be a salman khan in interview ?
    " 2. don't be in hurry at least search in mind for best option of answer although it is difficult but we miss the main argument." ....most difficult part to practice but it pays off very well. Thank you.

• Interesting thread!

Board : Arvind saxena sir CSE 2016
    Marks : 138

my observations :
    1) if you are an engineer then you could be asked questions related to civil + elec + new technologies ( arvind sir has degree in civil so mind it)
    2) even if you have answer on your tip of the tongue ....kindly refrain from answering it instantly...it is seen as rude
    3) dont try to create a funny moment, to bring laughter into discussion ...even the chairman laughs ....it can go either way
    4) last year a lady member was present in the board....she is neerja chowdhury ( senior journalist)....one could gauge the ideological leaning of the chairman by her interviews on tv channels....(if it is true that panel members are invited by chairman )
    5) last year during mocks i was told to take a stand on controversies....i was asked about NEET...as suggested in the mock i held my ground....but it would be better if balanced answers are given....dont go just all out if you have taken a stand
    6) brevity is the key ..... speak less + listen more
    7) when we are asked about any issue ....we often have readymade answers to them .....but perhaps it doesnot works everytime.....try to pick up on the hints given by the panelists and narrow down your answers to exactly what he/ she is asking.....no intro+ conclusion ( just to the point ) ...it saves time ....could improve score.

It's very good analysis. Each of the points needs separate working on. Hope more people share.
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog