How to Conquer GS in UPSC Mains, Explained By Anudeep Durishetty AIR 1 CSE 2017 Writing a good Essay in UPSC Mains, Explained by Anudeep Durishetty Answer Writing Focus Group for Mains 2018 – Details DOWNLOAD: UPSC Prelims 2018 GS Paper I UPDATE : Answer Writing Group ( Offline | New Delhi ) Registrations Are Now Open!
27 JULY | 200+ Issues for Mains 2018 ForumIAS is conducting classes for Current Affairs Mains. Cover upto 200+ Issues important for Mains , with specific focus on holistic coverage and content differentiation. Attend the first session ( Open to All ) at 11AM, on Friday July 27 at ForumIAS Offline Center, New Delhi.
CLICK HERE to read more and register for the First Open Class

Super 30 (Crowd based closed group for current affairs)

Hello folks
For current, we all read different newspapers, PIB, various magazines and what not under the sun. And invest too much time in that at the cost of other areas. But as a matter of fact we can't cover all of them and lose out on some things always. This problem can be solved by crowd sourced current affairs compilation. It will help in creating a daily repository of current and in keeping track of items published in different sources.
I propose a "Contribution based access" closed group for this purpose.

Scheme of things

There will be a smart filing and access system in place for contribution and accessing Daily current affairs.
Online apps or platforms like Google Docs, Evernote or any other method can be utilised for the purpose.
There can be only 30 members in the group and each member has to submit only 2 to 3 "processed" articles and in lieu of this contribution one can get 20-30 processed articles. All members can access all the content. Every member of the group will get updates as soon as items go live.
There will be a constant vigil on quantity and quality of submissions. Membership will be contribution based, if somebody doesn't contribute or compromises with quality, ze will be giving way to new member in the group.
Each member will be asked for choices and on the basis of choice exercised, they will be given specific areas to cover.
For maximum coverage of current affairs, group will use 4 newspapers- Mint, IE, ToI, Hindu.

Interested people can DM me their email ids, we'll be finalising the modalities soon.

Comments

• ForumIAS, Insights, vision etc.. are doing this consistently for you.. subscribe them.
  • Golem said:

ForumIAS, Insights, vision etc.. are doing this consistently for you.. subscribe them.

Yes. Do not do extra unnecessary labour. Instead of forming group, self study through these onlline resources will yield far better result :)
  • Golem said:

ForumIAS, Insights, vision etc.. are doing this consistently for you.. subscribe them.

+1000

With all due respect I feel the idea fails at the mention of 'super 30'. Because A group of 4-5 people is more than sufficient!!
    And from sources you've mentioned I gather that you are suggesting this for mains! So if its 'Editorials' you are talking about and if its a small group say max 4-5 members,You have my vote! :smile: But I think people are preparing only from POV of prelims approach these days! :smile:
  • Golem said:

Ya they do, but not consistently. In Feb. 2018 FIAS has skipped 4th and 6th. January 1st, 14th, 15th is missing. And story is same for other months. It is also happening with others too. Vision doesn't provide daily current. And most of them are limited to detail coverage of 1 or at max 2 papers. Therefore i proposed this group.

If somebody want's to join the group then ze is welcome.
  • Golem said:

+1000

With all due respect I feel the idea fails at the mention of 'super 30'. Because A group of 4-5 people is more than sufficient!!
    And from sources you've mentioned I gather that you are suggesting this for mains! So if its 'Editorials' you are talking about and if its a small group say max 4-5 members,You have my vote! :smile: But I think people are preparing only from POV of prelims approach these days! :smile:
    The idea is to put in less time and effort and get more in return. And i feel nature of papers, even in PT, has rendered PT/Mains/Interview trichotomy irrelevant. One has to cover things in holistic approach.
  • This group is going to extend its activities to summarizing bulky texts and resources like India after Gandhi and Wonder that was India.
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://academy.forumias.com

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog