Last Minute Tips from a First Attempt Rank Holder by CSE Rank 96: Mayur Kathawate
Online/Offline Batch Enrollment For Focussed Foundation Program 2019 (limited seats available)
Click Here :- Details | Register | Download Brochure
Unacademy Plus - Live Classes by India’s Best Educators
Seats going fast for all UPSC CSE Prelim's 18 courses. Click on the below link for details -

(1) Last Lap Current Affairs for Prelims 2018           (2) Science and Technology for Mains 2018 & Prelims 2019
(3) Comprehensive module for Ancient, Medieval, Modern History - Pre+Mains    (4) Concepts + latest developments in Environment/Ecology (Pre & Mains)
(5) Class 6-12 NCERT Summary for all the Subjects -Mains 18 & Prelims 19     (6) Important Topics for Mains GS Paper 2 and 3
Learn from India’s Best Educators. Limited Seats! Register now

40 LPA

I have a job offer from a top notch international AI firm which is based out of Boston, London and Bangalore. The interviews are done and they are offering me a 40 LPA package at Bangalore. I am tempted to take up this offer but I have worked diligently for over an year for UPSC preparation. My parents want me to take up the job and write UPSC later if I still have the inclination for it. What should I do? Looking for suggestions from people who have been in similar situations who can actually understand the dilemma.

Comments

• people are bidding goodbye to packages of crores of rupees for taking plunge in civil services exam , and here you are stuck at 40 lacs!
  • edited February 6
    Look, 30 lakhs of savings and upsc job later is the best thing that can happen.

If money is not a problem then choose upsc. If you are getting such an offer now, you will probably get similar offers later.

PS: sometimes, a break is all you need to crack upsc. It will give you time to consolidate on little errors that were keeping you out of the game.
    Saw the passion in my vulnerabilities? Now see the strength in my resolution.
  • I would say, take up the job if you are under 23 or over 26! If you are under 23, work for 2-3 years while remaining in touch with the exam syllabus. By that time, optional removal/age confusions etc would be done away with!
    If you are older than 26, chances of insecurity feeling creeping in is huge! 23-26 : If you are confident of getting another job, try your luck in the next attempt itself and decide what to do next, according to the results you reap!

Finally, it should depend on your family, friends and finance!
  • GOSH

Get me one with 40TPA Package.
  • 1ManArmy said:

GOSH

Get me one with 40TPA Package.

:lol:
  • Lion_King said:

I would say, take up the job if you are under 23 or over 26! If you are under 23, work for 2-3 years while remaining in touch with the exam syllabus. By that time, optional removal/age confusions etc would be done away with!
    If you are older than 26, chances of insecurity feeling creeping in is huge! 23-26 : If you are confident of getting another job, try your luck in the next attempt itself and decide what to do next, according to the results you reap!

Finally, it should depend on your family, friends and finance!

+1

Btw, congratulations Hameeda sister. :mrgreen:
  • Pata nahi kyu,but mujhe toh iss post me hi bhott bade scam ki buu aa rahi hai.:P
    Ye Hameeda faadh ke padhti hai,aur maje lene ke liye aise bhott saare post karti hai.
    Prelims=1 ,Mains= 1, Interview=0
    Essay-141 , PSIR Optional.
    Ex-Geography.
  • edited February 6
    bhai tu tax sahi se bhar diyo.... desh ka aise hi bhala ho jaega..

aur bhai laddu thode hi batt rahe hain ias me jo tu 40lpa ki naukri chhod rha..
    Currently reading : Flashboys by Michael Lewis; The Whisperers by Orlando Figes
    Last read : Return of a King by Dalrymple; The Emperor of all Maladies
  • edited February 6

I have a job offer from a top notch international AI firm which is based out of Boston, London and Bangalore. The interviews are done and they are offering me a 40 LPA package at Bangalore. I am tempted to take up this offer but I have worked diligently for over an year for UPSC preparation. My parents want me to take up the job and write UPSC later if I still have the inclination for it. What should I do? Looking for suggestions from people who have been in similar situations who can actually understand the dilemma.

these type of offers are galore these days..My senior who is a UPSC teacher (IITB passout) get 70 LPA upwards..however whenever the UPSC forms are released or whenever UPSC result is published,he cant sleep the night before as it reminds him of his failure.. ..Some IITJEE teachers also get this kind of money..also SSC teachers now a days :D

But if civil service is a passion then these type of offers are peanuts unless u are poor and money is an urgent necessity..

If you are after money then even foreign service officers get good money..they sign 123 agreements while u will be a slave to some MNC..however getting into MEA through SSC is an easier option if u dont get into IFS as an MEA assistant also makes good money
    All exams considered bloody tough in India-CLEARED

CSE '16 rank- In 300s

• Thanks for the responses. I think the summary of the advises is to continue my preparation for Civil Services Examination. I still have time till 21st of this month to make a decision and I know it will haunt me daily. Nevertheless, I will refrain from taking a decision till the last day of the deadline.
  • I have a job offer from a top notch international AI firm which is based out of Boston, London and Bangalore. The interviews are done and they are offering me a 40 LPA package at Bangalore. I am tempted to take up this offer but I have worked diligently for over an year for UPSC preparation. My parents want me to take up the job and write UPSC later if I still have the inclination for it. What should I do? Looking for suggestions from people who have been in similar situations who can actually understand the dilemma.

Just join the job .keep working and make a way mark for yourself in the corporate world.If you still feel passionate later on ,go for civil service.Those who are saying crores salary is being done away,are nothing but frivolous people.Be smart.
  • I have a job offer from a top notch international AI firm which is based out of Boston, London and Bangalore. The interviews are done and they are offering me a 40 LPA package at Bangalore. I am tempted to take up this offer but I have worked diligently for over an year for UPSC preparation. My parents want me to take up the job and write UPSC later if I still have the inclination for it. What should I do? Looking for suggestions from people who have been in similar situations who can actually understand the dilemma.

take the job ; earn money ; save money ; incase you didnt make to UPSC at least u may start a startup and be featured in forbes under 30
    “The road to power is paved with hypocrisy, and casualties. Never regret.”

take the job ; earn money ; save money ; incase you didnt make to UPSC at least u may start a startup and be featured in forbes under 30
    Well said.These people who are advising you to leave Job completely are mad.they hv no plan B.SO BE RATIONAL.

Well said.These people who are advising you to leave Job completely are mad.they hv no plan B.SO BE RATIONAL.
    Don't take him seriously,he is Hameeda,urf Naughty Raja,urf Naughty Rani..:p
    Maze le raha hai..apna khoon mat jalao..
    Study and let him study..:)
    Ex-Geography.

Just join the job. Earning 40lpa at such a young age is a tremendous achievement. After, certain years of experience, your salary will be more than a crore. In short run also, 2 years down the line you will have around 50-60 lakhs as a bank balance. That would be a real confidence booster. You will be able to focus on Civils preparation without any kind of insecurities.
  • Beuce said:

Iss chutiya ka kabhi pre bhi nhn hoga.bhosdi wala harami ki aulaad hai...behan ke laude ki itni gaand maari jayegi ..yahin ORN mei iski maa ki chudaai hogi isk baap ka Lund kaat ke kutton ko khila diya jayega.
    Fir wahi kutte iski behan ki izzat lootenge.
  • Beuce said:

Iss chutiya ka kabhi pre bhi nhn hoga.bhosdi wala harami ki aulaad hai...behan ke laude ki itni gaand maari jayegi ..yahin ORN mei iski maa ki chudaai hogi isk baap ka Lund kaat ke kutton ko khila diya jayega.
    Control bro.
  • Beuce said:

Mere baare mein koi tippani karengi meenakshi jee?
    तदबीर से बिगड़ी हुई तक़दीर बना ले, अपने पे भरोसा है तो एक दाँव लगा ले।
  • Beuce said:

So this is ur anoder ID?

Take the damn job. You can prepare for UPSC alongside too! It's not certain you'll get through CSE anyway. It's mostly luck and risk. Don't give away an easily available job for a mere competitive exam. Be practical.
  • edited February 6

Beuce said:

So this is ur anoder ID?
    Naheen. Bas gaaliyan sunane ka man kr rha tha. I dnt remember the last time kisi ne mujhe gaali di ho. Socha tum iss dhandhe mein achhi ho to why not hear from someone who is the best in the job.
  • Beuce said:

So this is ur anoder ID?
    Naheen. Bas gaaliyan sunane ka man kr rha tha. I dnt remember the last time kisi ne mujhe gaali di ho. Socha tum iss dhandhe mein achhi ho to why not hear from someone who is the best in the job.
    Lolz..I can understand ur fantasy .it feels really gud when a girl abuses between the sheets.I also like it when abused and roughed up.
  • edited February 7

Beuce said:

So this is ur anoder ID?
    Lolz..I can understand ur fantasy .it feels really gud when a girl abuses between the sheets.I also like it when abused and roughed up.
    Come to me. I will pour hot wax into your asshole. :mrgreen:
  • Beuce said:

It's true bey. Itna underestimate kyu karte ho tum logon ko?
  • Beuce said:

It's true bey. Itna underestimate kyu karte ho tum logon ko?
    Chal na. :p
    I know you are a big mastikhor..and its good to be that way,while preparing for an exam,which often gets you anxious. Isme underestimation ka kuch bhi nahi hai beghum..:p You will do very well in the exams..
    Ex-Geography.
  • Beuce said:

So this is ur anoder ID?
    Come to me. I will pour hot wax into your asshole. :mrgreen:
    That's not my cup of tea..so painful it is!!
  • edited February 7

Beuce said:

So this is ur anoder ID?
    Bas kar bas kar. Rulaegi kya. :lol:
  • I am taking up the job. Only 782 vacancies. Bye Bye Forumias.

exactly, shut up and take it :D
    Saw the passion in my vulnerabilities? Now see the strength in my resolution.

exactly, shut up and take it :D
    Yeah. But I will write the exam just because I prepared.
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog