Writing a good Essay in UPSC Mains, Explained by Anudeep Durishetty Answer Writing Focus Group for Mains 2018 – Details DOWNLOAD: UPSC Prelims 2018 GS Paper I UPDATE : Answer Writing Group ( Offline | New Delhi ) Registrations Are Now Open!
GUIDANCE IAS Geography(Opt.) @500+ Programme STARTS ON 26th JUNE 9:30 AM.
Venue:   11/5-B, Basement, Param Tower , Pusa Road, Delhi 110005. Call (+91)-9718793363, 011-45586829. Geography(Opt.) Online / Offline Test Series
& Daily Mapwork Program Online
To Enroll Click Here
Top 4 scorers in Geography (Opt.) are Guidance IAS Students: AIR 5 PRATHAM KAUSHIK (327 Marks); AIR 109 DHRUV MISHRA (318 Marks); AIR 411 SAI KIRAN D.N. (316 Marks); AIR 423 DHEERAJ AGARWAL (315 Marks)

Can anyone explain the meaning of this question of mains 2017 philo

What will be the authority and acceptance of the absolute ethical values in the non-theological system of social practices?Discuss.

What are they trying to ask.
You wouldn't like me when i'm angry Because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources. |Philosophy|

Comments

• In simple words, the question is asking about the relevance of ethics in religions/institutions which are non theological in nature, i.e. Buddhism, Jainism, Atheism, Taoism, Bahaism, etc.

So basically you have to use your "religion and morality" notes and construct your answer accordingly. In my opinion the question is a little subjective and answers would have varied according to how people interpreted it. However, as long as we don't write generic things I think it's possible to construct a good answer on the spot in the exam.

Disclaimer: Don't think I attempted this in mains. Can't remember though.
    "I watched C beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. Now all those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain"
  • @Arsenal752 thanks bhai...one more thing in the q...can a religious persontake an elastic view about religious ideals,principles and practices etc. which are supposed to be eternal?will it makereligion progressive or demolish its authority.critically analyse..here also morality and religion will be used and more...how did you approach this question.
    You wouldn't like me when i'm angry Because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources. |Philosophy|
  • Quite similar answer and approach for both the above questions bhai. I don't remember exactly what I attempted and wrote, but the premise is the same. Just used notes ka knowledge and made answer on the spot.

Also, I planned to attempt 3 from religion and 2 from socio political but all religion questions started looking the same to me in the exam hall with minor differences so as I didn't have enough material I had to attempt socio political instead. Strategy went out of the window and attempted 3 from socio political and 2 from religion.
    "I watched C beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. Now all those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain"
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://academy.forumias.com

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog