MGP/MGP+ 2018 - Starts 18th Nov - Admissions Open.
Admissions for MGP/MGP+ 2018 are now open. Course begins from 18th Nov, 2018. Read Complete details here. To subscribe visit http://instamojo.com/ForumIAS

Review needed | Economics (Ramesh Singh) & Geography (Neetu Singh)

edited November 2013 in Coaching & Websites
i'm a fresher, planning to join Economics by ramesh singh and Geography by neetu singh GS modules starting mid-December.

Economics : taken by the great author of Indian Economy by TMH publications. so,i'm afraid, he puts back his book religiously in the classroom. which,by the way can be studied by self preparation.
Geography : there are mixed reviews about her teaching style. some say, she's the best and others monotonous.

Seniors/past students, please kindly suggest me .

Comments

• someone please comment.
  • edited November 2013
    @vinod
    Have you begun studying economics & geography? The thing is coaching for GS does not help much if one is not thorough with the syllabus. Coaching institutes make you believe that you cannot do without them, but it's just the opposite. You could get their notes and start referring books as and when required. Whether you are attending classes or preparing by self-study, the maximum effort has to be yours. Coaching teachers may or may not give you the special attention that you require i.e. they might not clear your doubts. The choice is yours.
    One is not born, but rather becomes, a woman.
  • edited November 2013
    someone please comment.
    Also, be patient.
    :))
    CSM-2014
    CSM-2015
  • @KD123 : well, i had to post something to bring back my discussion to page 1 ;)
  • @Nasela_Batman : Neetu Singh modules a "big no". Is she that bad ?
  • Dear, first of all it is not necessary that a good writer be also a good teacher.And as far Ramesh sir is concerned,I've taken his class and i wasted my 10.5k .Not only his teaching style or method is poor but also his communication skill is not at desired level.He uses wrong tense in his sentences.He is now reduced his fee also. So you can understand.Nitu singh is much better than him.She was very helpful but of course not on stupid question.Her teaching syllabus is based on previous year question.But you can consider her or sabir sir.
  • Hi,
    Please review how are the classes of Ramesh singh, people who have completed his batches lately? I am planning to join the 5th May batch. Although i see a review above but its hard to take a decision based on review by one person only.
    Suggestions of any other class in ORN is also welcome.
    P.S. I tried doing economy by myself but found it hard and now wish to take help of these classes.

Thanks
  • Join Neetu Singh and Ramesh Singh if
    you have
    1)money to waste
    2)time to waste

• @Suarez
    Thanks for the reply but please elaborate a little on how Ramesh singh's classes are a waste ?
  • What are d other options for economy nd geography modules den????
  • too much confusion ...can't shortlist a good module ...friends help me out !!!!
  • I need her(neetu singh) module 3 notes ..anyone joining her classes from may 20
  • edited April 2015
    btw she is not bad just too pricey ..24000 only for pre...
  • Join Neetu Singh and Ramesh Singh if
    you have
    1)money to waste
    2)time to waste
    +1

Just to add
    I attended ramesh singh classes a year ago when fees were a lil lower..now hez charging double of what he charged before..
    His pronounciation ( just a few can understand what hez saying..i couldnt half the time ) and his constant boasting about himself is just is a complete no no for many aspirants...
    Its ok to fail once but Dont Quit..else how will u taste the sweetness of the success that awaits you if you Quit !
  • Thanks @siddy248
    I understand that he is boastful of himself and has bad pronunciation, but would you also please elaborate in terms of the content that he teaches and the coverage of syllabus along with the answer writing practice and evaluation.
  • Thanks @siddy248
    I understand that he is boastful of himself and has bad pronunciation, but would you also please elaborate in terms of the content that he teaches and the coverage of syllabus along with the answer writing practice and evaluation.
    He is good in reviewing the answers and points out ur mistakes and improvement requirement if any..he does check all answers and i mean i submitted nearly every day for 2 weeks..
    and all were checked..

he teaches well..he has immense knowledge and clears ur doubts too..he is student friendly and entertains ur queries for which he gives enough time...
    Its ok to fail once but Dont Quit..else how will u taste the sweetness of the success that awaits you if you Quit !
  • edited April 2015
    what r d best modules available for geography and economics in delhi ....plz help... confused about coachings...
  • edited April 4
    How good is Neetu Singh for Geography module for GS?
  • I think for Economy module, Erudition IAS is the best. Vivek sir teaches very well clearing all the concepts and also provides notes.
  • I would like to know good modules for GS and mains. Can anyone help? Please
  • too much confusion ...can't shortlist a good module ...friends help me out !!!!

Can anyone help with that?
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog