10 Days to Prelims – 10 Things to Keep in Mind by Anudeep Durishetty CSE 2017 AIR 1
MITRA'S IAS - Fresh batch of Philosophy from10th JUNE(Evening) -5:15 pm & 14th JUNE(Morning)– 11 am
                                                " Highest marks 306 by Juhi Jalota rank 122 "

For more information call us at - Tel. No :- 01145505509, Mob. No-8826469839, 9560928172 or
Mail us at :- mitrasiasclasses@gmail.com
,Website:- www.mitrasias.com
To know her strategy &answersheet: CLICK HERE

obc certificate for prelims 2018

i have obc certificate issued on oct 2016...can i use it to apply for the exam. ?? plz experienced candidates guide.

Comments

• i have obc certificate issued on oct 2016...can i use it to apply for the exam. ?? plz experienced candidates guide.

Apply with that certificate but make sure you get the latest one before filling mains form.
  • Dead Man said:

i have obc certificate issued on oct 2016...can i use it to apply for the exam. ?? plz experienced candidates guide.

Apply with that certificate but make sure you get the latest one before filling mains form.
    Bhai padhai or naukri ke liye alag alag certificate hota hai kya..?
  • i have obc certificate issued on oct 2016...can i use it to apply for the exam. ?? plz experienced candidates guide.

Yes. There is no time limit for UPSC. For RBI and banking exams its 1 year
    Excise Inspector (Abkari) | History Optional |
  • Ant_Man said:

Bhai that means i can apply with my 2005 certificate..?
    Please help . kaafi confusion hai regarding certificate.
  • Ant_Man said:

Apply. Get the latest one before submission of daf
  • Ant_Man said:

Replied to your pm
    Excise Inspector (Abkari) | History Optional |
  • Urgent Query:

Father a Group A state Govt. employee, promoted to group A at the age of 45. Mother a working professional with annual income around 7 lakh per annum. Will I be included in OBC NCL as the income limit has been raised to 8 lakh?

Please reply ASAP if anyone knows about this! @Ant_Man @Mulberry
  • edited February 12
    Dead Man said:

kyo mains meh purani date nahi dal sakte kya (OBC certificate ki)...........agar nahi toh kitna latest hona chiyyee OBC certificate....
  • Urgent Query:

Father a Group A state Govt. employee, promoted to group A at the age of 45. Mother a working professional with annual income around 7 lakh per annum. Will I be included in OBC NCL as the income limit has been raised to 8 lakh?

No.
  • Dead Man said:

kyo mains meh purani date nahi dal sakte kya (OBC certificate ki)...........agar nahi toh kitna latest hona chiyyee OBC certificate....
    You can put any date. But by interview, get the latest one.
  • Mulberry said:

Dead Man said:

In that case, why is it written in the Notification that "all documents related to caste etc should be dated before the last date for filling up the application" for the Preliminary examination???? Won't it be a contradiction to the Notification id we give a date which is later than the Last Date of Applying for Prelims???? Pls Help brother... I'm in Dilmemma
  • edited February 16
    BijuDada said:

Mulberry said:

Dead Man said:

In that case, why is it written in the Notification that "all documents related to caste etc should be dated before the last date for filling up the application" for the Preliminary examination???? Won't it be a contradiction to the Notification id we give a date which is later than the Last Date of Applying for Prelims???? Pls Help brother... I'm in Dilmemma
    Are you crazy?

The notification is correct. All docs have to be made before last date. Do you even have your docs which are after last date?

Like, if 3.6.2018 is the last date of submission, what they are asking us is docs made before 3.6.2018, not after it. After last date is any date after 3.6.2018. Like 4.6.2018, 5.6.2018 etc

It's illegal to get your docs made post dated. It's like you are not an obc now but will become one by making certificate in future. Not just possible and so the clause of submission of docs made before last date.

Read the notification once more. It's not tough to understand.
  • Mulberry said:

BijuDada said:

Mulberry said:

Dead Man said:

Are you crazy?

The notification is correct. All docs have to be made before last date. Do you even have your docs which are after last date?

Like, if 3.6.2018 is the last date of submission, what they are asking us is docs made before 3.6.2018, not after it. After last date is any date after 3.6.2018. Like 4.6.2018, 5.6.2018 etc

It's illegal to get your docs made post dated. It's like you are not an obc now but will become one by making certificate in future. Not just possible and so the clause of submission of docs made before last date.

Which means even NCL needs to be Dated before Last Date of applying???? I have applied for NCL but I'm worried I may get it after 6th of March...
  • BijuDada said:

Mulberry said:

BijuDada said:

Mulberry said:

Dead Man said:

Are you crazy?

Which means even NCL needs to be Dated before Last Date of applying???? I have applied for NCL but I'm worried I may get it after 6th of March...
    many in the past were asked to give certificates post mains/interviews.....just ur certificates need to be dated before 3-6-2018 while applying for mains....keep a new one ready. nothing illegal here...
  • edited February 16
    BijuDada said:

Mulberry said:

BijuDada said:

Mulberry said:

Dead Man said:

Are you crazy?

You are worrying for no reasons. Trust me. I have reached interview with similar situation. Submit with whatever you have now.

Dated before last date means any dates before last date. It could be of last year or last decade. Just make sure that you get the latest one by interview.

Latest means any date between April 2018 to March 2019.
  • edited February 16
  • Mulberry said:

BijuDada said:

Mulberry said:

BijuDada said:

Mulberry said:

Dead Man said:

Are you crazy?

You are worrying for no reasons. Trust me. I have reached interview with similar situation. Submit with whatever you have now.

Dated before last date means any dates before last date. It could be of last year or last decade. Just make sure that you get the latest one by interview.

Put any date that u having a certificate
    (don't enter imaginary date!!!) Incase they ask u to produce that old certificate u claimed, u ll be in trouble.
    Hunt alone
  • Lone Wolf said:

Mulberry said:

BijuDada said:

Mulberry said:

BijuDada said:

Mulberry said:

Dead Man said:

Are you crazy?

(don't enter imaginary date!!!) Incase they ask u to produce that old certificate u claimed, u ll be in trouble.
    Thanks bro
  • Mulberry said:

BijuDada said:

Mulberry said:

BijuDada said:

Mulberry said:

Dead Man said:

Are you crazy?

Thanks bro... for the information.
  • edited February 16
    Lone Wolf said:

Mulberry said:

BijuDada said:

Mulberry said:

BijuDada said:

Mulberry said:

Dead Man said:

Are you crazy?

Why would anyone put an imaginary date? I have asked him to apply with whatever he has now, i.e. the current certificate.
  • BijuDada said:

Mulberry said:

BijuDada said:

Mulberry said:

BijuDada said:

Mulberry said:

Dead Man said:

Are you crazy?

Thanks bro... for the information.
    You are welcome. Please do not worry about certification when it comes to UPSC. They are very considerate. Chill brother and study.
  • Urgent Query:

Yes, u r NCL Obc. Whosoever out of the OBC umbrella ( 6 lakh earlier) can now avail raised OBC NCL benefit(8 lakh). As father promoted at 45 to Group A, your mother's income only will decide your OBC status. So go ahead dude avail NCL benefits.
  • Mulberry said:

BijuDada said:

Mulberry said:

BijuDada said:

Mulberry said:

Dead Man said:

Are you crazy?

Brothers I have certificate dated may 2015
    Which is led than 3 years old
    I should fill this date

And also get a new one before march 2019
    Will that be perfectly okay ??
  • PS9 said:

Brothers I have certificate dated may 2015
    Which is led than 3 years old
    I should fill this date

And also get a new one before march 2019
    Will that be perfectly okay ??

Yes it's okay.
    Better to get new one during mains DAF.
    Hunt alone
  • I have another doubt

On UPSC site under 'OBC format' and the OBC Certificate in DAF

They are different
    In one you have to write resolution no.
    While another have different clause

Which one to fill ?
  • Is this the format ?
    IMG-20180218-WA0002.jpg
    720 x 1280 - 82K
  • PS9 said:

Is this the format ?

This one page format is the latest one.
    Better use this.
    Hunt alone
  • Lone Wolf said:

PS9 said:

Is this the format ?

Better use this.
    bro i have certificate issued in 2015,2016 (total 2 certificates)....is it enough to prove my ncl status or i need to file income tax return for 2017-18 also....
  • Lone Wolf said:

PS9 said:

Is this the format ?

Better use this.
    bro i have certificate issued in 2015,2016 (total 2 certificates)....is it enough to prove my ncl status or i need to file income tax return for 2017-18 also....
    I don't know exactly!
    But along with DAF OBC annexure, we need to send IT return copies (not remembering specifically about years!)
    Hunt alone
  • According to dopt obc certificate validity is 3 years
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog