ForumIAS New Batch Announcement 

MGP Batch C: (Starts 25th January, Ends 17th September)       PLAN DOCUMENT        PAYMENT LINK 
MGP + Batch C: (Starts 25th January, Ends 17th September)    PLAN DOCUMENT        PAYMENT LINK 
MGP Batch C (Rapid): (Starts 25th Jan, Ends 19th Apr)              PLAN DOCUMENT        PAYMENT LINK 

Forum ias

How is forum ias test series for mains
Is their any other good test series that i can join apart from vision
I intend to have good writing practice with evaluation

Comments

• i had joined MGP last year and it was of decent quality.
    however i feel that feedback is of generalized nature like- writing in points without going into merits and strength of individual students.And with multiple person checking different papers at times you get different feedback. they have raised the cost this time otherwise with 17k it was a good program.
    i have not joined any other series but i have positive feedback of lukmaan's test as well.

for GS for now join anyone among popular ones(if necessary) ...and keep practicing at your own level on iasbaba/insights/forum any one of them. later if hopefully SFG like program for mains is started by forum i would like to explore that one.
    2015: pelims p1 62
    2016: pelims p1 114 mains 726
    2017: prelims p1 116.66 (forum key)
  • edited February 5
    Vision. It is more flexible than forum. Later give a unilateral deadline, and not allow you to give test after that even 1 months before exam. Yeah feedback at forum is generalized, you are chipping in far too more if going for that.

Finally for improving answer writing, apart from the centre any test series provides. Improvement comes only by self review and improvement. Make mind for any of them and start, sooner the better!
  • Sometimes the person who corrects the paper and the one who connects with you for discussion is different. My reason for joining their Test series was the mentorship even through phone which was a disappointing. ForumIas mains test series was below average last time.
    Now or Never
  • Gowdru said:

Sometimes the person who corrects the paper and the one who connects with you for discussion is different. My reason for joining their Test series was the mentorship even through phone which was a disappointing. ForumIas mains test series was below average last time.

Yes indeed. Due to which the process becomes very less fruitful, time consuming and too general feedback.
  • Ezzio said:

i had joined MGP last year and it was of decent quality.
    however i feel that feedback is of generalized nature like- writing in points without going into merits and strength of individual students.And with multiple person checking different papers at times you get different feedback. they have raised the cost this time otherwise with 17k it was a good program.
    i have not joined any other series but i have positive feedback of lukmaan's test as well.

for GS for now join anyone among popular ones(if necessary) ...and keep practicing at your own level on iasbaba/insights/forum any one of them. later if hopefully SFG like program for mains is started by forum i would like to explore that one.

Is it wise to join a mains test series at this time?
    At the end of the road, let there be no excuses, no explanations, no regrets
  • Selling gs score test series anybody interested
  • Hi friends. I am willing to sell Vajiram Online mains test series 2018 as I'm leaving the preparation.
    I have not taken up any test and you can start off fresh by taking the test and uploading your answer sheet. You also get the model papers+ test discussion+ current affairs portal+ answer writing practice access through the portal.
    I purchased for Rs. 10,000. I can sell the access for Rs. 9000. Interested people can ping me soon.
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog