How to Conquer GS in UPSC Mains, Explained By Anudeep Durishetty AIR 1 CSE 2017 Writing a good Essay in UPSC Mains, Explained by Anudeep Durishetty Answer Writing Focus Group for Mains 2018 – Details DOWNLOAD: UPSC Prelims 2018 GS Paper I UPDATE : Answer Writing Group ( Offline | New Delhi ) Registrations Are Now Open!

Students planning GMAT OR Cat after successive unsuccessful attempts, kindly gather here

I am planning to give gmat or cat this year. But I have no idea regarding fees and scholarships of foreign universities.
Kindly share your knowledge and information
Be positive..Be patient....Everything comes to you in the right moment.

Comments

• MBA from USA means minimum of 1 crore investment. :'(
    You better be careful kid
  • How is XLRI's FPM?
    तदबीर से बिगड़ी हुई तक़दीर बना ले, अपने पे भरोसा है तो एक दाँव लगा ले।
  • How is XLRI's FPM?

Green light.

Good to go!
  • I got offers for a full time job from a few NGOs, none of them very popular. Will this count as work experience? I'm thinking of improving my profile before taking attempts at Cat
  • Catman said:

I got offers for a full time job from a few NGOs, none of them very popular. Will this count as work experience? I'm thinking of improving my profile before taking attempts at Cat

Depends on the job profile. Level. Relevance. And whether it's a paid work or volunteering.

Certainly better than a hole in a resume.
  • Catman said:

I got offers for a full time job from a few NGOs, none of them very popular. Will this count as work experience? I'm thinking of improving my profile before taking attempts at Cat

see ... u gonna answer this - "ur bachelors - why civils - then NGO - some MBA". THis should be like interconnected and should look like u r interested in MBA so all earlier was supportive. I am also attending interviews of some college this year. So in mocks i am facing this problem. Had to `build some interconnected story
  • I've lost all my confidence after joining forum all of the pros here are either MBA or btech and here I'm a degree from a ghanta university and Work experience to Baal jitna bhi nahi
  • After seeing the reduction in vacancies .. lost all the hope .. should have pursued my interest in programming..
    Jai ho pradhan sevak n choman khaini
    False idols
  • Catman said:

@Catman hey, can you please pm me which NGOs you applied for, how did you approach them? thanks
  • F5 said:

Catman said:

@Catman hey, can you please pm me which NGOs you applied for, how did you approach them? thanks
    Sent you a PM

No 60 to 70 lacs .
  • Go for MS if u hv technical background. Cost is less.U can stay for 36 months after the programme to find a job .u can even get scholarship n further convert ms to PHD.
  • I am planning to give gmat or cat this year. But I have no idea regarding fees and scholarships of foreign universities.
    Kindly share your knowledge and information

first clear exam wid some good score. There are colleges like FMS , JBIMS , TISS where fee for 2 year MBA is less than some Rs 50k. If u can crack FMS it will be very good. I heard u need to get some 99 percentile plus for FMS. GMAT is a costly affair. But u can try pgpx in IIMS+ISB where fee is afordable which here i mean Rs 20-25 lakh which can be taken as loan. Abroad will be very expesnisve affair which i dont knw
  • 1ManArmy said:

How is XLRI's FPM?

Green light.

Good to go!
    Do you know anyone who may hv done that or been doing?
  • 1ManArmy said:

How is XLRI's FPM?

Green light.

Good to go!
    My real sister is pursuing doctorate in Management, not from XLRI though.
  • edited February 12
    1ManArmy said:

1ManArmy said:

How is XLRI's FPM?

Green light.

Good to go!
    They pay you for doing it, right? Is there any liability? And what is xlri's stature among others such as IITs, IIM? Whats the likelihoid of becoming a profesdor in IIM? And how intensive is the program specially in first year?
  • 1ManArmy said:

1ManArmy said:

How is XLRI's FPM?

Green light.

Good to go!
    They pay you for doing it, right? Is there any liability? And what is xlri's stature among others such as IITs, IIM? Whats the likelihoid of becoming a profesdor in IIM? And how intensive is the program specially in first year?
    Yep,they'll pay you. http://www.xlri.ac.in/academic-programmes/fellow-programme/fpm-overview.aspx https://www.nirfindia.org/mgmt Have a look at the profiles of IIM faculty to assess yourself.

Contact the current fellows, XLRI.

No 60 to 70 lacs .
    woh bhi to arrange hone chahiye naa yaar. Aur second best option MS from US ka to bolna hi nahin. It's not what it looks like!!!! :( Aur MS me bhi aapne minimum 40-50 lacs to lag hi jayenge. :(
  • I want to pursue MA in women studies or Gender development.
    so what all exams should I give?

No 60 to 70 lacs .
    woh bhi to arrange hone chahiye naa yaar. Aur second best option MS from US ka to bolna hi nahin. It's not what it looks like!!!! :( Aur MS me bhi aapne minimum 40-50 lacs to lag hi jayenge. :(

MBA from USA means minimum of 1 crore investment. :'(

U can get loan upto 1.2 crore.MS from USA is not tough Ifor u target top 100 colleges. Second is Canada then Germany. Try all options .but dnt give up.
  • jena said:

I want to pursue MA in women studies or Gender development.

TISS, TISS and TISS.
  • 1ManArmy said:

jena said:

TISS, TISS and TISS.
    Ha ha :smiley:
    abroad? ??
  • jena said:

1ManArmy said:

jena said:

TISS, TISS and TISS.
    Ha ha :smiley:
    abroad? ??
    Sure! <3

Where'd you like to go?

Mauritius, Switzerland, New Zealand....? <3

No 60 to 70 lacs .

U can get loan upto 1.2 crore.MS from USA is not tough Ifor u target top 100 colleges. Second is Canada then Germany. Try all options .but dnt give up.
    Loan upto 1.2 crore merely on the name of higher education. Are you serious Miss @Minakshi005 :/

No 60 to 70 lacs .

Loan upto 1.2 crore merely on the name of higher education. Are you serious Miss @Minakshi005 :/
    SBI gives loan from 7.5 lac to 1.5 crores.
    You need to show a property .otherwise you may get collateral free loan and if you are admitted to good college like Harvard,CMU etc.u can get loan upto 25 /30 lacs easily.
    For that you need to go to website wemakescholars.com .There are various scholarships as well but for STEM courses only.it's sways good to take technical course than MBA.u won't get any loan for MBA.
  • ok :(

See if u r from a premier college.IIT or NIT/IIM there are advantages.otherwise too this is not as tough as IAS is.

See if u r from a premier college.IIT or NIT/IIM there are advantages.otherwise too this is not as tough as IAS is.
    No IIT/NIT tag. And it's more about resources than this exam. Leave it. Thanx for your inputs. :/
  • 1ManArmy said:

1ManArmy said:

1ManArmy said:

How is XLRI's FPM?

Green light.

Good to go!
    Yep,they'll pay you. http://www.xlri.ac.in/academic-programmes/fellow-programme/fpm-overview.aspx https://www.nirfindia.org/mgmt Have a look at the profiles of IIM faculty to assess yourself.

Contact the current fellows, XLRI.
    How is FPM programme in IIMs? Do the guys gets placement like others or they need to take up a job of professor? Can someone throw some light on it? Will it be useful to invest another 4 years for PHD after spending same amount of time in CSE preparation?
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://academy.forumias.com

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog