Writing a good Essay in UPSC Mains, Explained by Anudeep Durishetty Answer Writing Focus Group for Mains 2018 – Details DOWNLOAD: UPSC Prelims 2018 GS Paper I UPDATE : Answer Writing Group ( Offline | New Delhi ) Registrations Are Now Open!
GUIDANCE IAS Geography(Opt.) @500+ Programme STARTS ON 26th JUNE 9:30 AM.
Venue:   11/5-B, Basement, Param Tower , Pusa Road, Delhi 110005. Call (+91)-9718793363, 011-45586829. Geography(Opt.) Online / Offline Test Series
& Daily Mapwork Program Online
To Enroll Click Here
Top 4 scorers in Geography (Opt.) are Guidance IAS Students: AIR 5 PRATHAM KAUSHIK (327 Marks); AIR 109 DHRUV MISHRA (318 Marks); AIR 411 SAI KIRAN D.N. (316 Marks); AIR 423 DHEERAJ AGARWAL (315 Marks)

SFG Batch 2 Entrance Test Application - Now Open - Registration Link

Updated on 10 February : Post the sealing drive the fees of the program have been revised to

1) Entrance Test : Rs 250
2) SFG Monthly Fee : Rs 1100
3) RLG Monthky tee : Rs. 1800
All fee renewals must be done online by visiting http://Instamojo.com/ForumIASAcademy

This fee hike has been done for both SFG as well as RLG For both first and second batch.

Dear Friends,

Applications are invited for the second batch of SFG. Admissions to the program shall be on the basis of merit i.e. through an open competitive examination. The entrace test for the same will be conducted on February 8th and the program is likely to commence from the third week of February.

The goal of the program will be have a Select Focus Group of 100 students who will be required to write daily Tests at our ORN Center in New Delhi for Prelims 2018. Those of you who could not make it to the SFG ( January ) can apply for the same by registering below

http://imojo.in/9qjthy

A nominal fee of Rs. 100 will be collected towards the application form. This will entitle you to write an entrance test on February 8th. The Top 100 candidates selected will be part of the SFG - 2 who will be put on a robust learning curve covering both the static syllabus and Current Affairs . The program is designed to ensure that with sufficient practise 100% of the SFG Students should clear the Prelims 2018.

Daily Tests from Monday to Friday will be conducted in an extremely competitive environment. While the program will be free, a shared cost will be levied on each candidate for the smooth conduction of the program. This shared cost will be paid on a monthly basis ONLY. There is no provision for paying the shared costs at one go, and cost is not fixed and nor is your membership of the program.

Every week candidates will be told about their performance
, and after every 4 weeks on the basis of the performance,1/3rd of non-performing candidates will be eliminated from the program to make way for meritorious candidates willing to work hard for Prelims 2018.

A reserve list ( RL ) of candidates will also be maintained who will be allowed to write the same tests and the top performing among them will be moved to SFG entirely based on weekly performance.

We invite candidates

a) Who could not make it to the SFG January Batch
b) Who have not been able to clear Prelims before
c) First Timers , especially willing to burn the mid night oil to crach Civils in their very first attempt.

You can apply for the entrance test of the program by paying a non-refundable fee of Rs. 100 . Please note that LIMITED number of candidates will be taken up for the Open Test due to the limited seating capacity and availability of the classroom. This number is capped at 500 to avoid cheating in multiple batches. Those of you interested in the program must be register early.

As we said, the objective of the program is to ensure that candidates selected for SFG have a 100% selection rate at Prelims examination. This will be ensured through daily test taking five days a week, cut throat competition and simulating the examination conditions, building right discipline and habits. This program is available only in the Offline Mode as of now.

Registration Link

Comments

• sir , I am in RLG group I want to shifted to SfG grp I can apply for this test or not ?
  • sir , I am in RLG group I want to shifted to SfG grp I can apply for this test or not ?

You can write the test and compete, but competition in this group is likely to be even higher. You do not shift to SFG Group, you earn it. You get a good rank, you get it.

******************Note to all Candidates Applying for it*********

1. All candidates are requested to ensure that you do past 10 yes GS Papers and past CSAT Papers to be able to compete fully.
    2. All CGP Students will be accomodated in this program, but it is mandatory for them as well to write the Open Test, on which basis they will be placed either in SFG or Reserve List.
    3. Please do not fear competition. Competition is a part of natural order and is the selection critera in a merit based society. Prelims is all about reading, revising and practising only. No one is a genius, you are what you read , as far as UPSC Prelims is concerned.
  • I have appeared mains twice before. Is it apt for me to join and take this?
  • ForumIAS said:

sir , I am in RLG group I want to shifted to SfG grp I can apply for this test or not ?

You can write the test and compete, but competition in this group is likely to be even higher. You do not shift to SFG Group, you earn it. You get a good rank, you get it.

******************Note to all Candidates Applying for it*********

1. All candidates are requested to ensure that you do past 10 yes GS Papers and past CSAT Papers to be able to compete fully.
    2. All CGP Students will be accomodated in this program, but it is mandatory for them as well to write the Open Test, on which basis they will be placed either in SFG or Reserve List.
    3. Please do not fear competition. Competition is a part of natural order and is the selection critera in a merit based society. Prelims is all about reading, revising and practising only. No one is a genius, you are what you read , as far as UPSC Prelims is concerned.
    Do CGP students need to register as well?Any syllabus for current affairs or will it be random?
    3rd point is like talking to me :-) .Thank you.
  • Golem said:

I have appeared mains twice before. Is it apt for me to join and take this?

You hv written in ur thread for room that u hv appeared in mains thrice n here u hv written twice. Which is correct ?????
  • Golem said:

You hv written in ur thread for room that u hv appeared in mains thrice n here u hv written twice. Which is correct ?????
    It's twice.. I have written there same as well.
  • Hello Sir
    I'm hoping to enroll in Mains Test Series Batch starting from 25th of January. Does it make any sense to combine SFG schedule and Mains Test Series if I'm selected?

I have given CSM 2017 and not qualified. Please clear the regarding doubt.
    Thank you.
  • Golem said:

Golem said:

It's twice.. I have written there same as well.

Its thrice there.......u can check
    By the way, its immaterial
  • will there be aptitude test as well along with GS ?
  • @ForumIAS Do CGP students need to register as well?
  • @ForumIAS - Does the eviction notice affect this noble initiative ? Currently,a student of Big V. I'm just fortunate to have a ringside view of observing the difference between community & establishment,student & consumer. Nikah unse ho gaya par pyaar aapse karte hain hum. Thank you Team ForumIAS for all that I've received from you(will explain in length when I do clear it.Too bad people listen to what you have to say only when you clear the exam.It'll hold much more gravitas then). Well,I can only speak for myself but I can say this with utmost conviction that your efforts to bring radical changes in prep field will not go in vain and any student who's associated with the community will surely remember what efforts are putting in from your side. May the Force *always* be with you.
    Huge shoutout to the whole Team.
    Cheers !

P.S.- Just so you know,if there's anything we can do to help,just let us know. After all,community is extended family :)
  • edited January 22
    Paid and registered, @ForumIAS , waiting for feb eagerly. I missed out earlier opportunity, but not this time. Ready to kill it.
  • @ForumIAS , I understand that the program is offline only, but can this Open Test be conducted online?
    It will give non-delhiites an idea of where we stand.
  • @ForumIAS
    One question!
    The syllabus for the entrance is just 10 years gs papers and past year csat?
    Or we have to prepare for more to compete fully?
    Please reply
  • Zeus_ said:

@ForumIAS
    One question!
    The syllabus for the entrance is just 10 years gs papers and past year csat?
    Or we have to prepare for more to compete fully?
    Please reply

3) Daily newspaper :-)

If you do just these half our job will be done. Our job is to make you study and clear prelims.

The first step is to do past years papers.

Prepare well.
  • @ForumIAS Do CGP students need to register as well? Any updates regarding CGP classes?
  • ForumIAS said:

Dear Friends,

Applications are invited for the second batch of SFG. Admissions to the program shall be on the basis of merit i.e. through an open competitive examination. The entrace test for the same will be conducted on February 8th and the program is likely to commence from the third week of February.

The goal of the program will be have a Select Focus Group of 100 students who will be required to write daily Tests at our ORN Center in New Delhi for Prelims 2018. Those of you who could not make it to the SFG ( January ) can apply for the same by registering below

A nominal fee of Rs. 100 will be collected towards the application form. This will entitle you to write an entrance test on February 8th. The Top 100 candidates selected will be part of the SFG - 2 who will be put on a robust learning curve covering both the static syllabus and Current Affairs . The program is designed to ensure that with sufficient practise 100% of the SFG Students should clear the Prelims 2018.

Daily Tests from Monday to Friday will be conducted in an extremely competitive environment. While the program will be free, a shared cost will be levied on each candidate for the smooth conduction of the program. This shared cost will be paid on a monthly basis ONLY. There is no provision for paying the shared costs at one go, and cost is not fixed and nor is your membership of the program.

, and after every 4 weeks on the basis of the performance,1/3rd of non-performing candidates will be eliminated from the program to make way for meritorious candidates willing to work hard for Prelims 2018.

A reserve list ( RL ) of candidates will also be maintained who will be allowed to write the same tests and the top performing among them will be moved to SFG entirely based on weekly performance.

We invite candidates

c) First Timers , especially willing to burn the mid night oil to crach Civils in their very first attempt.

You can apply for the entrance test of the program by paying a non-refundable fee of Rs. 100 . Please note that LIMITED number of candidates will be taken up for the Open Test due to the limited seating capacity and availability of the classroom. This number is capped at 500 to avoid cheating in multiple batches. Those of you interested in the program must be register early.

As we said, the objective of the program is to ensure that candidates selected for SFG have a 100% selection rate at Prelims examination. This will be ensured through daily test taking five days a week, cut throat competition and simulating the examination conditions, building right discipline and habits. This program is available only in the Offline Mode as of now.

Registration Link

Great...fee increased to 250rs...reason relocation and rent hike...how much u paid to sindhi park owner?
    money minded folks...
  • ForumIAS said:

Dear Friends,

We invite candidates

Registration Link

Great...fee increased to 250rs...reason relocation and rent hike...how much u paid to sindhi park owner?
    money minded folks...
    @Unpredeictable_PSC

Yaar, we cannot help you.

You have written one dozen mails saying how everyone is a cheater in the SFG and how Giving CSAT questions is unfair and how giving 100 rupees for test will kill your entire family and give us 1 billion dollars in revenue.

We don’t want to invade your privacy, but we will not allow you in any program .

If everyone is cheating only, if everyone is g tying ahead of you because of CSAT otherwise you would top the list , and if paying 100 rupees ( and now 250 ) rupees will lead to financial crisis in your family and help everyone at forumias buy a Ferrari then either you have some hallucination problem or you simply don’t want to study. And blame not only UPSC , but blame ForumIAS , other aspirants and system for problems being faced by you.

Life is alteady unfair to those who work hard also.trust us it will be even more unfair if you just cry and crib and don’t study and blame others.

Also don’t spam our mailbox with different IDs.

People like you waste a lot of time which can be used by us to do better.
  • ForumIAS said:

ForumIAS said:

Dear Friends,

We invite candidates

Registration Link

money minded folks...
    @Unpredeictable_PSC

You have written one dozen mails saying how everyone is a cheater in the SFG and how Giving CSAT questions is unfair and how giving 100 rupees for test will kill your entire family and give us 1 billion dollars in revenue.

We don’t want to invade your privacy, but we will not allow you in any program .

If everyone is cheating only, if everyone is g tying ahead of you because of CSAT otherwise you would top the list , and if paying 100 rupees ( and now 250 ) rupees will lead to financial crisis in your family and help everyone at forumias buy a Ferrari then either you have some hallucination problem or you simply don’t want to study. And blame not only UPSC , but blame ForumIAS , other aspirants and system for problems being faced by you.

Life is alteady unfair to those who work hard also.trust us it will be even more unfair if you just cry and crib and don’t study and blame others.

Sir who have already paid Rs. 100, are they eligible to write test? Or else? :smile:
  • Wow
    Just because @ForumIAS is answering your idiotic questions, you will throw anything at them. These cry babies will blindly pay 500 RS for "generating TOKEN" to get admission in wowjiraam before paying almost 2 lakh of rupees Coaching fees.
    The saddest part about this is that these phonies are aspiring to be IAS officers. and unfortunately, some of them even get through.
    Do not go gentle into that good night
  • ForumIAS said:

Dear Friends,

We invite candidates

Registration Link

money minded folks...
    Unpredeictable_PSC what are you saying :neutral:

ForumIAS itna emotionally likha hua reply... this clearly shows how much desperately u people are trying to correct the things again.... hats-off to forumias team, for what they are doing for sfg/rlg :smile:
  • Just saw that sfg video and went wow... I had paid the fees for sfg1 test... But didn't give it becoz I didn't think I could make it daily (having optional classes daily). But this time I will... If I am getting one opportunity to be a part of something like this... The experience in itself is worth the effort regardless of the result.

And God bless you @ForumIAS for being such a sport.
  • ForumIAS said:

ForumIAS said:

Dear Friends,

We invite candidates

Registration Link

money minded folks...
    @Unpredeictable_PSC

... Note to my future son/daughter: this is what happens when beggers try to be choosers. And even loose the begging bowl.
  • @ForumIASOfficial @ForumIAS I have paid 100 rs as fee three days back.. Am i still eligible or would have to pay 250 and register again?
  • @ForumIAS
    Sir, In SFG batch 2 questions paper will be same as batch 1. Or I will be a new
  • @ForumIAS

The entrance test or the course test papers? :P
  • edited January 25
  • ForumIAS said:

@ForumIAS

The entrance test or the course test papers? :P
    @ForumIAS sir, Daily test paper.

me too was selected in 1st batch of SFG but i was told that I am not eligible for this as i am a CGP students. They also told me that i could apply in next batch.

So can we now?
    all i need is profound meditation. all i love is my stethoscope
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://academy.forumias.com

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog