10 Days to Prelims – 10 Things to Keep in Mind by Anudeep Durishetty CSE 2017 AIR 1
MITRA'S IAS - Fresh batch of Philosophy from10th JUNE(Evening) -5:15 pm & 14th JUNE(Morning)– 11 am
                                                " Highest marks 306 by Juhi Jalota rank 122 "

For more information call us at - Tel. No :- 01145505509, Mob. No-8826469839, 9560928172 or
Mail us at :- mitrasiasclasses@gmail.com
,Website:- www.mitrasias.com
To know her strategy &answersheet: CLICK HERE

The Morning/Days After Results for those who did n did not clear by Himanshu , AIR 44

Dear Friends,

ForumIAS Member Himanshu Jain aka riseoftitan who secured Rank 44 last year has shared a few words with the community. I have curated it into an article.

Please go through it and hope you take it in the right spirit.

http://blog.forumias.com/the-morning-and-days-after-mains-results-for-both-haves-and-have-nots/
*No good deed goes unpunished* | I am no knight, do not call me Sir | I write articles for Civil Services Aspirants, you can find them at http://blog.forumias.com/author/neyawn |

Comments

• I cant find interview transcripts @Neyawn
    Tryst with Mains 2017
  • Sir it was
    Neyawn said:

Dear Friends,

ForumIAS Member Himanshu Jain aka riseoftitan who secured Rank 44 last year has shared a few words with the community. I have curated it into an article.

Please go through it and hope you take it in the right spirit.

http://blog.forumias.com/the-morning-and-days-after-mains-results-for-both-haves-and-have-nots/

sir article was very inspiring..kindly post some more inspiring articles, which will help me and others who could not qualify in starting afresh
  • I cant find interview transcripts @Neyawn

Neither me, @MrPresident :(

Let me see if I have an old copy.

@Yo_Yo_Choti_Singh Any updates in Interview Compilation?
    *No good deed goes unpunished* | I am no knight, do not call me Sir | I write articles for Civil Services Aspirants, you can find them at http://blog.forumias.com/author/neyawn |
  • edited January 11
    I had saved these interview compilations last year! See if these are of use. @Neyawn
    pdf
    pdf
    c3923d6a811c0b32ddcfe16922b487.pdf
    pdf
    pdf
    12461db49ec3309ef14d801c8c8e49.pdf
  • I had saved these interview compilations last year! See if these are of use. @Neyawn

Yep they are good. Let me add some more
  • Neyawn said:

I had saved these interview compilations last year! See if these are of use. @Neyawn

Yep they are good. Let me add some more
    sir I am busy at home due to an emergency. That work which u assigned to me is pending in between. Hopefully forum will come up with a better organized and more exhaustive compilation soon. :smile:
    Being IAS... 4 U Onlyyy... :-)

" Woods are lovely dark and deep..
    But I have promises to keep..
    But I have promises to keep..
    And miles to go before I sleep.. before I sleep. " :)

#HumHongeKamyaabEkDin :)
  • Is there any way to know marks obtained in each questions of mains paper. It would really help to identify mistakes and shortcomings.

Has anyone used RTI to get marks breakup of a paper?
  • I had saved these interview compilations last year! See if these are of use. @Neyawn

These are some old ones..2013,14,15
    pdf
    pdf
    UPSC-Interview-2013-2014-Transcripts-_H-C-Gupta-board_ 2.pdf
    pdf
    pdf
    UPSC-Interview-2013-2014-Transcripts-_H-C-Gupta-board_.pdf
    pdf
    pdf
    UPSC-Interview-2013-2014-Transcripts-_Alka-Sirohi-Board_.pdf
    pdf
    pdf
    UPSC+Interview+2013-2014+Transcripts+_Chhatar+Singh+Board.pdf
    1M
    pdf
    pdf
    UPSC-Interview-2013-2014-Transcripts-_Prof-David_.pdf
  • edited January 11
    Prelims - 3, Mains - 2, Interview - 1, Rank - 280
    Don't let the 'perfect' ruin the 'good' in you.
  • http://forumias.com/portal/interview/
    This page still available
    Hunt alone
  • This game is more luck than one can ever imagine. People who clear it in their first attempt usually talk about their 'strategy' 'unconventional approach' 'unique method of studying' and what not. Bullshit I call it.
    This is just Russian roulette.There is no pattern,no strategy, nothing. Hard work- yes. But not everyone who works hard is rewarded equally. Only those who are sufficiently lucky will get their hard work rewarded.
    Yes I sound like the fox who said the grapes are sour. Because right now, i am that creature. Didn't the fox work hard though? Didn't it jump many times? But was it rewarded? NO!
    And to the coaching people- please don't start over with your 'right guidance' with the right people speech. I was a student of MGP, followed almost every test with my mentors, worked upon the feedback- diagram, heading, underline etc, made diligent notes, did multiple revisions, kept a positive attitude, didn't waste my time with extra material or any vices, didn't hang out with people/friends who could waste my time, prayed daily, had good food as far as possible in Delhi. Put in even more hard work for optional since I had low marks in that in my first attempt.. Outcome- zilch. nada.

I only wish somebody could tell me with full certainty that all my effort would be rewarded.....
  • Bronn said:

This game is more luck than one can ever imagine. People who clear it in their first attempt usually talk about their 'strategy' 'unconventional approach' 'unique method of studying' and what not. Bullshit I call it.
    This is just Russian roulette.There is no pattern,no strategy, nothing. Hard work- yes. But not everyone who works hard is rewarded equally. Only those who are sufficiently lucky will get their hard work rewarded.
    Yes I sound like the fox who said the grapes are sour. Because right now, i am that creature. Didn't the fox work hard though? Didn't it jump many times? But was it rewarded? NO!
    And to the coaching people- please don't start over with your 'right guidance' with the right people speech. I was a student of MGP, followed almost every test with my mentors, worked upon the feedback- diagram, heading, underline etc, made diligent notes, did multiple revisions, kept a positive attitude, didn't waste my time with extra material or any vices, didn't hang out with people/friends who could waste my time, prayed daily, had good food as far as possible in Delhi. Put in even more hard work for optional since I had low marks in that in my first attempt.. Outcome- zilch. nada.

I only wish somebody could tell me with full certainty that all my effort would be rewarded.....

what was ur optional??
  • Bronn said:

This game is more luck than one can ever imagine. People who clear it in their first attempt usually talk about their 'strategy' 'unconventional approach' 'unique method of studying' and what not. Bullshit I call it.

Dont know about success in upsc but one thing thats certain is that Hard Work Never Goes Waste. The effort you put in will one day definitely benefit you.
    "It's not who you are underneath, it's what you do that defines you"
    - Rachel (Batman Begins)
  • Bronn said:

I am sorry to hear this, and I understand your pain.

I think most people here would have gone through this pain.

Even those who clear in first attempt, end up with sleepless nights in the perception that what if i don't get through.

What is your optional?

If you are looking for a guarantee, there is no guarantee is absolutely anything that is high gain. And anything that is high gain has high risk.

100% Certainty can exist in low risk - low reward ventures such as completing Masters or a Ph.D where you may at best have a delayed result.

But you can always improve your odds. That is all the article says. But then again, nobody believes it till the point they actually get what they want. :(
  • Bronn said:

Very true

This exam is 100% luck, luck n luck only

At least 5000-6000 people are on the same footing in terms of knowledge, hard work, strategy, presentation and what not but only around 1000 make it to the list. Pure luck.

Above a threshold of knowledge, hard work n similarly sounding big words, its the work of ur stars to take you to the destination. (But fool we think we have made it!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Simply too much crowd n too less seats, everyone can't hv their way.

A lot can b said but better not to say and get the tag of frustrated, negative, pessimist blah blah. Only those who hv undergone this pain n gamble can appreciate n understand it.
  • Bronn said:

Bhai load na lo yaar , Hindi language main rah gaye honge aap .

Last year 753 the is baar sab kuchh improve karne ki koshish ki par nahi hua .( 4th mains )
  • edited January 11
    So one should consult an astrologer before preparing for this exam? Is this the moral obe can infer ?
    Everyone says do not leave the job but how to prepare in a job like bank where you cannot study for more than 2-3 hours effectively? So before resigning should one consult an astrologer?
    Beacuse not a single paler in mains is such where a superficial knowledge /general answers can work. You have to substantiate facts and recomm.
  • Bronn said:

The only truth about this exam is that there is no certainty, no guarantee, no method. Doing everything well, doing everything required and doing everything recommended still does not guarantee results.

The worse part is that 95% of those who make the cut start glorifying their methods, strategies, hardwork, focus, dedication, self belief and their brilliance. I agree it's just a bunch of junk - all this talk. Because for all that they did, there were probably 4 more people who did the same with the same dedication and hardwork and probably even more, but they lost out on luck. 90% hardwork and 10% luck? But it's a weighted average where it comes down to 50% hardwork+strategy etc and 50% luck.

I have spent 5 years (and counting) in the addiction of this exam and I know that nothing, absolutely nothing can take away this pain, this hurt. No words can help. I can't find an appropriate metaphor but it's probably like a bullet stuck inside ones chest. Can't take it out, can't live with the pain.

But I know one thing. I know it. I don't know if I believe in it or not, because when the time comes, I'm unable to practice this thought immediately to my own life. God/super power is not blind. This amount of hardwork, focus and dedication CANNOT go waste. One never knows where life might give happiness. And where this accumulated karma will shine. But it will. Mark these words. It will.

Mrunal today might be getting a ton more blessings and heartfelt wishes than an IAS officer. I don't know him. I don't know whether he's a happy person or not. But I know some rankers. With the best of cadres, and otherwise too, abundantly blessed materialistically in life - what all one aspires for. But they are not happy. I know that. I know them personally well enough to know this. I am still wearing glasses tinted with the colour of this exam. I am not able to let go. But once I will, I know I'll be able to choose which life is more rewarding and content. A life which has the elusive happiness.

But till the time one is in the pursuit, I personally believe the only goal one can strive for is understanding the true meaning of nishkaam karma. If God indeed said this shloka He meant - you have the right to work hard but not the right over the results thereof. And neither are you the reason for your success and nor should you become attached to inaction.

We're all in the same boat, to be honest. Take your time. Don't listen to any nonsense on how to write the exam. Listen to your heart. And believe that all will be well. That's how the cycle of life and karma completes itself. You can't see the dawn right now but it doesn't mean there won't be a sunrise. Have faith that something awesome will come out of all this hardwork. It will :) God bless you.
    Rank 246, CSE 2017
  • सफलता अपने लिए या लोगों को दिखाने के लिए ! असफलता से खुद प्रभावित या इस चिंता से प्रभावित कि लोग क्या कहेंगे ? एक तरह की कश्मकश में इस तरह उलझ गए हैं कि जीवन का सार एक परीक्षा तक समेट दिया l इस बार के परिणाम ने फिर से निराश तो किया लेकिन साथ ही एक राह भी दिखाई है खैर पता नहीं कि ये परिणाम का असर है या स्वतः विकसित सोच कि जीवन का मूल्याङ्कन केवल परीक्षा में सफलता पाने से ही हो पायेगा या जीवन को इससे आगे और बढ़ के भी देखना शुरू किया जाए, अपने बारे में निर्णय खुद को केंद्र में रख कर लिए जाएँ या लोगों की सोच व् दृष्टि को स्थान दिया जाए , खुश होने के लिए एक बहाने तक सीमित हों या हर छोटी सी चीज़ में खुश होने का अवसर ढूंढा जाए l अभी तक का अनुभव एक सही और सटीक राह पर ले जाएगा ऐसा विश्वास है l
    Courtesy : Myself

(6th Mains, faced 3 interview before but now the Journey Ends).....
  • सफलता अपने लिए या लोगों को दिखाने के लिए ! असफलता से खुद प्रभावित या इस चिंता से प्रभावित कि लोग क्या कहेंगे ? एक तरह की कश्मकश में इस तरह उलझ गए हैं कि जीवन का सार एक परीक्षा तक समेट दिया l इस बार के परिणाम ने फिर से निराश तो किया लेकिन साथ ही एक राह भी दिखाई है खैर पता नहीं कि ये परिणाम का असर है या स्वतः विकसित सोच कि जीवन का मूल्याङ्कन केवल परीक्षा में सफलता पाने से ही हो पायेगा या जीवन को इससे आगे और बढ़ के भी देखना शुरू किया जाए, अपने बारे में निर्णय खुद को केंद्र में रख कर लिए जाएँ या लोगों की सोच व् दृष्टि को स्थान दिया जाए , खुश होने के लिए एक बहाने तक सीमित हों या हर छोटी सी चीज़ में खुश होने का अवसर ढूंढा जाए l अभी तक का अनुभव एक सही और सटीक राह पर ले जाएगा ऐसा विश्वास है l
    Courtesy : Myself

(6th Mains, faced 3 interview before but now the Journey Ends).....

Salute to your thoughts Sir..!!
  • nandini said:

Bronn said:

The only truth about this exam is that there is no certainty, no guarantee, no method. Doing everything well, doing everything required and doing everything recommended still does not guarantee results.

The worse part is that 95% of those who make the cut start glorifying their methods, strategies, hardwork, focus, dedication, self belief and their brilliance. I agree it's just a bunch of junk - all this talk. Because for all that they did, there were probably 4 more people who did the same with the same dedication and hardwork and probably even more, but they lost out on luck. 90% hardwork and 10% luck? But it's a weighted average where it comes down to 50% hardwork+strategy etc and 50% luck.

I have spent 5 years (and counting) in the addiction of this exam and I know that nothing, absolutely nothing can take away this pain, this hurt. No words can help. I can't find an appropriate metaphor but it's probably like a bullet stuck inside ones chest. Can't take it out, can't live with the pain.

But I know one thing. I know it. I don't know if I believe in it or not, because when the time comes, I'm unable to practice this thought immediately to my own life. God/super power is not blind. This amount of hardwork, focus and dedication CANNOT go waste. One never knows where life might give happiness. And where this accumulated karma will shine. But it will. Mark these words. It will.

Mrunal today might be getting a ton more blessings and heartfelt wishes than an IAS officer. I don't know him. I don't know whether he's a happy person or not. But I know some rankers. With the best of cadres, and otherwise too, abundantly blessed materialistically in life - what all one aspires for. But they are not happy. I know that. I know them personally well enough to know this. I am still wearing glasses tinted with the colour of this exam. I am not able to let go. But once I will, I know I'll be able to choose which life is more rewarding and content. A life which has the elusive happiness.

But till the time one is in the pursuit, I personally believe the only goal one can strive for is understanding the true meaning of nishkaam karma. If God indeed said this shloka He meant - you have the right to work hard but not the right over the results thereof. And neither are you the reason for your success and nor should you become attached to inaction.

We're all in the same boat, to be honest. Take your time. Don't listen to any nonsense on how to write the exam. Listen to your heart. And believe that all will be well. That's how the cycle of life and karma completes itself. You can't see the dawn right now but it doesn't mean there won't be a sunrise. Have faith that something awesome will come out of all this hardwork. It will :) God bless you.
    +1
    I see you.
  • Bronn said:

i can feel d pain... last time gave interview..but was out of final list ...this year i failed in mains, despite working on all those areas where i could improve marks...still no result....i have written mains tests ,optional tests, filled almost 6k odd pages with writing practice bw prelims n mains...... n still sitting here wd no result...it pains very hard..

but i have decided not 2 quit...n i will start studying from tomm itself....i will work till d very end n leave rest 2 destiny...dats it....i totally believe luck is req in this exam...
  • nandini said:

Bronn said:

I did't know you were that old too.

Are you dropping by on Saturday? I will be there.
  • Bronn said:

Totally agree. Don't be disheartened. As someone who cleared in first attempt but got a very stupid service, I can understand your pain! You will see total fools who were not sure whether they will clear giving advice as though they have figured it out. And yes, UPSC doesn't care for hard work. It is like you say, Russian roulette. All the best, if you have more attempts left.
  • I have given mains once in my 2 attempts. I am willing to earn some bucks and engage myself in content developing or copy evaluation in coaching institutes. Anyone having idea about pay, duration of work and how to apply?
  • @analyzer56 , The so-called easiest optional- Anthropology. And to quote @Mitochondria , I will break the mandible of the next guy who says Anthro can be done in 2 months :tongue:

@Queen , I hope what you say is true :)

@Neyawn , your articles have always been helpful, particularly the one above (I read it after venting out.) More so because I have met Himanshu Jain and yes, he is different. He said that he wrote 6 tests every week! And also a very basic rule- 'If another human can do it, why not me?' I will try to remember these now.

@shrude_indian , thanks for the support but I believe that the total 100% is made of luck+ hard work + extra factors (strategy, cool temper, intelligence etc that amplify hard work). It is just that for some people luck fills 90% of the bucket at the time they appear the exam. And I honestly hope I am one of those people in my next attempt :D

@nandini , I don't know you, but everything you say strikes a chord. Especially the bullet stuck in chest part. I know I have to find courage/hope within me but your words were really helpful. I sincerely hope you make it through this time and always be the same kind soul. All the best :smile:

@Tabahi , bhai meri Hindi meri English se jyada achchhi hai :tongue:
    Marksheet - Copy.png
    534 x 66 - 14K
  • nandini said:

Bronn said:

The wisest. :)
    The woods are lovely, dark and deep. But I have promises to keep, And miles to go before I sleep, And miles to go before I sleep.
  • Any chance of extra attempt in 2018 ?
  • saviour said:

I have given mains once in my 2 attempts. I am willing to earn some bucks and engage myself in content developing or copy evaluation in coaching institutes. Anyone having idea about pay, duration of work and how to apply?

+1
  • @EMPEROR RELOADED ka Kya hua kuch idea h?
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog