Unacademy Plus - Live Classes by India’s Best Educators
Seats going fast for all UPSC CSE courses. Click below for details -
(1) Ethics, Integrity and Aptitude (2) Ancient, Medieval History, Art and Culture (3) Modern Indian History
(4) Current Affairs April 2017 to May 2018 (5) International Relations and Internal Security (6) Geography
Learn from India’s Best Educators. Limited Seats! Register now.

ForumIAS New Batch Announcement 

MGP Batch C: (Starts 25th January, Ends 17th September)       PLAN DOCUMENT        PAYMENT LINK 
MGP + Batch C: (Starts 25th January, Ends 17th September)    PLAN DOCUMENT        PAYMENT LINK 
MGP Batch C (Rapid): (Starts 25th Jan, Ends 19th Apr)              PLAN DOCUMENT        PAYMENT LINK 

Anthro performance in mains 2017.

Please share it result with anthro....

Comments

• In. switched from geo..1st attempt with anthro.
    Aspiring Diplomat.
    Prelims: 2, Mains: 2*, Interview: 0

• out anthro
    2 nd mains last yr-270
  • Out with anthropology. First mains. Any whatsapp group for anthropology?
  • In....3rd mains
  • out first mains .....dissapointed
  • Anthro is dream shatter
  • In with Anthro. 2nd Attempt. Prelims - 2, Mains - 1*, Interview - 0
  • guys pls. tell. me how much timr wud it take in shifting from. history to. anthropology??
    Mood bohot kharab hai kya kare
    Prelims -3 Mains-3* Interview - 0*
  • guys pls. tell. me how much timr wud it take in shifting from. history to. anthropology??

3-4 months atleast.. but anthro subject is very dicey.. if you get the required orientation you will get exceptional marks else it is the same story.. some of my friends switched to anthro but none are satisfied.
  • Sparrowin said:

guys pls. tell. me how much timr wud it take in shifting from. history to. anthropology??

3-4 months atleast.. but anthro subject is very dicey.. if you get the required orientation you will get exceptional marks else it is the same story.. some of my friends switched to anthro but none are satisfied.
    did they join any classes or doing themselves
    You wouldn't like me when i'm angry Because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources. |Philosophy|
  • What about @Cremator Bhai ....how was the result?
  • What about @Cremator Bhai ....how was the result?

Cremator bhai cleared
  • His answers are really gud. Most of us rely on material but he relies on reports of anthropologists and standard books. You can view few of his answers in anthro threads earlier
  • His answers are really gud. Most of us rely on material but he relies on reports of anthropologists and standard books. You can view few of his answers in anthro threads earlier

Yes I have followed his answers....happy for him
  • 1st In...2nd In...3rd Mains Out, All with Antrho.

Link please...
  • edited January 11
    nonpareil said:

In. switched from geo..1st attempt with anthro.

Self prepared or taken any coaching..?
  • Hey anybody interested in anthropology answer writing practice for next 2.5 months? We will write answers for last 5 year questions. There are 50 short note, 30 questions with 20 marks and 60 questions with 15 marks for each paper. If we attempt these questions and peer review them, it will be a very good practice. Specially required to write holistic answers. I am looking for a group of 4-5 people who have covered the syllabus atleast once and can write answers. Let me know if anyone is intrested. Thanks.
  • In....3rd mains

Congrats buddy. I have given 3 mains with geography optional and still unable to get an interview call. If time permits, can you throw some light on Anthropology as an optional and what are its pro and con for someone who is tarting from scratch?
  • Can we make a telegram or whatsapp group of anthro people..?

I am in. PM me when you do so.
  • Out 6th mains anthro...wat abt switching optional?
  • Hey anybody interested in anthropology answer writing practice for next 2.5 months? We will write answers for last 5 year questions. There are 50 short note, 30 questions with 20 marks and 60 questions with 15 marks for each paper. If we attempt these questions and peer review them, it will be a very good practice. Specially required to write holistic answers. I am looking for a group of 4-5 people who have covered the syllabus atleast once and can write answers. Let me know if anyone is intrested. Thanks.

M in..i was thinking to join l2a for test series..is it gud?
  • thehulk said:

Sparrowin said:

guys pls. tell. me how much timr wud it take in shifting from. history to. anthropology??

did they join any classes or doing themselves
    They joined the classes
  • nerdy2017 said:

Hey anybody interested in anthropology answer writing practice for next 2.5 months? We will write answers for last 5 year questions. There are 50 short note, 30 questions with 20 marks and 60 questions with 15 marks for each paper. If we attempt these questions and peer review them, it will be a very good practice. Specially required to write holistic answers. I am looking for a group of 4-5 people who have covered the syllabus atleast once and can write answers. Let me know if anyone is intrested. Thanks.

M in..i was thinking to join l2a for test series..is it gud?
    PM me your number. Thanks.
  • OUT.. 2nd mains 3rd attempt
  • Think essay was the game changer.. Farmer's n women topics changed the fate

Yea sure...share a link
  • Batman 68 said:

Think essay was the game changer.. Farmer's n women topics changed the fate

Do you think they did better or worse than others? @Batman 68
    बने पुजारी प्रेमी साकी, गंगाजल पावन हाला,
    रहे फेरता अविरत गति से मधु के प्यालों की माला'
    'और लिये जा, और पीये जा', इसी मंत्र का जाप करे'
    मैं शिव की प्रतिमा बन बैठूं, मंदिर हो यह मधुशाला ।
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog