Unacademy Plus - Live Classes by India’s Best Educators
Seats going fast for all UPSC CSE courses. Click below for details -
(1) Ethics, Integrity and Aptitude (2) Ancient, Medieval History, Art and Culture (3) Modern Indian History
(4) Current Affairs April 2017 to May 2018 (5) International Relations and Internal Security (6) Geography
Learn from India’s Best Educators. Limited Seats! Register now.

ForumIAS New Batch Announcement 

MGP Batch C: (Starts 25th January, Ends 17th September)       PLAN DOCUMENT        PAYMENT LINK 
MGP + Batch C: (Starts 25th January, Ends 17th September)    PLAN DOCUMENT        PAYMENT LINK 
MGP Batch C (Rapid): (Starts 25th Jan, Ends 19th Apr)              PLAN DOCUMENT        PAYMENT LINK 

Sociology optional performance in Mains 2017

Friends who all are in with Sociology kindly share some strategy rgarding notes, test series, revision

Comments

• Out with socio.. Fifth mains... Last attempt...
  • Out with socio 3rd mains..
  • out with socio 3rd mains....
    Prelim: 4 , Mains: 3*( 750 marks in mains 2016), Interview: 0
    Optional : Sociology
  • Out with socio. 1st attempt and 1st mains
  • Out. 1st attempt
  • In with Sociology
  • Out with socio
  • In with Socio - 2nd mains, 1st interview.
  • Out with sociology - 2 mains
  • After the dismal performance here, it seems I should give a second thought to Sociology for 2018, thoughts @civilengineer @Vikram89C @parinda @federer ?
  • Har optional ke ache din aaye 2014 ke baad. Sivay sociology ke
  • Out with sociology...5th attempt
  • In 2nd Mains
    New year resolution 2017: keep away from forum
  • Challar kya hain sociology ka
  • Arkham2 said:

In 2nd Mains

What did you change in your strategy this time?
  • Selected ones please throw some insights
  • Out with Sociology, 3rd Mains.. Last attempt
    When you delve really deep, you come out on top..!!
  • perky said:

Arkham2 said:

In 2nd Mains

lots of things were changed
    For starters
    Practiced answer writing and made my notes
    Read from Text books not classes notes
    however lack of paper writing practice got me in Paper 1 - could have done better :(
    New year resolution 2017: keep away from forum
  • Out wid socio 2 nd mains. Last yr socio score 275 overall 767
  • Arkham2 said:

perky said:

Arkham2 said:

In 2nd Mains

For starters
    however lack of paper writing practice got me in Paper 1 - could have done better :(
    How useful are mahapatra sir notes? I saw class notes and they were not properly organized.

And how to make notes from so many books ignou, harlombos, class notes. Everything is so much scattered
  • Arkham2 said:

perky said:

Arkham2 said:

In 2nd Mains

For starters
    If it's not very time taking, could you please enlist the books you referred to?
    Thanks in advance!
  • Out.. 2nd mains
    सच के आसपास का झूठ पकड़ना मुश्किल होता है
  • Out 5th mains 3 interviews
  • perky said:

After the dismal performance here, it seems I should give a second thought to Sociology for 2018, thoughts @civilengineer @Vikram89C @parinda @federer ?

Lot of my friends have also cleared with socio. They don't login to forum that's why you don't see their status posts here. In fact, most of those guys who made it to interviews with socio last time have cleared this year also. So, don't go by the trend in forum.

Personally, I can't tell if I have got in due to a good optional score or GS marks. Will have to wait until final results for a better analysis.
  • perky said:

After the dismal performance here, it seems I should give a second thought to Sociology for 2018, thoughts @civilengineer @Vikram89C @parinda @federer ?

Lot of my friends have also cleared with socio. They don't login to forum that's why you don't see their status posts here. In fact, most of those guys who made it to interviews with socio last time have cleared this year also. So, don't go by the trend in forum.

Personally, I can't tell if I have got in due to a good optional score or GS marks. Will have to wait until final results for a better analysis.
    Am in dearth of a good Sociology group.
    As you have mentioned, lot of your friends have cleared with socio, can you help with some info?
    A) Where do you guys live? Delhi?
    B) Do you have some online group?
    सच के आसपास का झूठ पकड़ना मुश्किल होता है
  • perky said:

Thanks a ton.
    But please do post your strategy whenever you get time. Thanks again
  • Tell strategy for ppr 1 last year in ppr 1 i scored109 in ppr two 151
  • Sociology doesn't ruin your chances.
    It gives you results corresponding to the effort you make.
    I have given 2 interviews with Sociology. Scored 298 in Sociology yet could not make it through because of GS-2. All I can say is to write a lot with Sociology. And get them evaluated from someone good with the subject in your friend circle. You will see drastic improvement in your scores.
  • Out in 3rd mains....
  • Out with socio 5 mains and 2 interview
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog