Write the Prelims 7 Times before you write it on June 3
Write Simulator Test 2 at 9AM on April 8. Get Scorecard same day by 9PM. Enroll now ! Do not wait till its too late! Enrollment Links :1) Simulator Tests : 8 GS Tests 2) Simulator Tests : 8 GS + 4 CSAT Tests
Unacademy Plus - Live Classes by India’s Best Educators
Seats going fast for all UPSC CSE Prelim's 18 courses. Click on the below link for details -

(1) Modern Indian History                                         (2) Environment & Ecology
(3) Polity, Current Affairs & Govt. Schemes            (4)Budget & Economic survey
(5) Geography with MCQ's                                        (6) Important Current Affairs
Learn from India’s Best Educators. Limited Seats! Register now

Geography optional mains performance(share mistakes and what worked)

Please share your mistakes and what worked for those who got through.

Comments

• In with geo... Others also please post your result
  • In with geo
    One can evaluate performance only after marks are declared.
    CSE 2016 Indian Police Service ( IPS )
  • In with geo
    One can evaluate performance only after marks are declared.

In.

Agree abt evaluation, especially with the kind of optional we have chosen.
    I know we haven't got much, but whatever little there is - its worth fighting for.
  • will you share one or 2 answers for the question asked in paper-1 from the 20 or 15 marker. this will give us a hint of where we are going wrong. pls selected candidates.. @Trupence Grasshopper @Mudit_jain_ips @Imad @nandini @ambitious_rai @Maverick33 @Max2015
  • like pls answer how u solved the hearltland theory question,applicability of cpt, contemporary paradigms in geography.... any one pls.. take it as a request
  • Out.. First attempt.. :(
  • Out second mains. Geography.
  • gobardhan said:

will you share one or 2 answers for the question asked in paper-1 from the 20 or 15 marker. this will give us a hint of where we are going wrong. pls selected candidates.. @Trupence Grasshopper @Mudit_jain_ips @Imad @nandini @ambitious_rai @Maverick33 @Max2015

I'll write all P2 answers someday.. Had written 3-4 answers just after mains, but then didn't feel enough motivation so stopped :/
    https://maverick33blog.wordpress.com/ Will add more, once I feel like.
    CSE '16 : Interview
  • Out. BC ye optional me chaiye kya samajh hi nahi aa raha.
    BTW,first attempt. Thinking to commit suicide again.
    Prelims=1 ,Mains= 1* , PT=0

Geography Optional.
  • In with geog..guys who cud not make it plz dont panic..
  • Beuce said:

Out. BC ye optional me chaiye kya samajh hi nahi aa raha.

022-25521111
  • @Trupence Grasshopper @Mudit_jain_ips

Sir 1st mains with geo....not cleared....dnt knw how to proceed with geo now. Plz guide.
  • In. I think geog has done well.
  • Beuce said:

Peace bro. Last time went to interview. This time out in mains. I can understand your frustrations bro. We have just fallen from the seed, we shall grow into a tree one day. Much stronger. Relax buddy. Try hard next time. I am not advising you. Trying my best to calm you.
  • gobardhan said:

will you share one or 2 answers for the question asked in paper-1 from the 20 or 15 marker. this will give us a hint of where we are going wrong. pls selected candidates.. @Trupence Grasshopper @Mudit_jain_ips @Imad @nandini @ambitious_rai @Maverick33 @Max2015

I'll write all P2 answers someday.. Had written 3-4 answers just after mains, but then didn't feel enough motivation so stopped :/
    https://maverick33blog.wordpress.com/ Will add more, once I feel like.
    will wait for further answers sir... @Mudit_jain_ips u sir pls also contribute
  • Beuce said:

Peace bro. Last time went to interview. This time out in mains. I can understand your frustrations bro. We have just fallen from the seed, we shall grow into a tree one day. Much stronger. Relax buddy. Try hard next time. I am not advising you. Trying my best to calm you.
    Thanks a lot Sir.
    Yes I will..:) Need to work much harder..and would do it..

Geography Optional.
  • out with Geography optional(1st mains).
  • In with geog..guys who cud not make it plz dont panic..

Congratulations sir, Wish to see you in IAS list this time.

Geography Optional.
  • gobardhan said:

Hello,
    Definitely after the marksheet comes. Still don't know what worked and clicked. :)
    But as others mentioned after mains this time, savindra Singh + Rupa made simple is a necessary combo to be done.
    Atb :)
  • @nandini Ma’m wishing you all the best and luck for the personality text.
    Hope you clear it with top ranks.

Geography Optional.
  • Beuce said:

@nandini Ma’m wishing you all the best and luck for the personality text.

@Beuce thank you so much. And please don't think of giving up at all. Take a break. Take a week off from all of this and get back with vengeance. This exam is highly unpredictable but don't give up after the first attempt.
    I remember talking to you before mains and you had covered solid base in geography. Just give geogrogaphy and GS a directed effort now.
    All the best. God bless you :)
  • nandini said:

Beuce said:

@nandini Ma’m wishing you all the best and luck for the personality text.

@Beuce thank you so much. And please don't think of giving up at all. Take a break. Take a week off from all of this and get back with vengeance. This exam is highly unpredictable but don't give up after the first attempt.
    I remember talking to you before mains and you had covered solid base in geography. Just give geogrogaphy and GS a directed effort now.
    Thankyou very much ma’m.
    Definitely not leaving it. Would seek help from whenever the need arises. Please be there(Inspite of making ti the final list this year) :)

Geography Optional.
  • In , with a very bad optional
    Bismillah ar-rahman ar-rahim
  • Congrats Nandini

I guess natural law concerns Nature only :smiley:

All the best for interviews
    Prepare well !

Do share your geography tips
    TIA :)
  • Mudit Jain sir and nandini mam plz can u elaborate ur sources for geography optional?
  • in with geo.... maybe performed good in gs
    mains 2014,2015- geog opt. Waiting for final result !! hoping for the best !

कोई चुनाव मत करिए. जीवन को ऐसे अपनाइए जैसे वो अपनी समग्रता में है
  • PS9 said:

Congrats Nandini

I guess natural law concerns Nature only :smiley:

All the best for interviews
    Prepare well !

Do share your geography tips
    TIA :)

Seems so :)
    And thank you.
    Will do so, when marksheet gives me a picture of what helped and what didn't :)

• Hello,
    Definitely after the marksheet comes. Still don't know what worked and clicked. :)
    But as others mentioned after mains this time, savindra Singh + Rupa made simple is a necessary combo to be done.

Were you able to attempt all the questions in Paper 1?

• Hello,

Were you able to attempt all the questions in Paper 1?

No. Paper 2 went quite well but paper 1 went pretty bad. I don't even remember the numbers of questions I attempted correctly but I didn't know atleast 2 questions entirely.
  • nandini said:

gobardhan said:

Hello,
    congrats dear.. i really wish u make it to the final list with a great rank.
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog