Unacademy Plus - Live Classes by India’s Best Educators
Seats going fast for all UPSC CSE courses. Click below for details -
(1) Ethics, Integrity and Aptitude (2) Ancient, Medieval History, Art and Culture (3) Modern Indian History
(4) Current Affairs April 2017 to May 2018 (5) International Relations and Internal Security (6) Geography
(7) 200 Most Important Topics for UPSC CSE Prelims 2018
Learn from India’s Best Educators. Limited Seats! Register now.

ForumIAS New Batch Announcement 

MGP Batch C: (Starts 25th January, Ends 17th September)       PLAN DOCUMENT        PAYMENT LINK 
MGP + Batch C: (Starts 25th January, Ends 17th September)    PLAN DOCUMENT        PAYMENT LINK 
MGP Batch C (Rapid): (Starts 25th Jan, Ends 19th Apr)              PLAN DOCUMENT        PAYMENT LINK 

Warning letter about firing from job received

Yesterday I have received a letter asking me the reason for unauthorized absence from duties and asked me to resume duties before 15 January or else I have to face action. But I have already sent them one mail stating that due to illness of my mother I will not be able to attend my duties and I will inform you when I can join duty. My dad received the letter and now my parents are like what bullshit you are doing , you are in home all these 15/20 days without informing your office. (BTW they are not excited about my preparation) . I am just pissed off. ( I have 90 days sick leave and 60 days earned leave )
Don't know what to do .
Day Dreaming ..................

Comments

• hmm..
    1. govt. job, so remain cool
    2. get your medical certificate ready with you (offer bribe or something to AUTHORISED DOCTOR/ SARKAARI HOSPITAL)
    3. without medical certificate you can't avail unauthorised leaves.
    4. Don't RECEIVE the letters delivered to your home from your office and remain COOl, nothing would happen.
    5. send them timely emails with the medical certificate of your illness (SARKAARI hospital wala).
    6. go and join for 1-2 days and again avail your leaves and send e-mails.
    7. If NO COMMUNICATION from your side then you will have to face departmental enquiry! and it's a long procedure and still you will not get fired!! haha just some disciplinary action would be taken against you like one increment down/censure etc just a MINOR penalty.
    8. Believe in yourself and if required RESIGN after availing all the benefits!!
    9. DON'T RESIGN if you don't have any other BACKING!!
    10. ALL THE BEST.
  • Thank you so much. It's a PSU, general insurance company. Today I am going to my workplace, will join tomorrow .
  • If you are working in a public sectir bank or insurance company and remain absent from work for long periods they may refuse NOC for appearing in other exams.
  • Is that NOC is absolutely necessary?? Will I face any action if I clear UPSC and resign from job before UPSC declare result ?? There is a cooling period in our job , you can rejoin after resigning within one month from the date of resignation.
  • edited January 10
    Christina said:

Is that NOC is absolutely necessary?? Will I face any action if I clear UPSC and resign from job before UPSC declare result ?? There is a cooling period in our job , you can rejoin after resigning within one month from the date of resignation.

In uosc noc is required For appearing in interview. If you show your work experience in DAF still working then you need to give NOC. If you cannit manage to get NOC you have to hide your work experience.
    In some state pcs exams NOC is required for appearing in mains also.
  • That means only if I mention my work experience then I have to show NOC , otherwise it's not required. Is it so ?
  • Christina said:

That means only if I mention my work experience then I have to show NOC , otherwise it's not required. Is it so ?

Yes.
  • Thank you so much. That's a big relief for me .
  • Give mother's medical with a well written application...continue 4 2 months ...join n den leave again after a week...u hv to become Besharam n don't hv to feel guilty...u r doing sumthin gud...it's a sacrifice dat u hv to make...all ll b well in d end...go on n finish wat u hv started..don't luk back ...face d mental torture wid patience...prepare well like it's Ur last chance ...once u ll give Ur parents results...dey ll come on board...dey can block Ur salary...n can send sum memos...u hv to reply to dem regularly...maintain regular commn...n on joining tell dem I was under gr8 stress so cudn't switch on my mobile etc...maintain regular commn wid appl n doc proof/any medical...dey can't do nethin...but if Ur leave becomes more dan 6 mnths...dey can break Ur service 4 1 yr...Dere ll b collateral damage..it's a war...dere ll b casualties...u hv 2 b mentally tough...u hv 2 make d most of dis period...take coaching in Delhi etc...make notes...dey can't fire u if u r regularly communicating Ur problem..dey can just torture u mentally wen u join...dey can block salary n give memo/send adverse remarks in ACR or personal service file...but if r so serious bout prep n r willing 2 take risk...u can do so...nobody ll fire u...but maintain regular commn..den u can present Ur case well later on while joining ki I hv regularly communicated it n yes,I had a prob...I needed it...b gud in paper work n back urself up...n as I hv said...finish wat u hv started...sum jealous bastards 4rm ofc ll try to intimidate u ,play gud cop/bad cop...sum ll tell u ki v ll help u...but trust nobody...dey all r filthy bastards who just want to know Ur little secret....NVR trust ne1 in ur orgz especially when he/she is trying 2 play nice...dey ll try to stop u coz dey just want u to b a grunt like d rest of dem...dey can do nothing if u hold on to Ur words firmly...dey r just r bunch of cowards who r in d way...prepare well to succeed...it is going to b a test of Ur character n how serious u r bout Ur dream...don't give up n always move forward...always forward!! Make d most of leave but widout stress
    ..don't even Luk back after applying for leave 4 a month...den again do so after a month..repeat for 2 months ..join for a week ...go again...don't think bout it during leave oderwise u ll nt b able to concentrate..nothing ll hpn...dey can't fire u on regular commn...minimize contact wid parents 4 dis tym n tell dem nt to wry n tell dem dat many Oder aspirants do dis too ...reach till interview, take coaching n parents ll understand...dey r just worried as dey care bout u...
  • banbhatt said:

Christina said:

That means only if I mention my work experience then I have to show NOC , otherwise it's not required. Is it so ?

Yes.
    No NOC is needed for UPSC interview even if u show experience in DAF...dnt wry...resign after getting selected n join UPSC...no permission is needed 4 giving d exam..just a mere intimation wud do just fine..moreover nobody can stop ne1 4rm going 4 a better opportunity..it's SC judgement...moreover it's ok to apply for 4 jobs in a year according to service rules...dey can't deny dat
  • Okay Maverick, those words are awesome. Thank you so much for your reply regarding my office problem and NOC one . Thank you again.
  • banbhatt said:

Christina said:

Is that NOC is absolutely necessary?? Will I face any action if I clear UPSC and resign from job before UPSC declare result ?? There is a cooling period in our job , you can rejoin after resigning within one month from the date of resignation.

In uosc noc is required For appearing in interview. If you show your work experience in DAF still working then you need to give NOC. If you cannit manage to get NOC you have to hide your work experience.
    In some state pcs exams NOC is required for appearing in mains also.
    NO Noc is required anytime in upsc. One just need to submit an application to their department head.. That you are appearing for Cse examination.

In mains Daf, one needs to submit a self undertaking that he has informed his deptt on xyz date..
    Nowhere upsc need any NOC from your department or boss eyc
  • Christina said:

Yesterday I have received a letter asking me the reason for unauthorized absence from duties and asked me to resume duties before 15 January or else I have to face action. But I have already sent them one mail stating that due to illness of my mother I will not be able to attend my duties and I will inform you when I can join duty. My dad received the letter and now my parents are like what bullshit you are doing , you are in home all these 15/20 days without informing your office. (BTW they are not excited about my preparation) . I am just pissed off. ( I have 90 days sick leave and 60 days earned leave )
    Don't know what to do .

i took 2 years leave from state govt. wdout pay for m tech. main aim was to study at delhi and prep for upsc, and took admission in a collg too. if u can do anything like dat....
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog