Unacademy Plus - Live Classes by India’s Best Educators
Seats going fast for all UPSC CSE courses. Click below for details -
(1) Ethics, Integrity and Aptitude (2) Ancient, Medieval History, Art and Culture (3) Modern Indian History
(4) Current Affairs April 2017 to May 2018 (5) International Relations and Internal Security (6) Geography
(7) 200 Most Important Topics for UPSC CSE Prelims 2018
Learn from India’s Best Educators. Limited Seats! Register now.

ForumIAS New Batch Announcement 

MGP Batch C: (Starts 25th January, Ends 17th September)       PLAN DOCUMENT        PAYMENT LINK 
MGP + Batch C: (Starts 25th January, Ends 17th September)    PLAN DOCUMENT        PAYMENT LINK 
MGP Batch C (Rapid): (Starts 25th Jan, Ends 19th Apr)              PLAN DOCUMENT        PAYMENT LINK 

Isn't it TIME to start thinking about entering POLITICS to clean up the MESS?

Hi friends.the reason for this discussion is not to divert you from your dream but to just collate different perspectives regarding issue of entering politics at early age without harming our side livelihood options.Today our administration is nothing but arena of few powerful humans. There is blatant misuse,abuse,atrocities and neglect of human values.I think this is time we need to keep aside our idealistic interpretations of this world and seriously start thinking about provide some help in nation building. Please provide your perspectives.we all know that all of us may not enter civil services.thus it is common sense that we are actually wasting time n energy if keep repeating different administration exams.my point is the Upsc preparation itself has taught us many things and has made us a better human being.so why not use these qualities in politics without expecting much?

Comments

• F5F5
    edited January 6
  • this is an link which precisely answers questions like yours ,a girl asks (26:30 to 31:30) the same question .
    *Your* tears! *Your* blood! Your *pathetic* lives forged into something of worth
  • Disclaimer- anything negative you find in this comment, is definitely not for you.

Realistic politics chalti hai dost, ye idealistic bol bachan dene wale tikte nahi hai. I find people now a days hypocrite (actually bigger than the already existing political leaders) when they talk about ideals or revolution on one hand and on the other hand do all pathetic things !!

Enter the politics if you wish, become Sarpanch, ward member or MLA or MP, make one village or district or your constituency the developed one (in real socio-eco-pol terms), make your voters understand the problems of caste, religion etc to overcome the issues related to them, try to establish true secular values among your voters, set the standard for others to follow. things change gradually, any radical change is not sustainable in longer run and may become a chaos.

Just thinking that people will hit the street and start the a revolution to change the politics is utterly stupid idea, as our country is mostly democratic (at least nobody from the establishment is going to kill me or arrest me, If i maintain a low profile and don't become a bloody hero to challenge the establishment ! :lol: ).

PS- Kuch bhi karo but AK type kuch mat karna. It hurts when a political party which has its roots in India against corruption movement, doing all the stupid things and not delivering.

Against Islamic terrorism, Hindu nation agenda of RSS, Communist bloodshed in Kerala and WB. Learning "how to become a rationalist".

हर हर महादेव | जय माँ भवानी |
  • I do understand your view.however on numerous occasions we have seen the travesty of democracy and values.but then should we just ignore such degradation? It would be like living in a shell like ostrich.I am not talking about bringing about revolution in a short time.we can at least bring together and link people with rationality and morality.we can at least small things to help make our society a bit more egalitarian.
  • At least we can use the internet revolution to stand together and influence more people for bringing about the change.
  • Bhai bakar thread pr aao wha apka mudda discuss Ho rha
  • Bhai bakar thread pr aao wha apka mudda discuss Ho rha</blockquote
    Brother m talking seriously.

• Bhai bakar thread pr aao wha apka mudda discuss Ho rha

Bro wha b serious discussion chl rha!
  • edited January 7

this is an link which precisely answers questions like yours ,a girl asks (26:30 to 31:30) the same question .

M not asking to jump into politics directly. Firstly we need to bring ethical and good people together.moreover expectations should be kept to minimum. Kind of selfless service.
  • this is an link which precisely answers questions like yours ,a girl asks (26:30 to 31:30) the same question .

I forwarded it to 26:30 but couldn't help watching the whole of it, bereft of clichés it was. Thanks for sharing.

• The space for politics for young people has been taken over by jnu students at the national level who are just mouthpieces of the their big papa parties. If u ask them the nitty gritty of India's politics and administration, they will freeze in horror, lekin bandar ki tarah ucchalne har jagah chale jaate Hain.. (I can say this, I studied there).

At the local level, politics belongs to children of politician papas. Or if you have worked hard enough all ur life and managed to pay a few ppl by the time u r in ur 40s-50s, u can get into local politics, but at this point people like to get returns on their "investment" in politics.

• At least we can use the internet revolution to stand together and influence more people for bringing about the change.

No man. You should not tolerate the murder of democratic values ! but the point is, the system we have built in last 70 years requires great efforts to bring even a small change! we are pathetic in so many ways and spectacular in other so many ways too. Resistance within the system and among people whom system governs is huge ! Becoming a civil servant is one the method to bring an iota of change in this rotten system. Nothing more or less.

So many awakened souls doing their bit through various platforms. People are channelizing their energy to bring mindset change through internet too, raising their voice at the real grass root level through human contact too.

You might have a good idea to put your efforts to bring a change, finding like-minded people can be a difficult task, you take the first leap and people who share the same vision will eventually join it. That's what I can say.
    Against Islamic terrorism, Hindu nation agenda of RSS, Communist bloodshed in Kerala and WB. Learning "how to become a rationalist".

हर हर महादेव | जय माँ भवानी |
  • Hi friends.the reason for this discussion is not to divert you from your dream but to just collate different perspectives regarding issue of entering politics at early age without harming our side livelihood options.Today our administration is nothing but arena of few powerful humans. There is blatant misuse,abuse,atrocities and neglect of human values.I think this is time we need to keep aside our idealistic interpretations of this world and seriously start thinking about provide some help in nation building. Please provide your perspectives.we all know that all of us may not enter civil services.thus it is common sense that we are actually wasting time n energy if keep repeating different administration exams.my point is the Upsc preparation itself has taught us many things and has made us a better human being.so why not use these qualities in politics without expecting much?

Join RSS. A person like Modi jeee from humble background became a PM through RSS
  • I am with you...let's create a group of like minded people and see what can be done....the time of youth has already arrived...let's enter politics and show the power of demographic dividend
    Be positive..Be patient....Everything comes to you in the right moment.

No man. You should not tolerate the murder of democratic values ! but the point is, the system we have built in last 70 years requires great efforts to bring even a small change! we are pathetic in so many ways and spectacular in other so many ways too. Resistance within the system and among people whom system governs is huge ! Becoming a civil servant is one the method to bring an iota of change in this rotten system. Nothing more or less.

So many awakened souls doing their bit through various platforms. People are channelizing their energy to bring mindset change through internet too, raising their voice at the real grass root level through human contact too.

You might have a good idea to put your efforts to bring a change, finding like-minded people can be a difficult task, you take the first leap and people who share the same vision will eventually join it. That's what I can say.
    Have witnessed almost 15 instances where there was blatant injustice with all the evidences against the maladministration. After trying all the available options,meeting IAS/IPS officers,judiciary what u get is HELPLESSNESS.judiciary takes time to resolve cases n ultimately makes true..justice delayed is justice denied.so if after becoming an IAS/IPS still u can not do justice then what is the point in searching that ideal? Yes becoming an IAS/IPS will make us important, valuable in society but what next? Every fish has its predator.instead why can't we build a society where money,power losses their prime importance?

Have witnessed almost 15 instances where there was blatant injustice with all the evidences against the maladministration. After trying all the available options,meeting IAS/IPS officers,judiciary what u get is HELPLESSNESS.judiciary takes time to resolve cases n ultimately makes true..justice delayed is justice denied.so if after becoming an IAS/IPS still u can not do justice then what is the point in searching that ideal? Yes becoming an IAS/IPS will make us important, valuable in society but what next? Every fish has its predator.instead why can't we build a society where money,power losses their prime importance?
    We r doing that. Our constitution is ushering in such a revolution silently
  • I am with you...let's create a group of like minded people and see what can be done....the time of youth has already arrived...let's enter politics and show the power of demographic dividend

Let's create a telegram group...
  • Wtsapp or telegram wtever suits
    Be positive..Be patient....Everything comes to you in the right moment.

We r doing that. Our constitution is ushering in such a revolution silently
    But the justice we r getting is too slow may not reach us in this lifetime
  • Wtsapp or telegram wtever suits

Telegram is better..can share big files plus secure

Hardik Patel, Jignesh mewani , Alpesh Thakore are doing just that. Why not join them instead

Hardik Patel, Jignesh mewani , Alpesh Thakore are doing just that. Why not join them instead
    They r associating themselves with particular group.. This is not right step

They r associating themselves with particular group.. This is not right step
    We shd use all Upsc knowledge in building such movement
  • edited January 7
    By coming together n creating such association I am not asking everybody to loose focus on their dreams n start participating actively but at least come together, discuss, do whatever little u can do n start doing something meaningful right now..why wait for selection in upsc..if we get selected well n good if not we still have something to take pride in.
  • Be positive..Be patient....Everything comes to you in the right moment.
  • We need to create group n not channel..so that everyone can share.
  • No it's not the right time. It's right time to

1. Prepare for PT in case u hv given mains this yr.

2. Finish optional in case u failed prelims at margins last yr.

3. Prepare basics for 3rd june prelims in case u failed it last yr by >5+ marks.

However it's right time to enter politics and clean the mess iffff

1. Last yr was ur last attempt in cse.

2. Next prelims is ur 1st attempt and u hv not studied anything till now.

3. You have strong political lineage back home.

4. You are recently married !

That's it.

PS- Strictlyyy PERSONAL OPINION. :mrgreen:
    Being IAS... 4 U Onlyyy... :-)
  • Disclaimer- anything negative you find in this comment, is definitely not for you.

Realistic politics chalti hai dost, ye idealistic bol bachan dene wale tikte nahi hai. I find people now a days hypocrite (actually bigger than the already existing political leaders) when they talk about ideals or revolution on one hand and on the other hand do all pathetic things !!

Enter the politics if you wish, become Sarpanch, ward member or MLA or MP, make one village or district or your constituency the developed one (in real socio-eco-pol terms), make your voters understand the problems of caste, religion etc to overcome the issues related to them, try to establish true secular values among your voters, set the standard for others to follow. things change gradually, any radical change is not sustainable in longer run and may become a chaos.

Just thinking that people will hit the street and start the a revolution to change the politics is utterly stupid idea, as our country is mostly democratic (at least nobody from the establishment is going to kill me or arrest me, If i maintain a low profile and don't become a bloody hero to challenge the establishment ! :lol: ).

PS- Kuch bhi karo but AK type kuch mat karna. It hurts when a political party which has its roots in India against corruption movement, doing all the stupid things and not delivering.

+1
  • No it's not the right time. It's right time to

1. Prepare for PT in case u hv given mains this yr.

2. Finish optional in case u failed prelims at margins last yr.

3. Prepare basics for 3rd june prelims in case u failed it last yr by >5+ marks.

However it's right time to enter politics and clean the mess iffff

1. Last yr was ur last attempt in cse.

2. Next prelims is ur 1st attempt and u hv not studied anything till now.

3. You have strong political lineage back home.

4. You are recently married !

That's it.

PS- Strictlyyy PERSONAL OPINION. :mrgreen:

M not asking anybody to loose their focus on Upsc exam.m just asking to come together if you think what I am saying is right and if you are really aware of the real life scenario beyond books..
  • As of now we are around 10 lac Upsc aspirants who are some what enlightened. Just think can we all ever get IAS POST of our choice,cadre and everything considering just 120 seats per year?.majority of us will fail to crack the Upsc only cz of cut throat competition. Year after year we dream of dream post only to realise that we have wasted many years in this.moreover Upsc is not directly proportional to ur hard work n its very unpredictable. We need to have back ups ready. Backs ups for livelihood, back ups for higher dream.but yeah till we have time n attempts left we can participate in this race just to unearth our potential and capabilities and to earn respect for our family,people.
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog