Write the Prelims 7 Times before you write it on June 3
Write Simulator Test 2 at 9AM on April 8. Get Scorecard same day by 9PM. Enroll now ! Do not wait till its too late! Enrollment Links :1) Simulator Tests : 8 GS Tests 2) Simulator Tests : 8 GS + 4 CSAT Tests
Unacademy Plus - Live Classes by India’s Best Educators
Seats going fast for all UPSC CSE Prelim's 18 courses. Click on the below link for details -

(1) Modern Indian History                                         (2) Environment & Ecology
(3) Polity, Current Affairs & Govt. Schemes            (4)Budget & Economic survey
(5) Geography with MCQ's                                        (6) Important Current Affairs
Learn from India’s Best Educators. Limited Seats! Register now

Correction in DAF

I had mistakenly written wrong date in employment column of DAF. Can something be done to change it?

Comments

• I had mistakenly written wrong date in employment column of DAF. Can something be done to change it?

Those things do not disqualify you nor do they create a problem in your selecetion. You can visit UPSC or call them. They will usually ask you to submit a letter pointing to the same and requesting for correction.

If you are not in Delhi, please keep a copy of letter and the receipt of speed post with you.

Rest assured it is not a big issue at all. You can request for that correction now, or wait for the results to come.
    Feel free to share what you did and what happened. A lot of people will be going through this thread in future and you will be helping them all.
    *No good deed goes unpunished*
  • Neyawn said:

I had mistakenly written wrong date in employment column of DAF. Can something be done to change it?

Those things do not disqualify you nor do they create a problem in your selecetion. You can visit UPSC or call them. They will usually ask you to submit a letter pointing to the same and requesting for correction.

If you are not in Delhi, please keep a copy of letter and the receipt of speed post with you.

Rest assured it is not a big issue at all. You can request for that correction now, or wait for the results to come.
    Feel free to share what you did and what happened. A lot of people will be going through this thread in future and you will be helping them all.
    Simple e-mail to upsc will solve your problem... I rectified the same in my daf...
  • Do we need to submit any certificate of work experience/ employment??
  • @Neywan: Thanks
    @liverpool: Thanks..Can you please mention the ID to which you had sent mail..
    @dreamer_of_dilli: There is no need to submit any certificate of work experience/employment.
  • @rinkoomeena_14 : thanks for information
  • @Neywan: Thanks
    @liverpool: Thanks..Can you please mention the ID to which you had sent mail..
    @dreamer_of_dilli: There is no need to submit any certificate of work experience/employment.

Contact me jo upsc website ke liye diya hai... Wahi...
  • Feedback upsc@.... Wale pe
  • @liverpool I have sent the mail....but.....How would I know that they have corrected the date in DAF?
  • I have not written that I appeared for cds,nda and capf ......though I wasn't selected.Is there need to send it,for correction.
  • @liverpool I have sent the mail....but.....How would I know that they have corrected the date in DAF?

Wait for few days... A mail will come to you regarding the change... You can communicate then
  • edited January 7
  • @liverpool I had sent a mail to feedback-upsc@gov.in on 08/01 regarding correction of date in DAF but haven't received any mail till now. What should I do?

Kindly reply
    IPS in making
  • liverpool I had sent a mail to feedback-upsc@gov.in on 08/01 regarding correction of date in DAF but haven't received any mail till now. What should I do?

Email ur issue to csm-upsc@nic.in
    And then follow up with ext 3141 next day. They will let you know the status.
    Aspiring Diplomat.
    Prelims: 2, Mains: 2*, Interview: 0

• nonpareil said:

liverpool I had sent a mail to feedback-upsc@gov.in on 08/01 regarding correction of date in DAF but haven't received any mail till now. What should I do?

Email ur issue to csm-upsc@nic.in
    And then follow up with ext 3141 next day. They will let you know the status.
    What is ext 3141? some phone number?

Kindly reply
    I don't think they will ask for your experience certificates. I had gone for EPFO interview which had 2 years of work experience in relevant field as desirable qualification and they didn't even ask for the certificates despite filling 3 or 4 job details. This was the same for all.

For CSM Interview, I assume they will be verifying only those certificates mentioned in the check list and instructions doc uploaded along with the e-summon letter.

@rinkoomeena_14 Forget about any erroneous date that you have filled in DAF. I am sure the board will have plenty of other things to concentrate on in your DAF. Say it was a typo in case they ask
  • @rinkoomeena_14 @ExNihilo please dial to facilitation number and then use this extension number (3141).
    Aspiring Diplomat.
    Prelims: 2, Mains: 2*, Interview: 0

Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog