Last Minute Tips from a First Attempt Rank Holder by CSE Rank 96: Mayur Kathawate
Online/Offline Batch Enrollment For Focussed Foundation Program 2019 (limited seats available)
Click Here :- Details | Register | Download Brochure
Unacademy Plus - Live Classes by India’s Best Educators
Seats going fast for all UPSC CSE Prelim's 18 courses. Click on the below link for details -

(1) Last Lap Current Affairs for Prelims 2018           (2) Science and Technology for Mains 2018 & Prelims 2019
(3) Comprehensive module for Ancient, Medieval, Modern History - Pre+Mains    (4) Concepts + latest developments in Environment/Ecology (Pre & Mains)
(5) Class 6-12 NCERT Summary for all the Subjects -Mains 18 & Prelims 19     (6) Important Topics for Mains GS Paper 2 and 3
Learn from India’s Best Educators. Limited Seats! Register now

New to Forum ias TARGET 2018 !!

Hello All..
I am new to this forum and want some insights on how to go about using this platform...I tried following insights secure , ias baba daily news but ended up it utter despair as revision became quite cumbersome , I came across this platform while searching something on Google . I need help particularly with respect to mains xurent affairs preparation...On very online initiatives there are few articles considered important by one and some other article budged important by another...This leads to so much confusion...So many links and hyperlinks takes one nowhere....
PLEASE LEAVE YOUR TAKE ON THIS...
Regards !!

Comments

• edited December 2017
    There are certain things which you need to follow while preparing from the online mode. There is so much wilderness that one get lost in this "UPSC JUNGLE". Follow these basic rules and timeline if your immediate attention is to clear prelims.
    before mid- march or end- feb

1. Avoid the daily initiatives on all the major online sites ( BABA, Insights and others) it will cause you more frusturation than confidence
    2. Build basic firsts from the books, no need to go for online at this stage
    3. If you are done with the basics then, buy 10-15 year previous year UPSC prelims questions, try to solve and complement the basic knowledge on the questions where you did not have any idea.

Building Basics and getting acquintance with the UPSC trends should be completed till feb or at max Mid march.

After mid march or end feb

After that you can join the online initiatives( i will tell you which one but your choice !!), but buy only when you have read all the basics ( concepts,books,NCERTs data etc)

1. I guess you are a Delhi based student; then buy the prelims test series of 3 institutes from the xerox shops in ORN ( my choices :insightsonindia, iasbaba, and vision )
    2. Follow the 60 days plan of IASBABA and 45 days of Insights along with the 3 test series.

3. make notes of the questions where you faulted and made silly mistakes. keep track of all the unknown concepts in a separate notebook. It will come handy before revising, because you have to revise only those things which were difficult for you.

Regards,

Modernbudha
  • There are certain things which you need to follow while preparing from the online mode. There is so much wilderness that one get lost in this "UPSC JUNGLE". Follow these basic rules and timeline if your immediate attention is to clear prelims.
    before mid- march or end- feb

1. Avoid the daily initiatives on all the major online sites ( BABA, Insights and others) it will cause you more frusturation than confidence
    2. Build basic firsts from the books, no need to go for online at this stage
    3. If you are done with the basics then, buy 10-15 year previous year UPSC prelims questions, try to solve and complement the basic knowledge on the questions where you did not have any idea.

Building Basics and getting acquintance with the UPSC trends should be completed till feb or at max Mid march.

After mid march or end feb

After that you can join the online initiatives( i will tell you which one but your choice !!), but buy only when you have read all the basics ( concepts,books,NCERTs data etc)

1. I guess you are a Delhi based student; then buy the prelims test series of 3 institutes from the xerox shops in ORN ( my choices :insightsonindia, iasbaba, and vision )
    2. Follow the 60 days plan of IASBABA and 45 days of Insights along with the 3 test series.

3. make notes of the questions where you faulted and made silly mistakes. keep track of all the unknown concepts in a separate notebook. It will come handy before revising, because you have to revise only those things which were difficult for you.

Regards,

Modernbudha

Hey... Thanks a lot for your suggestions.... I am from meerut and i am already reading basic books and giving tests too every 15 daya as per the preparation....I am preparing daily current affairs too...I want to know what to do for mains current affairs...I liked 7pm editorial of forum...
    Major hurdle is how to revise left out current ...(July to November )...Which magazine or source to use?
  • Prelims 2018, U r FEARFUL, I can HELP U,

IF U want to crack the UPSC Prelims 2018, I can Help u in getting 120+ marks

I can teach u in ur Room(As a Home Tutor) ( In one to one Interaction, U can learn a lot and clear your doubts which is most important part for cracking Prelims) if u are living in ( Shadipur, Patel Nagar, Old Rajendra Nagar) all the GS subject along with Current Affair.

Do not loose opportunity, Time is biggest asset, Take Home tuition as filling the gap so u can Secure
    120+ Marks

About Me Raj Madhvan B.Tech+ 1.5 yr Work EX+ Prelim2016(108 Mark)+Prelim 2017(98 Marks)
    Call me 8285080171 rajmadhvan@gmail.com

Raj Madhvan 8285080171rajmadhvan@gmail.com

I can teach u in ur Room(As a Home Tutor) ( In one to one Interaction, U can learn a lot and clear your doubts which is most important part for cracking Prelims) if u are living in ( Shadipur, Patel Nagar, Old Rajendra Nagar) all the GS subject along with Current Affair.

Do not loose opportunity, Time is biggest asset, Take Home tuition as filling the gap so u can Secure
    120+ Marks

About Me Raj Madhvan B.Tech+ 1.5 yr Work EX+ Prelim2016(108 Mark)+Prelim 2017(98 Marks)

Thank u so much for your take...But I am not delhi and i am not seeking tuitions per se...Rather, I just wanted some insights as how to go about online sources for prepration.

120+ Marks

Please refrain from spamming @honeyfunny .
    Consider this your first and last warning.
    Prelims: 4. Mains: 2. Interview: 1. Rank: NA.
    Deputy Collector and Sub-Divisional Magistrate - Gujarat.
    "Only through time time is conquered."
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog