How to Conquer GS in UPSC Mains, Explained By Anudeep Durishetty AIR 1 CSE 2017 Writing a good Essay in UPSC Mains, Explained by Anudeep Durishetty Answer Writing Focus Group for Mains 2018 – Details DOWNLOAD: UPSC Prelims 2018 GS Paper I UPDATE : Answer Writing Group ( Offline | New Delhi ) Registrations Are Now Open!
27 JULY | 200+ Issues for Mains 2018 ForumIAS is conducting classes for Current Affairs Mains. Cover upto 200+ Issues important for Mains , with specific focus on holistic coverage and content differentiation. Attend the first session ( Open to All ) at 11AM, on Friday July 27 at ForumIAS Offline Center, New Delhi.
CLICK HERE to read more and register for the First Open Class
Current Affairs ( Pre + Mains ) 2019 | 4 Aug | Attend First 3 Classes Free ForumIAS Weekly Current Affairs Classes commence from Saturday, 4 August, 5AM, at ForumIAS Offline Center, New Delhi.We invite you to attend the first three classes free
CLICK HERE to register for attending the classes on August 4, 5 and 11.

Insights Secure

I am the contributor to the synopsis of the Secure initiative of Insights currently. From December, we have radically altered the pattern of Secure Synopsis.
As the New Year approaches, we want your honest opinion on what changes can be made in the questions which are put daily.
Should we provide a dedicated timetable and balance the ratio between static part and current affairs questions? Obviously, there will be more comprehensive coverage of topics left in GS 1 particularly.
Your views.

Comments

• Static portion shud b given more space. Yes timetable also vich covers all syllabus. It will be good then.
  • iasbaba also has daily question programme
  • Keep the focus equal to both static and current affairs! Paper pattern keeps changing everytime.
  • if possible provide synopsis of static part topicwise for paper 2 and paper 3....
  • hi peblo..i'm having a query regarding insights program..doing daily current affairs+editorial+securesynopsis would be sufficient for gs2 gs3 mains 2018, atleast content wise? from nov 2017 to sept 2018??
  • is secure initiative better than mains marathon by forum? If we compare this daily answer writing initiative of iasbaba, insights , forum ..........which one is good in terms of content covering both dynamic and static part well?

Currently i am doing forum........i found some of the model answers given are very good but many of them are below par. For eg. one question was related to widow status .... it was answered well by mentioning all the articles related to women welfare but in an answer related to police reforms, they have not even mentioned prakash singh vs union of india case and SC guidelines in this case.
    Anyone?
  • is secure initiative better than mains marathon by forum? If we compare this daily answer writing initiative of iasbaba, insights , forum ..........which one is good in terms of content covering both dynamic and static part well?

Currently i am doing forum........i found some of the model answers given are very good but many of them are below par. For eg. one question was related to widow status .... it was answered well by mentioning all the articles related to women welfare but in an answer related to police reforms, they have not even mentioned prakash singh vs union of india case and SC guidelines in this case.
    Anyone?

any kind soul....please reply to this.......
  • I will say that Secure synopsis is better. As the post says, I think that quality of synopsis has improved in December.
    I certainly believe that November 2017 to September 2018 will be more than sufficient given that it would have covered 8 questions daily*25 days in a month atleast*11 months = 2200 questions.
  • U should make it more secure first!!
  • peblo said:

I will say that Secure synopsis is better. As the post says, I think that quality of synopsis has improved in December.
    I certainly believe that November 2017 to September 2018 will be more than sufficient given that it would have covered 8 questions daily*25 days in a month atleast*11 months = 2200 questions.

Though quality has undoubtedly improved yet it is still quite low.
    lots of direct copy paste make it difficult to read. Answer should be in simple crisp language and in short sentence format. As one would expect to write in exam.it should be at max 300 words.(sometimes they extend upto ridiculous 500 words. )
    Insight gives many analytical, insightful and well thought questions , which are the best among its peers. But it also has highest number of redundant and waste questions , which will never be asked. One may skip them but it creates sense of incompleteness (not a good feeling for an aspirant).

Anyone?

Secure is better
    Rank 42 , CSE 2017

Live intensely.
    Dont become.Be

https://sudhirgahlot.wordpress.com
  • I am referring Secure compilation from 2015. My observations and suggestions to improve:

1. Questions are poorly framed. They are not upto the standard of UPSC pattern (Of course no institute can match UPSC, but definitely can try to better word them).
    2. Quantity of questions you post may increase your hit ratio after Mains and help you to claim 18/20 or 80% of questions came from Insights, but its not good from aspirants point of view. Make the task simple. You need not ask question on Iran Nuclear deal, floods, drought each and every day. Avoid repetition of topics unless significant development happens in that issue.
    3. Importance to static portion is missing. Currently UPSC, we can observe from last two Mains and Prelims, is making Prelims current affairs oriented and Mains static oriented. So adapt to the change.
    4. Please keep in mind UPSC is not asking question keeping single specific article of The hindu or Live Mint in mind. Many of your questions are too specific. There is no scope to answer if you have not read those articles. But that is not same with UPSC. It frames broad based questions and there will be ample scope to write 3 page answers even for a layman. So my suggestion is that while framing question on specific issue see it from holistic perspective. Then try to frame questions.

I hope you consider my observations as healthy criticism and use them to improve quality of secure initiative.
    "Unpredictable" Public Service Commission and Uncertain Future.
  • Anthropology Optional Course and Test Series @ Chennai. Interested People can attend Free Demo Class on 31st Dec 2017 at 10 a.m.. If not please Ignore. Thank you. :)
    Anthropology Demo Class-1.png
    1700 x 2494 - 1M
  • peblo said:

I will say that Secure synopsis is better. As the post says, I think that quality of synopsis has improved in December.

Though quality has undoubtedly improved yet it is still quite low.
    lots of direct copy paste make it difficult to read. Answer should be in simple crisp language and in short sentence format. As one would expect to write in exam.it should be at max 300 words.(sometimes they extend upto ridiculous 500 words. )
    Insight gives many analytical, insightful and well thought questions , which are the best among its peers. But it also has highest number of redundant and waste questions , which will never be asked. One may skip them but it creates sense of incompleteness (not a good feeling for an aspirant).

Quite low? Seriously.
    We will suggest you to make comparative analysis of December's with earlier ones.

One, we are bound to use the link source and other standard sources to hedge against our own biases which will creep in if we try to make the answer on our own.

Two, the length of answers have been considerably reduced. Having said this, you should appreciate that we do not claim to provide exact answer, but also the backgroun information which is related albeit not directly. Recently we are classifying the answer into several shorter paragraphs and points to make easy read. Please check.
  • Vakkoda said:

I am referring Secure compilation from 2015. My observations and suggestions to improve:

1. Questions are poorly framed. They are not upto the standard of UPSC pattern (Of course no institute can match UPSC, but definitely can try to better word them).
    2. Quantity of questions you post may increase your hit ratio after Mains and help you to claim 18/20 or 80% of questions came from Insights, but its not good from aspirants point of view. Make the task simple. You need not ask question on Iran Nuclear deal, floods, drought each and every day. Avoid repetition of topics unless significant development happens in that issue.
    3. Importance to static portion is missing. Currently UPSC, we can observe from last two Mains and Prelims, is making Prelims current affairs oriented and Mains static oriented. So adapt to the change.
    4. Please keep in mind UPSC is not asking question keeping single specific article of The hindu or Live Mint in mind. Many of your questions are too specific. There is no scope to answer if you have not read those articles. But that is not same with UPSC. It frames broad based questions and there will be ample scope to write 3 page answers even for a layman. So my suggestion is that while framing question on specific issue see it from holistic perspective. Then try to frame questions.

I hope you consider my observations as healthy criticism and use them to improve quality of secure initiative.

We have taken your suggestions serously and will convey the same. But still I would like to answer a few of the charges in the respective order.

1. We will look into the quality of questions. Mind you, we will be revamping soon.

2. Most questions which seem repetitive are supposed to address the different aspects of a particular topic.

3. We would like to differ that Mains has become static-oriented, but we would like to make a fair balance between the static and dynamic questions.

4. The scope of questions we are framing is sufficiently broad and one is always welcome to write answers beyond the contours of the specific article link given. We infact encourage to make use of your previous notes, both from the books and newspapers, on any particular topic.
  • peblo said:

Vakkoda said:

I am referring Secure compilation from 2015. My observations and suggestions to improve:

We have taken your suggestions serously and will convey the same. But still I would like to answer a few of the charges in the respective order.

1. We will look into the quality of questions. Mind you, we will be revamping soon.

2. Most questions which seem repetitive are supposed to address the different aspects of a particular topic.

3. We would like to differ that Mains has become static-oriented, but we would like to make a fair balance between the static and dynamic questions.

4. The scope of questions we are framing is sufficiently broad and one is always welcome to write answers beyond the contours of the specific article link given. We infact encourage to make use of your previous notes, both from the books and newspapers, on any particular topic.
    Please add the tag feature so that if someone wants to look at the questions from a particular section of the syllabus spread over months ...say I want to look all the questions which appeared for shg..I should be able to find all them at once..
  • Vakkoda said:

+++1
    Most dependable and important analysis for insight secure compilers. Please take these suggestions positively and make appropriate changes.

• peblo said:

I am the contributor to the synopsis of the Secure initiative of Insights currently. From December, we have radically altered the pattern of Secure Synopsis.
    As the New Year approaches, we want your honest opinion on what changes can be made in the questions which are put daily.
    Should we provide a dedicated timetable and balance the ratio between static part and current affairs questions? Obviously, there will be more comprehensive coverage of topics left in GS 1 particularly.
    Your views.

Candidates make their plans according to quality and availability of Online material.Insights has till now maintained both, and so it is appreciated by aspirants for that.
    Please clarify these queries:
    A.On Insights site there is advertise of two books: 1.Insights current affairs 2.insights Current affairs quiz
    -Is Insights going to stop 'daily current affairs'/'monthly current affairs compilation' and 'Monthly quiz compilation' which at present are open to all online community?

B.'Secure compilations' after september 2017 are not uploaded in 'Downloads' section.
    -is insights going to upload it or is it going to stop that?

Request to Insights is-please maintain continuity in any of your initiative (which insights mostly does), Be it Free/Paid.
  • peblo said:

Vakkoda said:

Please add the tag feature so that if someone wants to look at the questions from a particular section of the syllabus spread over months ...say I want to look all the questions which appeared for shg..I should be able to find all them at once..
    This will be great if incorporated. Helps in comprehensive coverage of syllabus. @peblo
    "Unpredictable" Public Service Commission and Uncertain Future.
  • Well I do agree with @peblo that recent secure synopsis were concise and objective.such info. Is crisp and easy to revise.but there is still scope for improvement.morever the TAG feature should be taken into consideration, this will make our job easy while revising or compiling notes.
  • upload the compilation of secure on time. its the biggest act of kindness u can do to an aspirant.
  • upload the compilation of secure on time. its the biggest act of kindness u can do to an aspirant.

+3

Also what about iasbaba gs tlp?
  • Thank you so much for the compliments and suggestions.
    It is good to hear that synopsis is improved.
    And suggestions will be appropriated.
  • @peblo secure synopsis content has improved tremondously undoubtedly. But I have a request or suggestion. Please try to provide synopsis from a general prespective. Dont limit your synopsis to the article.

Eg. For first question of 25 December, your synopsis covers only the non technological measures suggested in article. There could be many more (For finding out that you may need to invest heavy time and manpower). Pls try to incluse that aswell. So that it would cover tech and non tech measures holistically.
  • edited January 1
    Insight insecure :trollface:
    +1/0
    Courtsey @RajaBhaiyya
    2015- prelims failed by 1 mark
    2016 - missed final list by 9 marks
    2017- missed final list by 4 marks
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://academy.forumias.com

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog