Unacademy Plus - Live Classes by India’s Best Educators
Seats going fast for all UPSC CSE courses. Click below for details -
(1) Ethics, Integrity and Aptitude (2) Ancient, Medieval History, Art and Culture (3) Modern Indian History
(4) Current Affairs April 2017 to May 2018 (5) International Relations and Internal Security (6) Geography
Learn from India’s Best Educators. Limited Seats! Register now.

ForumIAS New Batch Announcement 

MGP Batch C: (Starts 25th January, Ends 17th September)       PLAN DOCUMENT        PAYMENT LINK 
MGP + Batch C: (Starts 25th January, Ends 17th September)    PLAN DOCUMENT        PAYMENT LINK 
MGP Batch C (Rapid): (Starts 25th Jan, Ends 19th Apr)              PLAN DOCUMENT        PAYMENT LINK 

ForumIAS Offline Select Focus Group ( SFG ) for Prelims 2018 | Details

Dear Friends,

We are about 160 days away from Prelims 2018.

Almost 10 lakh candidates will  fill up the form for the Prelims Examination. About 4 lakh will appear for the exam. 12,000 will clear the Prelims.

Half of then from Unreserved category.

But some people, despite hard work and brilliance ( and quitting lucrative jobs ) do not clear Prelims. Usually more than once.

At ForumIAS, Over the past few years, we have come across thousands of aspirants who have visited us, dropped us an email , comments on Forum Website.

A lot of them asked us how to clear Prelims. A lot of them had made mistakes in past attempts.

Some of them had quit Bank PO, SSC, and good private sector jobs, and did not make it. Some of them were first timers.

Few things we found, were common in candidates who were not able to crack Prelims examination. Year after year.

Some of these things, were unfortunately being done by even first timers. We could see it.

Most of them said/did a few common things as below :

First, they said they had done the basic books, "but were not able to answer direct questions from it, because they forgot to revise."

Second, they focused on Optional till February ( Plan was till Jan , but deadline was not met ), and decided to prepare for Prelims after that.

Third, they assumed that doing a book , like say Spectrum means reading it once and attempting / solving questions.

We know  that Prelims is a matter of three things

First, Revision

Second, Completing Syllabus on time. And that time must be two months before the exam.

Third, testing yourself , and not assuming that you are good unless you have a rank or marks to show.

We want to solve this problem.

Prelims may involve some luck. But you can only say that when you have covered the syllabus well, done multiple revisions, written tests, gotten good ranks  - all the usual stuff that is expected of you to do. And not taken  short cuts.

Of all things, Prelims should not be left to luck.

We are looking for a Select Focus Group ( SFG ) of 100 students, whom we will work with on ensuring that they clear the Prelims examination, by all means in 2018.

There is no point preparing for Optionals, Mains and Interview, or buying magazines and books and courses and foundation classes and what not, if you not clear Prelims.

And we know that there are some very brilliant candidates, who will clear Mains with a breeze, if we could help them clear Prelims in some way.

For them, Prelim is the only bottleneck between them and a position in the prestigious IAS.

Like Mallika Sudheer last year, who cracked Prelims for the first time in 2016, and ended up in final list with AIR 26.

We are working on  a practical Plan for Prelims 2018 for it.

We will be choosing 100 students for this program. These students will be mentored and guided at ForumIAS and improvements will be suggested in their Prelims strategy as well as in identifying weak areas.

The Program is expected to begin from 14th January. 

In case you are interested in the program, you must express your interest by filling up the Google Form below.

https://goo.gl/forms/DxZFHpG1p6wu6lch2

Note that this is an offline program and we expect 100% results from it, and we shall deliver it.

The program will take you through the same trajectory  and learning curve to reach a preparation level which is required to clear Prelims in a single attempt, irrespective of the nature of paper.

We will be assisted in this initiative by ForumIAS Members who have consistently cleared the Prelims Examination with  high scores .

This program does not have any course fee associated with it and is a free initiative. However , A small fee may be charged to cover the cost of logistics, stationery and printing costs of the SFG group. This fee will be nominal and will be charged on a monthly basis, and may vary per month.

To maintain the quality of the SFG Group, we may hold a generic Open Test for select serious aspirants.

For those of you interested in the program click below to register

https://goo.gl/forms/DxZFHpG1p6wu6lch2

ForumIAS

Other members who have cleared prelims kindly post your suggestions here or send us an email at ravi at the rate forumias dot com.

Comments

• @ForumIAS kyu dara rahe ho bhai 100 din bol ke
  • Anything for online ?
  • Bhai aap log CSAT main madad mat karna logo ki... 100 din Kahan se bache hain pre main ? :neutral:
  • @ForumIAS though I have filled the form, but I haven't appeared for mains till now so filled the column regarding no of mains attempt incorrect. There was a column which needed to be filled regarding mains attempt and the minimum no was atleast 1, does this imply that only people who have given mains atleast once are only eligible for this, please clarify.
    I am not among these vibrant group of youth that constitutes the common mass today. I am among those intellect group of youth who will lead the nation tomorrow.
  • edited December 2017
    100 days ???? Padhna padega boss
  • 100 days mein form nikalenge shayad. @ForumIASOfficial please tighten up ur staff. Such write up create unnecessary panic. My BP must have touched record high
  • 100 days..ha ha
    Paper 1 toh clear karaa doge, par CSAT mein aspirants ko fail karaaoge
    The day we decided that the worth of an individual was determined by their performance in an examination, that was the day Education failed us.

Long live Revolution, Down with ForumIAS. Ban me Mods
  • What about those who cant come to Delhi?

@ForumIAS Kindly provide an alternative to those who cant come to Delhi
  • In Buying coffee option, there is only Yes button that too in required list, hahah, ForumIAS , after burning ships back, and barrels of mid-night oil, u need coffee, really ? Will offer u entire coffee farm, once I cross those borders !!
  • Prelims 2018, U r FEARFUL, I can HELP U,

IF U want to crack the UPSC Prelims 2018, I can Help u in getting 115+ marks

I can teach u in ur Room(As a Home Tutor) ( one to one) if u are living in ( Shadipur, Patel Nagar, Old Rajendra Nagar) all the GS subject along with Current Affair.

About Me Raj Madhvan B.Tech+ 1.5 yr Work EX+ Prelim2016(108 Mark)+Prelim 2017(98 Marks)
    Call me 8285080171 rajmadhvan@gmail.com
    Raj Madhvan 8285080171rajmadhvan@gmail.com
  • Prelims 2018( Only 150 Days r remaining), Can You Crack it, I can HELP U,

IF U want to crack the UPSC Prelims 2018 in this attempt itself, I can Help u in getting 120+ marks

I can teach u in ur Room(As a Home Tutor) Shadipur, Patel Nagar, Old Rajendra Nagar

In 1to1 Interaction, U can learn a lot and clear your doubts which is most important part for cracking Prelims)
    Coverage of Vision and InsightonIndia Prelims Material

Do not loose opportunity, Time is biggest asset, Take Home tuition as filling the gap so u can Secure
    120+ Marks which is the ultimate Target for any student

About Me Raj Madhvan B.Tech+ 1.5 yr Work EX+ Prelim2016(108 Mark)+Prelim 2017(98 Marks)

Those who are not able to crack Prelims know the Pains, Now Prelims become more dicey and unpredictable that why Help of Someone Will be Game Changer
    Nominal Fee
    Raj Madhvan 8285080171rajmadhvan@gmail.com
  • @ForumIAS why do u guys have to favour those in Delhi? What about those who are preparing from their homes? Such biased attitude!
    Delhi ke bahar se jaise ki koi selection hote hi nahi. If u want to really help start an online focus group too apart from the offline one. U could actually be helping a lot many n give direction to many in need.

IF U want to crack the UPSC Prelims 2018 in this attempt itself, I can Help u in getting 120+ marks

I can teach u in ur Room(As a Home Tutor) Shadipur, Patel Nagar, Old Rajendra Nagar

In 1to1 Interaction, U can learn a lot and clear your doubts which is most important part for cracking Prelims)

Do not loose opportunity, Time is biggest asset, Take Home tuition as filling the gap so u can Secure

Those who are not able to crack Prelims know the Pains, Now Prelims become more dicey and unpredictable that why Help of Someone Will be Game Changer
    Nominal Fee

Bhai tum to high level pe troll Kar rahe ho yaar. Gajab Hai!!
    Do not go gentle into that good night
  • edited December 2017
    @ForumIAS bro atleast keep the test online no so that we can write and move to Delhi if selected. It would benefit a lot of PPL
    Edit: I now think it would be difficult to stop copying. Tough luck for non Delhi aspirants :)
  • @ForumIAS any updates for online student as open test for selection seems only for offline people.

Please do consider something for online people also. We would be highly obliged to you for this kind efforts.
  • Damn I want to be part of this. But haven't switched to PT mode yet. 6 days and game on!!

Nominal Fee

sir,

have mercy on yourself and try to get the cut-off marks for yourself first ...LMAO...!!!
  • madeye said:

@ForumIAS though I have filled the form, but I haven't appeared for mains till now so filled the column regarding no of mains attempt incorrect. There was a column which needed to be filled regarding mains attempt and the minimum no was atleast 1, does this imply that only people who have given mains atleast once are only eligible for this, please clarify.

I have the same query. Please clarify @ForumIAS
  • Some clarifications :smiley:

1) As of now, we will not be able to do it in the online mode. Most of even offline candidates will drift from - I will do it offline - to I will do it online - I will do it as per my will and flexibility - to I will sleep till the exam is too near. It is difficult to inculcate discipline in the online mode , and discipline is the key thing that gets one selected in the examination.

2) We will be using our best human resources on it, and no not want any non-serious candidates who are in the mood - ye bhi try kar lete hain

3) The goal too keep it free is so that everyone can participate. even those who do not make it to top 100 - since we have too many people applying - we will try to accomodate those outside the SFG in a reserve list, who will be allowed to write the daily tests at a designated time. We know that anyone who is able to pass through the rigor of writing tests daily, being in a mission mode for next 4-5 months will clear prelims no matter what. Even those outside 100 ranks. However, we will formally announce this concept of Reserve list only after the Open Test. Nominal fees for participation will be only collected on monthly basis - and candidates who do not write tests will be eliminated to make way for more serious and committed candidates. We are looking for 100% selections , and we have been working on this program for months - devoting our best Mentors for it. It will be more discouraging for us , if we fail at anything less than that. It is personal.

4) The curriculum is designed not in an idealistic manner , but in a practical manner - the kind of advice, books and chapters you would like your sibling to study and clear the Prelims, if he came up to you for guidance on Prelims - 4-5 months before the examination. In short, we will not make this exhaustive, but realistic and useful.

5) Registrations for the Open Test are open. You can register for the Open Test at the below link

http://instamojo.com/ForumIASAcademy

We expect that you do previous years papers at least and daily newspaper before you appear the Open Test for Selection.

The last date for applying for the open test is 3rd January. Hall ticket will be available by 4rth January 12 PM.
  • bigshow said:

madeye said:

@ForumIAS though I have filled the form, but I haven't appeared for mains till now so filled the column regarding no of mains attempt incorrect. There was a column which needed to be filled regarding mains attempt and the minimum no was atleast 1, does this imply that only people who have given mains atleast once are only eligible for this, please clarify.

I have the same query. Please clarify @ForumIAS
    This anomaly has been removed. It is also immaterial.
  • Haze said:

Damn I want to be part of this. But haven't switched to PT mode yet. 6 days and game on!!

Write the damn test. Top the exam. See you on 5th Jan.
  • @ForumIAS any updates for online student as open test for selection seems only for offline people.

Please do consider something for online people also. We would be highly obliged to you for this kind efforts.

We would love to, but unfortunately , we may not be able to afford dedicated resources for the offline program. Also it would not be free, and it would create an economic anomaly between the online and offline students. We recommend signing up for the ForumIAS Test Series. If you manage a under 300 rank there too, you will clear Prelims.
  • @ForumIAS bro atleast keep the test online no so that we can write and move to Delhi if selected. It would benefit a lot of PPL
    Edit: I now think it would be difficult to stop copying. Tough luck for non Delhi aspirants :)

Quire right.
  • 100 days..ha ha
    Paper 1 toh clear karaa doge, par CSAT mein aspirants ko fail karaaoge

Not one bit. We have CSAT in mind. We will take care of CSAT paper as well for those in SFG too.

• Question before I register for open test, is it online? I don't want to register in that case because everyone will cheat anyway.
  • YNWA said:

Question before I register for open test, is it online? I don't want to register in that case because everyone will cheat anyway.

No it is not online. It is an offline Test.
  • In Buying coffee option, there is only Yes button that too in required list, hahah, ForumIAS , after burning ships back, and barrels of mid-night oil, u need coffee, really ? Will offer u entire coffee farm, once I cross those borders !!

Oh, you have no idea. Last time, we asked for Perk. We got 57 perk chocolates so far :)

This time we asked for Books from Mains Students , who think that we in any way played a role in their success/ journey.

So far we have 11 books. But we know we will get more as results come :)

Including one from an MGP students , who is training in LBSNAA this years and got the Best IAS Officer Trainee and Winner of President's Medal at LBSNAA.

These are called little joys ( chuckle )
  • ForumIAS said:

In Buying coffee option, there is only Yes button that too in required list, hahah, ForumIAS , after burning ships back, and barrels of mid-night oil, u need coffee, really ? Will offer u entire coffee farm, once I cross those borders !!

Oh, you have no idea. Last time, we asked for Perk. We got 57 perk chocolates so far :)

This time we asked for Books from Mains Students , who think that we in any way played a role in their success/ journey.

So far we have 11 books. But we know we will get more as results come :)

Including one from an MGP students , who is training in LBSNAA this years and got the Best IAS Officer Trainee and Winner of President's Medal at LBSNAA.

These are called little joys ( chuckle )
    forum offline prelims class SFG is 14 Jan or after and classes conducted on weekly basis or daily ? and you said nominal fees how much is nominal plz clarify that
  • Thanks for the quick response. Can you answer two more questions please
    1) When is the open test?
    2) I cleared this year's Prelims easily. I, however, couldn't qualify for IFoS mains. Will joining this program help me in clearing IFoS cut off, if I clear the open test of course?
  • @ForumIAS
    Atleast inform us the schedule and booklist or the topiclist to be read datewise. We, the students outside delhi, will be benefited from it.
    Thanks
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog