How to Conquer GS in UPSC Mains, Explained By Anudeep Durishetty AIR 1 CSE 2017 Writing a good Essay in UPSC Mains, Explained by Anudeep Durishetty Answer Writing Focus Group for Mains 2018 – Details DOWNLOAD: UPSC Prelims 2018 GS Paper I UPDATE : Answer Writing Group ( Offline | New Delhi ) Registrations Are Now Open!
27 JULY | 200+ Issues for Mains 2018 ForumIAS is conducting classes for Current Affairs Mains. Cover upto 200+ Issues important for Mains , with specific focus on holistic coverage and content differentiation. Attend the first session ( Open to All ) at 11AM, on Friday July 27 at ForumIAS Offline Center, New Delhi.
CLICK HERE to read more and register for the First Open Class
Current Affairs ( Pre + Mains ) 2019 | 4 Aug | Attend First 3 Classes Free ForumIAS Weekly Current Affairs Classes commence from Saturday, 4 August, 5AM, at ForumIAS Offline Center, New Delhi.We invite you to attend the first three classes free
CLICK HERE to register for attending the classes on August 4, 5 and 11.

SECURE+DAILYCA+EDITORIAL

Hello ppl

Do you guys think insights secure + insights daily current affairs + insights editorial (nov 2017 to sept 2018) will be sufficient to crack 2018 mains?
I meant for GS1, GS2, GS3 along with static stuffs and economic survey?

Can i confidently avoid other materials such as vision mains 365, ias parliament etc etc?

Comments

• Any help from senior players would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
  • Hello ppl

Do you guys think insights secure + insights daily current affairs + insights editorial (nov 2017 to sept 2018) will be sufficient to crack 2018 mains?

Can i confidently avoid other materials such as vision mains 365, ias parliament etc etc?

Honest Opinion, if you do the compilations at the end of the month, you will be solving a large part of the problem of preparation of current affairs.

But if you open the mobile everytime an website drops an email, chances are you will spend more time browsing than studying.

Current Affairs knowledge addition happens when you study , make notes , read, revise etc. Not by browsing. So In terms of content, you are likely to decently solve the current affairs problem. In terms of habit formation via online preparation, it may not be the best one.
    *No good deed goes unpunished* | I am no knight, do not call me Sir | I write articles for Civil Services Aspirants, you can find them at http://blog.forumias.com/author/neyawn |
  • insights daily is just too much for me, I started this month with it and couldn't continue beyond 1 week. Everyday the give atleast 8 pages (can also go to 15 sometimes ), so in a week it adds upto a 60 pages average, fast forward a month it becomes , 240 pages. I don't know how people are able manage this, I am restricting myself to vision (80 pages thanks jesus) , hindu+IE max 8 articles

+1111 even I was wondering that how people are managing insghits daily CA...
  • For answer writing civils360s mains mini tests is good. They give evaluation too.
  • insights daily is just too much for me, I started this month with it and couldn't continue beyond 1 week. Everyday the give atleast 8 pages (can also go to 15 sometimes ), so in a week it adds upto a 60 pages average, fast forward a month it becomes , 240 pages. I don't know how people are able manage this, I am restricting myself to vision (80 pages thanks jesus) , hindu+IE max 8 articles

hahaha i also stopped it bro ....restricting myself to babapedia daily and vision booklet and last mei insight pt compilation nikalega den we can check if any topic skipped

True, the only thing keeping me going is that I have subscribed to their Prelims Test Series aur CA syllabus ka part hai :)

Insights can shorten the compilation which might make more people choose it for CA but then they might lose out on saying "xx% of questions in Prelims came directly from Insights CA"
  • mitraark said:

insights daily is just too much for me, I started this month with it and couldn't continue beyond 1 week. Everyday the give atleast 8 pages (can also go to 15 sometimes ), so in a week it adds upto a 60 pages average, fast forward a month it becomes , 240 pages. I don't know how people are able manage this, I am restricting myself to vision (80 pages thanks jesus) , hindu+IE max 8 articles

True, the only thing keeping me going is that I have subscribed to their Prelims Test Series aur CA syllabus ka part hai :)

Insights can shorten the compilation which might make more people choose it for CA but then they might lose out on saying "xx% of questions in Prelims came directly from Insights CA"
    :D
  • It kills me from within when kids now a days says is insghits daily CA +vision monthly+secure+insghits editorials enough to crack upsc :D
  • Opkiki said:

It kills me from within when kids now a days says is insghits daily CA +vision monthly+secure+insghits editorials enough to crack upsc :D

Ha ha ha ,exactly. The first thing that comes to my mind,what the hell I am doing from last 2 years,if everything is so apparent.
    Prelims=1 ,Mains= 1, Interview=0
    Essay-141 , GS-396 , PSIR Optional.
    Ex-Geography.
  • Opkiki said:

It kills me from within when kids now a days says is insghits daily CA +vision monthly+secure+insghits editorials enough to crack upsc :D

takes time to learn. btw, considering time,energy...etc, what is optimum/realistic for current affairs??
  • Doc1988 said:

Opkiki said:

takes time to learn. btw, considering time,energy...etc, what is optimum/realistic for current affairs??
    Doing one source 5 times is better than doing 3 sources 2 times...
  • Hello ppl

Brother this is my new account,for some reasons I cannot share the details of my old account.
    Let me tell you my views:
    Insights secure+insights editorial+economic survey+yojana summary+insights current affairs+gs score 2nd arc report summary are far more than enough to tackle the current affairs problem and yes these are doable but have to be done in a smart way, 95%+ candidates will not do this as they have various reasons for not doing these(and the 1st reason is :- as everyone says it can't be done)
    I too started a thread with similar query and disguised as a kid giving my 1st attempt in 2018(I have some reasons for the query)

So decide, whether you have the will, strength and determination to do these all, then do it.

Do not come to this thread again
    Stick to what neyawn said(as his opinion is the only positive one)
    P.S-I will not be able to reply, so no need to quote me
    Thanks
  • Iske alawa bhi bhot kuch padhna hota hai..
    Daily Hindu newspaper+ vision 365.. that is all for current affairs.. supplement yourself with other institutes material in case vision+Hindu missed anything important. That's all. You are done.

No Wolf! You gotta do both. :-D

• thanx a lot for the sugestions ppl!!!

one more help...can anyone provide link for gs score or any other good 2nd ARC notes?
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://academy.forumias.com

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog