How to Conquer GS in UPSC Mains, Explained By Anudeep Durishetty AIR 1 CSE 2017 Writing a good Essay in UPSC Mains, Explained by Anudeep Durishetty Answer Writing Focus Group for Mains 2018 – Details DOWNLOAD: UPSC Prelims 2018 GS Paper I UPDATE : Answer Writing Group ( Offline | New Delhi ) Registrations Are Now Open!
27 JULY | 200+ Issues for Mains 2018 ForumIAS is conducting classes for Current Affairs Mains. Cover upto 200+ Issues important for Mains , with specific focus on holistic coverage and content differentiation. Attend the first session ( Open to All ) at 11AM, on Friday July 27 at ForumIAS Offline Center, New Delhi.
CLICK HERE to read more and register for the First Open Class

Geography Optional preparation?

Which chapters/pages to read from Geomorphology by Savindra Singh for geography optional paper 1 as per suggestion of Shabbir sir?

Comments

• Read the chapters on

1. Factors controlling landforms
    2. Slope evaluation ( Which discuuses various theories like wood's , hack , peck davis and others

3.Fluvial geomorphology
    3. Applied geomorphology

I have not book with me right now otherwise I would have pointed the exact chapters and their details.
  • Read the chapters on

2. Slope evaluation ( Which discuuses various theories like wood's , hack , peck davis and others

3.Fluvial geomorphology
    3. Applied geomorphology

I have not book with me right now otherwise I would have pointed the exact chapters and their details.

Do you have the page number marked by Shabbir sir?
  • Read the chapters on

3.Fluvial geomorphology
    3. Applied geomorphology

Kindly if you could tell it chapter wise it wud be of immense help
  • Which is the best book for geographical thought ?

Majid Hussain
    Sudeepta Adhikari
    OR
    R D Dixit
  • neo_neo said:

Which is the best book for geographical thought ?

Majid Hussain
    Sudeepta Adhikari
    OR
    R D Dixit

Majid Hussain
  • DNA Fingerprinting – Benefits and Challenges(GS3)

Topic covered

1. Why in news
    2. What is DNA fingerprinting ?
    3. DNA fingerprinting can be done through
    4. How is DNA fingerprinting done?
    5. Uses of DNA Fingerprinting
    6. Challenges in the use of DNA fingerprinting
    7. Are there any laws in India regarding DNA fingerprinting?
    8. What needs to be done?
    9. Conclusion

https://ydsedu.com/2017/12/16/dna-fingerprinting-benefits-and-challenges-for-india/
  • Read the chapters on

3.Fluvial geomorphology
    3. Applied geomorphology

1. Theories of Landform development: 3rd chapter : read major geomorphic theories portion of Gilbert, Davis, Penck, ....
    2. Chapter 15 : Hillslope,entire chapter
    3. chapter 21 and Chapter 22 , Fluvial and Channel Morphology , read the entire chapter
    4. Chapter 29 : Applied ( entire chapter)

This list is more than that sir has asked, questions nowadays are becoming dynamic and are pertaining to uncovered sections from the above mentioned topic. Hitherto the questions were repeating or predictable but now it is changed. I have pointed the topics which are otheerwise not covered in the Savindra singh's Physical geography.

PS: If you are looking for exact page number then it wont help you to consolidate the concepts. Read the chapter in its entirety to gain the context of its discussion. (Are you in the test series batch?)

• Read the chapters on

3.Fluvial geomorphology
    3. Applied geomorphology

1. Theories of Landform development: 3rd chapter : read major geomorphic theories portion of Gilbert, Davis, Penck, ....
    2. Chapter 15 : Hillslope,entire chapter
    3. chapter 21 and Chapter 22 , Fluvial and Channel Morphology , read the entire chapter
    4. Chapter 29 : Applied ( entire chapter)

This list is more than that sir has asked, questions nowadays are becoming dynamic and are pertaining to uncovered sections from the above mentioned topic. Hitherto the questions were repeating or predictable but now it is changed. I have pointed the topics which are otheerwise not covered in the Savindra singh's Physical geography.

PS: If you are looking for exact page number then it wont help you to consolidate the concepts. Read the chapter in its entirety to gain the context of its discussion. (Are you in the test series batch?)

Can you please share scanned pages of concerned chapters ?
  • Plot ki Length and Width naapne ka instrument /device kahaan milega?
  • hey modernbudha can u plz help me for sources on regional geo,biogeo and eco geo?
  • edited December 2017
    samit said:

hey modernbudha can u plz help me for sources on regional geo,biogeo and eco geo?

Regional Geography paper 1and paper 2
    1. If you can manage printed notes of ALS on the regional planning then it is more than sufficient on the topic (if supplemented with the latest development in the schemes of the govermnet on the tribal, rural, backward, balanced regional development etc.)
    2. Otherwise, read from either Tiwari/ Khullar for paper 2. ( You have to supplement the schemes with latest development because much has changedsince the book was written. Preferably read the NITI Ayog report on India action plan for the regional development, rural development and the Urban Development)

Made simple has also covered the topic in comprehensive manner on this topic, but it ca't be a standalone source. There are certain thiings which you will not find in the books like
    1. Methods of regionalisation
    2. types of region

ALS printed notes has covered the topic but not in comprehensive manner. I have supplemented this with multiple handwriten coaching notes. If you can manage reading from the multiple sources then I will advise you to buy handwritten coaching notes of all major coaching Institutes preferably Shabbir sir, Alok Ranjan sir and ALS( Printed notes not handwritten )

Biogeography

> I have prepared it from the Rupa made physical and Examrace's youtube videos

Economic geography

> Read first the Rupa made economic geography on the Industries , resouces and energy, then move on to Mrunal's Industrial location. After this read either from the Khullar/ Tiwari for the Indian Industries. Look out for the locational aspects, challenges, prospects, trends and pattern on each of the 10-12 Industries mentioned in the syllabus.
    - Supplement this with the latest shcmes lik make in India and other such plicies and initiatives of the government to spur Industries.
  • thnx alot brother modernbudha ....
  • samit said:

hey modernbudha can u plz help me for sources on regional geo,biogeo and eco geo?

For regional planning there is a very good pdf of UNCRD which covers most of the syllabus for regional planning portion.
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://academy.forumias.com

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog